LOL at high spec pc's

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
That machine is completely unbalanced, by the time half that ram is needed the other components well be way behind whats needed :D

8gb ram max tbh

Ofc unless you're running a 64bit OS there's not point in having more than 4Gb of Memory.

Thinking of designing my own case and then seeing how much it would cost to have it made...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I've got a year old, about 600-700€ machine, HP+acer screen(1920)(with a secondary smaller one) and have to say it's worked wonders.

Thinking of upgrading the GFX card, then perhaps spend a bit more buck to get that SSD whatnot(can't remember) disk for windows.

Should last another year or two just fine.

Lethul

FH is my second home
wouldnt touch that pc with a barge pole for the following reasons

1) anyone that puts 24gig of ram into a pc shouldnt be trusted, because anyone with an ounce of pc knowledge would know any game on the market currently or released for the next 10+ years wouldn't even use half of that ram.

2) 4000 gig hd space, not quite sure what relevance that has for gamers given all the hd's are 7200, a proper gaming pc would have nothing but 10000rpm hd's in and even then why 4000 gig? whats that all about? is that for 4000 gig worth of morrowind saves or something?

Why would you want 10000rpms disks when there is SSDs? :p

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
SSD's have a limited amount of read/writes. This means when you use them a lot they go broke very fast (you could say the same about normal hd's in a way). Also the lifespan of ssd's is going up, but still nowhere close to normal hd's.

To put it short, don't use a ssd for a disk that gets used a lot.

georgie

FH is my second home
Intel will guarantee that you can write 100GB of data to one of its MLC SSDs every day, for the next five years, and your data will remain intact.

Not too shabby. As you say, they're getting better.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Yeah for "normal" users it should be fine. But I would hasitate to use one for storage on a nas/backupserver/htpc.

georgie

FH is my second home
For storage I would have thought that for most users the main selling point is still £ per GB. SSDs are still some way off displacing platters.

Just bought an SSD for my boot drive, overall very pleased with it. Everything is just that bit snappier.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Why would you want 10000rpms disks when there is SSDs? :p

Don't like SSDs :p not saying they're shit, just not for me 10000rpm does the job well enough. If I was splashing out on a proper hardcore gaming rig I certainly wouldnt get the 7200rpm shit he's trying to fob people off with tho :p he could remove half of the ram he has in it and invest in some better hd's for a start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom