lol movie

DaanLand

Fledgling Freddie
pretrty lol movie, dont know if anyone caught it on MTV, but here ya goes :)

Lineage2 on MTV VideoMod

thought id share this with u guys, its rly funny :)

LOL i wana see the dorf mod now ^^

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Cool video, shame about the music on it. ;)

Punk ewww :p

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I liked it :)

But then I really liked Lineage 2, shame the pvp system is so nasty in it. I miss it :(

tazzbe

Fledgling Freddie
Nice clip

I tried the Korea beta...but that was Lineage I...and all text was kinda impossible to read :)

Dunno about II...might give it a try if my come-back to daoc isn't what i expected :)

DaanLand

Fledgling Freddie
hehe kagato the pvp system is a real one - and a mean one at that :)

at least in lineage2 u can "hurt" ur enemy, not give them a carebeary rez sickness :) delvl ur enemy ftw :)

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
Punk?

Jaem- said:
Cool video, shame about the music on it. ;)

Punk ewww :p

Are you calling the music punk, or Daanland? :p

The game had great promise, but it was full of bugs and bug abusers who made and sold fortunes and so ruined the "economy".

The Killers are a really good fresh, if American, band.

Great Video though :D

DaanLand

Fledgling Freddie
Ashgen said:
Are you calling the music punk, or Daanland? :p

The game had great promise, but it was full of bugs and bug abusers who made and sold fortunes and so ruined the "economy".

The Killers are a really good fresh, if American, band.

Great Video though :D

lol ashgen is clearly the punk :clap:

those old prelude bugs are gone, and well dont all games have ebayers :)

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
Is it ...

DaanLand said:
lol ashgen is clearly the punk :clap:

those old prelude bugs are gone, and well dont all games have ebayers :)

Is it worth another crack then?

Rhirap

Fledgling Freddie
if u dont mind a year or so of permagrind, yea, it can be fun, but monotonous at times, and the thing that i hated was the limited amout of equipment, every1 tended to use the same stuff all the time, because there is really only 1 'best' set of equipment for each grade. the pvp system can get frustrating too, but there u go, its not every1s cup of tea, i just found it frustrating when u die and lose your equipment, which u cant afford to replace and cant hunt without it, so u have to reroll and start farming cash all over again. every1 will have a different opinion, i guess everything is worth a try, you just gonna have to find out. the biggest problem is farmers, they use third party bot programs to control like 8 of their chars, and they control 1, and lockdown the best places so u cant get near them...they just pk you, or train u with a load of mobs and take ur items. worst part being NCSoft dont seem to give a shit, since if they ban them it means they lose 9 accounts, therefore 9 subscribers per farmer they ban. the entire economy is farmer driven pretty much, and tbh it totally sucks. i dunno, it might all be different now, been a while, but i cant see how it can have improved that much, you just gonna have to give it a go and see what u think :p

oh and not forgetting over half the EUROPEAN server population are chinese and dont speak a word of english, and about a fifth of the remaining non-farmer population bot anyway. you would be hard pushed to find a player that speaks, let alone speaks english

DaanLand

Fledgling Freddie
Ashgen said:
Is it worth another crack then?

ALOT has changed, its much better than it used to be, rhirap didnt like it cus he was rerollin all the time, so never got the taste the game at the higher lvl, leave the low lvl grind spots / see new areas etc :eek:

raid bosses are much mnore viable now (no longer the impossible -/+ of 10 lvls of the boss only) and its con based wich is better and now loot is more likely to get

alot of chinese play it, but since a program they use became paytoplay by the makers, its rly killed alot of them off

the grind is tough - too tough for sum, and losing items lvls at times is harder, but imo pulls clans together to work harder and craft items together. losing items depends on alot, like how many pks u have, the more pks u got, the more likely u are to drop items, but there is a quest to lose pk count so :) they introduced a new exp system, so solo'rs get more exp/loot/money etc and grping has its benefits too. its alot more new gamer friendly, more helpful with lowbie buffs, item quests / bonuses etc alot more better than it was :)

they introduced a new dusk and dawn system that rly helps balance things for non castle holders (cripple castle holders defences etc to make for easier sieging)

plus the politics can be rly hvy at times, but its what keeps re inventing the game / servers :) powers come, powers fall

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
Well, it takes forever to level really, and without money ur gonna have to use shitty equipment... but the graphics really are great and the world is too

DaanLand

Fledgling Freddie
Drucken said:
Well, it takes forever to level really, and without money ur gonna have to use shitty equipment... but the graphics really are great and the world is too

naw they changed it in chronicles 3 :) its rly new player friendly now and u get to exchange items at low lvl for higher ones w/o spending money and u get good quests for cash and items now :)

the exp has rly changed, its awesome to solo and gud in grps too :)

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
well... the newbie buffs are really helpful, and the exchange is for one level higher weapon of the same type and you still have to pay the different in price between the two.

For example, I had the highest no-grade sword on my fighter, and when i turned 20 and went warrior i had to farm like over 300k to afford the first D-grade polearm

love the game but cba with the levling, its cool that u can for example own keeps and towns in the real world and be king.

DaanLand

Fledgling Freddie
Drucken said:
well... the newbie buffs are really helpful, and the exchange is for one level higher weapon of the same type and you still have to pay the different in price between the two.

For example, I had the highest no-grade sword on my fighter, and when i turned 20 and went warrior i had to farm like over 300k to afford the first D-grade polearm

love the game but cba with the levling, its cool that u can for example own keeps and towns in the real world and be king.

if u need a hand pm me ingame ill hook u up :)

Rhirap

Fledgling Freddie
thats kinda the problem, unless u got someone to help u get started, or u ebay, its impossible to get anywhere without rerolling and twinking for a couple months...money is just too hard to come by and thanks to the 75% non-english-speaking population, everything is so damn expensive...its not hard to farm cash at higher lvls, but only like 52+, even on my spellsinger coming up to 50 cash was hard to get. (and no its not about knowing where and what to farm, because farmers had it covered and u couldnt get within 1000 paces of them) and i refuse to believe its changed that much, the farmers who held stronger alliances than the strongest player guilds, who run a $5m or whatever it is a year operation arent just gonna pack it in because they gotta pay $30 for the program to do it. i just dont believe that at all.

me not liking the game was nothing to do with 'keep' rerolling (which i only did once btw), that makes no difference whatsoever

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
DaanLand said:
if u need a hand pm me ingame ill hook u up :)

Hehe thanks for the offer mate ;) But not very big chance we play the same server + I play US. That might be a tip for Rhirap, cause I havnt seen too much botters and everybody I met have been nice and English talking :)

DaanLand

Fledgling Freddie
Rhirap said:
thats kinda the problem, unless u got someone to help u get started, or u ebay, its impossible to get anywhere without rerolling and twinking for a couple months...money is just too hard to come by and thanks to the 75% non-english-speaking population, everything is so damn expensive...its not hard to farm cash at higher lvls, but only like 52+, even on my spellsinger coming up to 50 cash was hard to get. (and no its not about knowing where and what to farm, because farmers had it covered and u couldnt get within 1000 paces of them) and i refuse to believe its changed that much, the farmers who held stronger alliances than the strongest player guilds, who run a $5m or whatever it is a year operation arent just gonna pack it in because they gotta pay $30 for the program to do it. i just dont believe that at all.

me not liking the game was nothing to do with 'keep' rerolling (which i only did once btw), that makes no difference whatsoever

games changed massively since ur day, i v rarely meet any cn ppl anymore, the only language barrier is spanish ppl !

and u hunted in wrong places to solo, alots changed u shudnt comment on the new patch when u only played old patches :)

lins sps 2 shots mobs, and bsps costs her nothin compared to the cash she makes per mob :) but anyways the c3 patch made it solo friendlier and the quests changed alot, not to mention the dusk dawn war, lets clanless ppl make money fast and trade low grd wpns for higher grd

tazzbe

Fledgling Freddie
Really tempted to try lineage 2 too. Reading these comments and those from here
i kinda have my doubt about the solo thing & lack of cash and the weapon/armor you can or can't buy.

How is the xp compared to daoc? pvp? pve?

Kinda hoping there is a way to try this game without having to buy it immediatly...free 15 days trial or something. Don't wanna spend xx of euro's on a game i might not like. And after a couple of hours you kinda get the idea you wanna continue playing or not.

Rhirap

Fledgling Freddie
um, i dont believe u, the chinese cant have disappeared overnight, i just dont believe that for a second. either that, or the server population is now so scarce you hardly come across ANYONE any more. i didnt hunt wrong places to solo, if u remember rightly i soloed to 48 in a couple of weeks, it doesnt change the fact that cash is hard to farm at lower levels. i 2 shotted mobs with my sps, what difference does that make? you can try convince me that its a completely different game but tbh, you tried that while i was playing it and i put up with it for a while, but its just not happening...you like the game, you are gonna have good things to say about it, i got fed up and bored of it, so im gonna have bad things to say about it...thats life. it is what it is, you like it, i dont. ofc there are ways to make money, there was before, doesnt mean its easier, you could make money just by killing stuff...but when a lvl 50 weapon costs 15 million adena, and lvl 75 mobs only drop 2000 adena at a time, it just doesnt really add up. i didnt directly omment on a new patch, i havent played the new patch, but u cant deny that the game hasnt changed much, ofc bits have changed but overall looking at the bigger picture, it hasnt really changed much at all.

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
Mr. Negative strikes again...

I think what you really need is a hug :fluffle:

Rhirap

Fledgling Freddie
i really do :fluffle: and yea, i know im negative, i just dont like the game, but i think most of my points are pretty much more fact than opinion :)

i spent a good half a year or so trying to be positive about it and stuck at it, now its negative time :p

besides, daan is giving the positive points, someone needs to balance things out a bit (and bring down the mood a bit :touch: )

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
So.... how long ago was it since you played then? Maybe Daanland is right... a game changes alot with patches

Rhirap

Fledgling Freddie
oooo i dunno, about 4 months ago...but i dont think u realise that when i say over half the population were chinese farmers, i meant LITERALLY....unless the server population is now half what it was, the chinese are far from gone. last year i think they made something like $5m from farming cash...how can they just give that up? the game frustrated me because of the poxy chinese, thats the main reason i quit in the end...im just having a hard time believing they left all of a sudden

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
You played europe right? I think I read that... American population is really nice... I guess the reason I'm not playing is because of the money I lack and the hard levling without it... And ofc. I had to come back for some more daoc, realise after wow pvp how lucky we are to have RvR despite ToA, Catacombs and the huge inflation.

Rep

One of Freddy's beloved
hi ash and ash^^

i gotta agree with rhirap tbh coz i quit L2 aswell. id say i only played it as long as i did coz it was addictive, trying to get high level, since u got so much power, basically if u were a lvl 75 character with good stuff, or in a strong clan/alliance, u could do pretty much anything u wanted and get away with it - grind = strength

but in the end it became a mindless grind, every time u log on its like ok lets go and beat on these mobs all day, hope i dont get a few seconds lag and die, or get pked and lose the last few days progress and/or my weapon that i saved up for from lvl 1-40

my 2 pence (not cents :kissit: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom