LOL at high spec pc's

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I mean who would buy this?
(Followed by twenty replies me!)

I'm getting old, these specs seem like something you would make up while having a tug reading PC mag in the 90's.
And I know someone's going to post a PC with 10X more.

2000mhz ram

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If i had the cash to do so, in a heartbeat :p

That casing looks really nice too.

You'll soon need that kind of a machine to play modern games(thread inc).

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Sorry, but I'd want the monitor and a small family super mini thrown in for that price :)

Job

I just love the way they call the 1000w power supply 'eco friendly', it seems
the more inherently un-eco friendly something is the more likely it is to have some 'green' badge stuck on it in a vain hope it will keep it off the radar.

Like BP's logo, I mean they should have a picture of someone using a nuclear bomb to blow up a volcano.

razeredge

One of Freddy's beloved
For such an expensive machine you would have thought they'd have put a wireless n card in there and not a wireless g

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Hehe, nice computer. But I dont find my own that bad either, compared to it.
Intel Core™ i7 Hexa Processor i7-970 - 3,2GHz

16GB ram 2000MHz(My computer barely uses 4GB of them tho...)

80GB SSD(For my windows to be installed on)
2,5TB on the rest of my space.

ATI Radeon HD 5780 1GB(Traded in my old one because of some fault with the fan, added some more money and got this. would like to by a new one aswell, but find it overkill. As nothing I've tried yet can't be run on full).

I upgraded the ram and SSD disc only because of the Minecraft server I at first ran on my own computer. After Deebs took over, I don't see the freaking point in having that much ram :p

Fast

Part of the furniture
No oc on the cpu? pointless amount of ram, 4gig is more than enough.

gohan

FH is my second home
24g lolz........ mines only 4 aswell and i have np with load times

Punishment

Resident Freddy
That machine is completely unbalanced, by the time half that ram is needed the other components well be way behind whats needed :D

8gb ram max tbh

Embattle

FH is my second home
the more inherently un-eco friendly something is the more likely it is to have some 'green' badge stuck on it in a vain hope it will keep it off the radar.

Like BP's logo, I mean they should have a picture of someone using a nuclear bomb to blow up a volcano.

Good/friendly PSUs ones are based around efficiency ratings at different loads, in essence how much energy isn't wasted.

Chronictank

FH is my second home

It's more efficient than ones rated lower at lower power usages
e.g.
A 600w power supply at load is less efficient than a 1k psu running at 600w

Example:
1200W Power Supply
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-029-CS
80 Plus Gold certified to deliver at least 90% efficiency at 50% load

600W equivalent in the same family
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-035-CS&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=1084
Up to 80% energy efficiency means less heat generation and lower energy bills
up to 80% meaning it is probably running at 80% around 50-60%

edit: doh beaten to it

Job

I'm sure it's lovely, but anything that can potentially consume a 1000 watts (one bar on an electric fire) just run a computer is not eco friendly, stop the bullshit, just say fuck it, there's loads of oil left and I want my FPS!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
8gb ram max tbh

For gaming, possibly. But my Exchange VM needs 8GB, another 8GB for the sharepoint server, then 8GB left over for domain controllers and other shizzle.

Still, I wouldn't spend the amount of money they're asking for. I guess that's the advantage of being able to build yourself.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I said it once and will say it again:

Desktops are so 20th century :p

Punishment

Resident Freddy
For gaming, possibly. But my Exchange VM needs 8GB, another 8GB for the sharepoint server, then 8GB left over for domain controllers and other shizzle.

Still, I wouldn't spend the amount of money they're asking for. I guess that's the advantage of being able to build yourself.

If you were able to assemble lego as a child you can build a pc nowadays :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
wouldnt touch that pc with a barge pole for the following reasons

1) anyone that puts 24gig of ram into a pc shouldnt be trusted, because anyone with an ounce of pc knowledge would know any game on the market currently or released for the next 10+ years wouldn't even use half of that ram.

2) 4000 gig hd space, not quite sure what relevance that has for gamers given all the hd's are 7200, a proper gaming pc would have nothing but 10000rpm hd's in and even then why 4000 gig? whats that all about? is that for 4000 gig worth of morrowind saves or something?

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Actually mine isn't too far off. Only 6GB of 2Ghz DDR3 and 3TB of storage, but it is using RAID5 on a real controller - not some shitty onboard thing.

system.png

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Actually mine isn't too far off. Only 6GB of 2Ghz DDR3 and 3TB of storage, but it is using RAID5 on a real controller - not some shitty onboard thing.

system.png

12 core processors. Is that even necessary ? :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
how much do you mothrfuckers spend on your pcs?

Used to spend a grand every 2 years, buy all the parts and build myself. Sadly with so few decent PC games and graphics tech not being pushed there is not point in upgrading anymore, there is nothing this 3+ year old rig can't run at 1920x1200 and so I am saving the cash for other things like asian hookers and coke fueled orgies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom