lol @ cluster

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
cluster + daoc servers = more of a joke than it was.

I was looking forward to RR's & Large scale battles (how rvr was intended) but after tonight with the amount of lag & LD's from people then not being able to log back on is a joke & its gunna be like this with every RR in the future unless they upgrade the servers which they will not do because that costs money & they are stingy f00kers or they would have done it before cluster.

But they give the usual crap excuse "it must be our comp/net con etc etc... It's never because the servers are simply "crap" & can not cope with this amount of players, I Never LD or lost conn in EQ2 once & many times i was in large scale raids & not to mention the gfx are more memory hungry than daoc, but never had probs...but DAoC ...lol ^^

aye its a QQ/Whine ...but what is the point of cluster when daoc is un-playable because of the gimped servers that are way past the sell-by-date :(

/clap mythic/goa ..yet another "fook up" :clap:

polza

Loyal Freddie
have to agree tbh 1st night of cluster had loged eld at dl so coudent log it in all evening, then died tday lded on death with the pure amount of peps there and coudent log it back in, y cluster if servers cnt handle it

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
clustering has been great fun, rvr for anyone that wants it. Any sized battle if you want it..

Ovron

One of Freddy's beloved
The actual server tonight was very stable...

People went LD cause of too many people in the same area as them. If something is to be blamed, it is the rendering engine, which GOA has zero control over.

/Ovron

ps. Should teach you hibs not to add on Mids having a RR against Albs :)

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Well tonight i realised one thing,if i want to have bb i need second comp :(

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
no just dont log your bot anywhere near to druim ligen i found that logging in one account at a time and moving that person away from bot capital is the only way to manage once your propperly logged in and stableish move your bot to cain. That way people can zone in and out of dl without lagging or lding.

Darkptang

Fledgling Freddie
Ovron said:

People went LD cause of too many people in the same area as them. If something is to be blamed, it is the rendering engine, which GOA has zero control over.

to many people? lol 200/300 people in the same zone :fluffle: i remember NF beta we made like uge zerg fight´s 700 on the same zone and i never ld but since they cluster its just like uge lag spike´s and insta ld when i meet 2fg+ :( :m00:

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Get a decent PC if you have problems logging in or going LD in Ligen/Sauvage.

Nothing wrong with the server if you got THOSE problems - just a matter of having a PC which aint up-to-date.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Ovron said:

/Ovron

Very stable at the Mo - in a permanent state of OFF - has been laggy all over not just NF

Corran

Part of the furniture
hah, Boppas the one slagging of people that been complaining about cluster is now moaning? Oh the irony!

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:

Nothing wrong with the server if you got THOSE problems - just a matter of having a PC which aint up-to-date.

I would rate my AMD 64 3200+ with 1024 RAM pretty medium :p

Guess the Radeon 9800 Pro starts to get bit old.If not i'm really out of ideas

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:

thats pretty funny, i always lagged on prydwen once abit to many people was in same zone, never had that problems on merlin (wtf the server is located nearly half way around the world) unless its a RR.

Darkptang

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:

AMD 64 3200+ with 1024 mb ram / GeForce FX 5200 128 mb :sex: :m00: as i said i never ld when facing zerg´s before cluster :fluffle:

shaark

Loyal Freddie
i never ld and never have lagg after cluster till now when is totaly closed

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:

You know that there are games with players loging 6k+ accounts after a reboot/downtime with none of the problems DAoC currently has?

The game currently is not a MASSIVE multiplayer online roleplaying game but a disappointment from the technical perspective, waiting for 30 minutes to finally get it while sitting in front of the PC to restart the client all the time, no load balancing and no waiting loop, no proper timeout handlers.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
You know that there are games with players loging 6k+ accounts after a reboot/downtime with none of the problems DAoC currently has?

The game currently is not a MASSIVE multiplayer online roleplaying game but a disappointment from the technical perspective, waiting for 30 minutes to finally get it while sitting in front of the PC to restart the client all the time, no load balancing and no waiting loop, no proper timeout handlers.

I have to agree slighlty with this, No MMORPG can guarantee stable connections all the while.

The game though is a MASSIVE Multiplayer game, and the code/rendering engine/platform should be able to sustain multiple connections with little degrading in performance.

After all the game is 4 years old, you would of thought there would have optimised it now for better performance.

:m00:

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
if you got any old hardware send it to goa to improve server :worthy: Everything better then 230mhz cpu, tnt2 river an 64 ram will do :eek7:

Support goa for arthur, odin an whatt ever the wanker from hib is called!!!!!!!

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
Wasn't it stated that the hardware GOA are using is top notch anyway?

Oh well, you could LD once in a lifetime and still we'd see whine.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
TeaSpoon said:
Wasn't it stated that the hardware GOA are using is top notch anyway?

They are french an live in the past.. They think its the year 1995 or something....

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
I havent ld´d besides it being my ow fault yet. And cluster rvr have been awsome so far.. Heard they had some router problems last night.. So that´d prolly be it?

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Ovron said:

/Ovron

How come there aint no problem with it on mythic's servers then if GOA has nothing to do with it?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
The problem's there on the US servers as well - just you're not playing with another 750 people in an RvR zone. Was plenty of lag whine when the US first clustered.

Cause of your problem:

Computer overloading due to too little speed (fps lag - shift-p, see that little third icon, that's your fps) this will slow everything down to a slideshow.

Depending on your network card and drivers this can also cause the network card to stop responding (it doesn't get its CPU time and hangs up).
This happens in particular when: zoning, releasing, porting.

Can solve the first by buying a better computer ;)
Can solve the second by upgrading your network card drivers and making sure there's no "hardware checksum" enabled on your network card properties.

Though if you'd contacted technical support rather than just posting "OMG GOA SUX IT WOZ PURFIACT ON MYSTIC SIRVURS!" you'd have been told that already.
I'm sure it's still GOAs fault that your network card drivers suck :)

My computer's a heap of junk but it still runs fine post clustering.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
If you actually want to optimise your gaming performance then perhaps GOA should put a minimum client spec out regarding broadband, basically if you ping more than 50, you're not allowed to connect. People whinge about GOA's hardware etc but a lot of it is probably client side.

I haven't had anywhere near the number of problems others are having, so I really doubt it's GOA's problem.

Serosh

Fledgling Freddie
Well have to say that on the US servers I lag/ld alot in instances late in the evening (around US primetime), other than that I have little to no problems really.

Though my lag can be blamed on my low rams (768 atm :p) and a bad case of HDD-clutter ;)

Should defrag some time and clean up my junk files really :p

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I don't have too much problem with these large zergs, other than having to run with /effects group, which means I can't see enemy spellcasting as clearly until they target my group, which makes life a bit harder.

The cluster has not LD'd me yet, though I have a decent connection (512kb Broadband, with approx 25-30ms ping to servers, and rarely get packetloss), decent processor (2800 athlon), decent memory (1gb), and decent graphics (4600Ti). I keep the hard drive defragged with a background defragger (Diskeeper), and the on-line anti-virus doesn't touch Camelot (though the scheduled scan does).

My experience during the various issues with networking has been that it's packetloss that kills, rather than ping times. I think they use a broadcast type approach (where you send out packets and don't care if they reach the target), rather than an acknowledgement approach (where you send the packet and wait for an acknowledgement before sending the next).

When the system is working well, that approach greatly increases the speed you get communication from the server (it would really crawl, I've seen it with transatlantic database accessing). When you start suffering latency issues (ie longer ping times), you are just getting these updates slightly later. A ping of 200, though, is still only 0.2 seconds, which is playable. A ping of 2000 (which is what I had last year from a hotel in egypt), isn't much fun. However, if you're getting packetloss, then you actually miss whole sets of information about what is going on, and depending on the information, you'll have to wait for the next sending, which can be several seconds. I get the impression that certain information (mob models, character images, etc) is sent less often than other (location and damage %) information.

It's why I always turn on Show Lost Packet (Err) count in pingplotter.

Darzil

Airmid

Fledgling Freddie
Out of curiosity, whats the best way to increase your framerate? Whenever I join large raids (50+ people) my FPS drops to about 10-15, and then remains that low even when I've zone and won't go back up until I've restarted Camelot.

As you can imagine this makes ML raids and large scale RvR a real pain. I have an Athlon 3200 XP, 2GB PC3200 DDR RAM, Geforce 5700 Ultra card and a decent connection. Its only ever my FPS that really suffers though.

Answers on a postcard please, and if this is too off-topic feel free to move it to tech discussion :p

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Airmid said:
Out of curiosity, whats the best way to increase your framerate? Whenever I join large raids (50+ people) my FPS drops to about 10-15, and then remains that low even when I've zone and won't go back up until I've restarted Camelot.

As you can imagine this makes ML raids and large scale RvR a real pain. I have an Athlon 3200 XP, 2GB PC3200 DDR RAM, Geforce 5700 Ultra card and a decent connection. Its only ever my FPS that really suffers though.

Answers on a postcard please, and if this is too off-topic feel free to move it to tech discussion :p

I'm not sure how much it helps, but /vidreset is supposed to clear out your graphics cards buffers, and may help.

It may, however, simply be memory leaks in the camelot executable, which can only be solved by restarting.

Darzil

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Airmid said:
Out of curiosity, whats the best way to increase your framerate? Whenever I join large raids (50+ people) my FPS drops to about 10-15,

/stick and pan the camera so it points at your arse...!

:m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom