Logitech SetPoint software

throdgrain

FH is my second home
is an utter load of shite :(

Ive bought a G3 mouse (suitable for my left-handedness) and installed the software etc.

Its a great mouse, far far more precise than an ordinary thing. However, as soon as I leave a game I notice my CPU tempreture high, go and check and the mouse is using all of one of the processors. And wont switch off. In the end I have to use task manager, and then the temperature goes down. Even then its not really turned off, when I close down windows it says that SetPoint is not responding. Ive tried different versions of the driver to no effect, and different settings too.

Its rubbish :/

If anyone knows of an fix, please let me know.

If anyone's thinking of buying one, please be aware!

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
I have the MXRevolution, downloaded updated setpoint drivers and my PC refused to boot, managed to get it into safe mode eventually and uninstalled the driver. PC booted, still haven't installed the setpoint stuff but still using the mouse, shame really cause i quite like some of the features the revolution has.

The original install of setpoint from the CD that came with the mouse seemed to work ok, i may just install it from there again!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Mine didnt come with a CD, just said download from here xxx

Utter tripe tbh !

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Ive never had problems with setpoint. works a dream with my MX518.

If you muck about with the settings does it make a difference? Like the game detection and acceleration etc

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I never noticed the cpu usage, but I used to get quite a few "this program is not responding" when I was using setpoint.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I never noticed the cpu usage, but I used to get quite a few "this program is not responding" when I was using setpoint.

Thats the issue ! Dys yeah Ive tries loads of things :(

Poag

m00?
I have a G5 or G7 mouse..forget whihc..has the battery packs.

Anyway setpoint gives an error every 5 or 6th boot saying "Setpoint has encountered an error and must be reinstalled" simply starting the software again worked fine.

But tbh i used it for 6 months wihtout any software installed and it was still great.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I think you all should get Windows Vista. That will fix the setpoint errors...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
let me guess dys, no version of setpoint for vista yet?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Perfectly if you like constant warnings about your 'CRITICAL LOW BATTERY' levels.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I am using Setpoint with my G5 and never had a problem with it - had it mebbe 2-3 mnths now - think I installed it via disc that came with the mouse (cant remember for sure). Works a treat - think the only time I have had an issue was changing the sensitivity on the fly as a game was booting up (think bf 2142) and it seemed to crash the game once or twice - but only an issue when the game was booting up not booted up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom