lol @ cluster

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Downanael said:
I would rate my AMD 64 3200+ with 1024 RAM pretty medium :p

Guess the Radeon 9800 Pro starts to get bit old.If not i'm really out of ideas

If your running the cats client at a high resolution AND dual logging then no I wouldn't think that was enough now. I use a PC and lower spec laptop for my 2 accounts, not had any LD problems recently, the odd bit of lag but nothing terrible since cluster.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Airmid said:
Out of curiosity, whats the best way to increase your framerate? Whenever I join large raids (50+ people) my FPS drops to about 10-15, and then remains that low even when I've zone and won't go back up until I've restarted Camelot.

As you can imagine this makes ML raids and large scale RvR a real pain. I have an Athlon 3200 XP, 2GB PC3200 DDR RAM, Geforce 5700 Ultra card and a decent connection. Its only ever my FPS that really suffers though.

Answers on a postcard please, and if this is too off-topic feel free to move it to tech discussion :p

the problem in your otherwise nice system is the GFXcard, upgrade it to a cheap GeForce 6600GT or a 6800LE and it will run a lot smoother for you I think.

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
hah, Boppas the one slagging of people that been complaining about cluster is now moaning? Oh the irony!

lol you call that slagging off, good job you aint met me irl then tbh ;)

Maybe try reading my *slagging* post (as you call it) again then re-read my 1st post on here... incase you cba:

my *slagging people* cluster post that you mention was along the lines of:

... lol @ the people who QQ about add.

& this post:

... lol @ mythics hardware that cant handle cluster.

yup, i see the irony! :clap:

As for cluster, ive not had as much fun in daoc in a long time, only problem is the hardware that mythic use weather it be server/router/config whatever, is crap :)

oh & btw... lol @ ppl who QQ about add with cluster \o/ oh dear..seems like im *slagging off* again :fluffle:

btw for those that say it was prob down to our own PC's/client/Net con etc.. Req said it was daocs Router that died , probably too much traffic & router couldnt hadle it..as i said...crap hardware.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Kami said:
If you actually want to optimise your gaming performance then perhaps GOA should put a minimum client spec out regarding broadband, basically if you ping more than 50, you're not allowed to connect. People whinge about GOA's hardware etc but a lot of it is probably client side.

I haven't had anywhere near the number of problems others are having, so I really doubt it's GOA's problem.

Bolx! My connection from Dubai now pings at around 160-200 mS and I very rarely LD. have experienced lag - last Saturday RR with battles of 200-300 and had instances where I could not log in because of all the bots etc at CS. Ping is not the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom