Logitech MX-510 optical mouse

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/GB/EN,CRID=3,CONTENTID=7982

Ive just bought one of these and Im impressed with it so far. It's extremely sensitive due to its 800 dpi sensor and this offers clear precise control of the cursor that should translate into better snap shots in games. It feels as sensitive as my old Razor Boomslang 2000 despite the lower quoted dpi, but unlike that mouse its very comfortable to hold.

The scroll buttons either side of the scroll wheel are a nice touch but I think they are a bit awkward for gaming purposes, though the thumb side buttons have a good positive feel. There is an additional button that can be used to swop between active programs and although I appear to be able to select these from a pop up window it doesnt seem to swop between them. The manual doesnt really say what to do either but maybe Im being thick.

Anyway I thought Id write a little review with my early impressions if anyone is considering buying a mouse. This isnt too expensive £39 and is aimed so the packaging says at high performance users/gamers.

Ardrias

Fledgling Freddie
Make them release an equivalent cordless and there shall be much rejoicing.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I got one of these a couple of days ago myself, still getting used to it really. The optical sensor is further back than it was in the old mouse, so it has a very different feel for now. You don't need to pay £39 though if you shop around.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Looks nice, i have the MX500 and the matching black internet keyboard and i'm very impressed with the build quality of both and especially how good the MX500 is for gaming.

G

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
When I bought mine it was huge in comparision to me old iFeel mouse (still is) and took a little getting used to. The buttons are nicely placed (with the exception of the top thumb button and the one above the wheel, which feels fiddly to get to) and it's comfy, can use it for hours without any discomfort.

It's also blue & spangly.

Which is nice.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I got a Razer Viper and I'm finding it doesn't 'read' when I move the mouse too fast. What a shit mouse. It's meant to be an gaming mouse or summat.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
A couple of weeks ago I snapped up a fairly good deal. A Logitech bluetooth mouse and keyboard for 90 quid from komplett.co.uk. The mouse is the mx-900 and it's bloody great so far. :)

Clown

Part of the furniture
I just bought the MX-510 yesterday night after my Razer Viper took the piss and wouldn't let me turn around in games... USB mice are bollocks. Anyway it was 30 quid from www.overclockers.co.uk.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Use a PS2 adapter? The 510 is USB too, with a PS2 adapter.

Clown

Part of the furniture
The Viper wont work like this. Dunno why.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I bought one of these about a week ago and I love it. Fantastic mouse and you can turn off acceleration for games...

Clown

Part of the furniture
I'd like them to make one a little bit smaller. In the shape of the Viper or the older Logitechs.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I wanted a smaller one at first too, I came from a bog standard logitech optical. After a few days it soon becomes natural and very very comfortable, give it time.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I'm asking you what keyboard you got, you fucking ape.

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Obviously a Logitech keyboard of some description.

I have a microsoft bluetooth keyboard that works quite well with games.
I still have the microsoft bluetooth mouse but its always gettin dropped and isnt too good for FPS so I bought this one instead.

EvilMonkeh

Fledgling Freddie
argh i wants a new mouse but im not sure if i should spend 50notes on a nice logitech wireless one.....
arghghh!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I got the Logitech Click! Mouse (think it's the one below the MX-510) a while back haven't had a single complaint. Feels great and doesn't randomly reposition itself like my old Intellimouse w/ Intellieye used to. Overall - teh win.

EvilMonkeh

Fledgling Freddie
right ive just invested in a mx700, just waiting for the post man now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom