login poll

Outlander

Part of the furniture
just got a login poll survey type thing asking me what I wanted as next expansion in daoc, one of the options reffering to upgrading darkness rising.

Seeing as I do not yet have darkness rising and it aint on euro servers yet I fail to see the point in asking the euro community about it at this time.

I just opted for the usual improve NF option.

Anyone else get this?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Outlander said:
just got a login poll survey type thing asking me what I wanted as next expansion in daoc, one of the options reffering to upgrading darkness rising.

Seeing as I do not yet have darkness rising and it aint on euro servers yet I fail to see the point in asking the euro community about it at this time.

I just opted for the usual improve NF option.

Anyone else get this?

i went for SI option as i liked that one

:m00:

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
You don't need to have played DR yet to answer the poll. It isn't asking whether you liked the expansion but rather what sort of expansion you would like. If you'd like to see more high level instances and character customisatin options then vote for the 'DR' option. If you want more epic level PvE then vote for the 'ToA' option etc. The options are explained in terms of existing expansions to help you understand the choice a little better.

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
How about, Stop adding crap to the game and fix the annoying bugs option.

I went for improving NF since i dont want anymore OP classes added or to put up with the long grind through new Pve areas such as ToA.

IainC

Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Same though I would mostly prefer them doing a total craftingoverhaul :)
Fefner said:
How about, Stop adding crap to the game and fix the annoying bugs option.
That was what the last couple of polls were about. This poll is about the next expansion. Expansions are about content not fixes.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
I will vote NF if the poll is still up when I get home.

Daoc needs another RvR expansion imo. Most of the content addition seems to be pve related really.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
pretty hard to choose from these options..

voted si, but what i really would like is class balancing(total redo of rr5s for example :p), make sieges more fun, and some fun..(events, new classes[NOT OVERPOWERED **** like wls/bainshees.. a lot more like heretic, vampiirs, some fun chars])

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Not checked myself yet but I'm kinda hoping there's an improve the GUI option. This has gotta be the most dated and annoying part of the game really, ya know, control wise. :)

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I was tempted to vote SI, new classes and races *could* be good fun and add more variety to gameplay but then I realised they'd probably be as stupidly OP as 3/5 of the cata classes were. So I voted for the NF option, I'd be quite happy with a complete RvR overhaul, 90% of the time the action is far too confined IMO and I'd like a new system that encouraged it to be spread out across far more of the frontiers - more variety, fewer adds, etc.

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
That was what the last couple of polls were about. This poll is about the next expansion. Expansions are about content not fixes.

Expansions are still adding more to the game, the game does not need any more expansions although the rvr could do with some more love.

TBH them polls did nothing that ppl wanted, yes ToA is easier now, or will be, but alot of ppl asked to fix the currant rvr and make it more fair, all ive seen is that some classes have been made more OP than what they should of been and the "Over powered" classes have yet to be touched.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
one thing i thought to nerf WL is to cut their range, if they had same range as sayt mincer DD, then at least it will be more challenging and less of "oo theres enemy lets press 1, dead"

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Voted 'Other'. But since you give no input option you'll not likely ever find out what people want.

I want the crafting system looked at, but don't get that option. :p

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Think people just need to learn to live with the fact that Warlocks are a broken class that cannot be fixed without a complete redesign - which will never, ever ever ever happen for the same reasons a third stealth class won't be added for Mid and Hib, and why they'll never swap stun for root on Hib casters. It would alter the fundamental aspects of that part of the game, and Mythic have said before they won't make a change like that. :twak:

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Voted for NF as adding more PvE or more Classes would kill the game even more (imo).
Though I am all for adding more races(sp?) with different starting stats and looks etc but no more new classes.

IainC

Tesla Monkor said:
Voted 'Other'. But since you give no input option you'll not likely ever find out what people want.

I want the crafting system looked at, but don't get that option. :p
Once again. Crafting changes won't happen in an expansion. If it happens it'll be in a general content patch rather than a retail expansion. The polls about which parts of the game you want Mythic to concentrate on fixing have already been and gone.
This poll is all about what sort of flavour you want the next retail expansion to have. Class balancing, bug fixes, overhauls to basic systems aren't the sort of thing that Mythic will charge you for.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Voted NF.

A complete crafting overhaul would be great, but i'm not sure how you'd do it fairly, and as such there's almost every chance they'd get it wrong.

How about adding a 4th realm, not one you can select at the character selection but a npc one existing in instances. Get a group together and you get an rvr mission in an instance to attack the 4th realm. The catch being that other realms could also get missions sending them to the same instance.

So mid group A gets a mission to take a tower controlled by the 4th realm.
Hib group B gets a mission to take the same tower 10 mins later, ports into the instance and the 2 groups can fight it out to see who can take the tower first.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
overhauls to basic systems aren't the sort of thing that Mythic will charge you for.

The reason for this is obvious. The expansions have to appear to be options that you don't have to own. If they redid the crafting in an expansion, people without the expansion would be unable to craft.
This would mean they would almost certainly have to leave the old crafting options in there somehow, and since any overhaul would probably make it more work, people would just use the old system anyway.

Doesn't sound too profitable to me :p

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Rvr is fine, apart from the op classes and high realm rank > lowrealm rank(whats the fun getting run over by the same rr10 group every night?)

No new areas, a lot of players dont even bother with the old ones now, like Classic and most of SI

No more character powering, ToA is a prime example of this with cap increases and ml abilities, Champion Levels will just make them stupid

No more high end stuff, half the stuff in SI hasnt even been touched for years

Levelling is stupidly easy now anyway, so no more of that ;)

Personally, a craft overhaul would do me

Or even better, start DAoC afresh, that way most people are on the same level, ie all about the same realm rank, no ToA, Catacombs etc

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
If we vote rvr, will they make a New NF that we'll have to pay for then? So new players can't go rvr unless they buy newest expansions?

Will this New NF be even laggyer than the current one? (even more detailed keeps, towers, bridges, milegates, siege etc - producing lag)

If they make a new SI-like expansion would be fun if the new classes brought something good for rvr instead of something bad (OP magic). Atleast if they have to make something OP/revolutionary, make tanks with Anti-Magic that are immune to chambers and lifetap etc to neutralize the warlocks, sorcs etc - Caster-killers that are weak to melee maybe (for balance).

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I'm quite willing to PAY for a better crafting system, though.

The game doesn't need more RVR zones, more PVE zones. It might get more quests in the existing zones, but really, there's not enough population to need more landmass still. :)

Outlander

Part of the furniture
new races would be nice I supose, but not so sure on new classes after the cata characters fiasco :twak:

If there were new characters however then imo NO MORE CASTERS :p only introduce some more tank classes. Reason is that game is so biased towards casters and much of the whines about them will not result in any changes anytime soon anyways, so why not give realms another tank or so each instead :D

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
i went for the SI option, would like to see if they could add some more races/classes to the game without unbalancing it too much :)

tho the best thing would be to stop expansions and make a DAoC 2....imo atleast

GReaper

Part of the furniture
If they add stuff, just don't piss off the playerbase!

If new classes are introduced, please don't make them stupidly overpowered. I don't mind powerful - but I don't want instakill noob classes.
If new items are added, don't give them the latest wtfpwn ability to force everyone to redo their templates. A few useful high utility items would be nice though.
If new abilities are introduced, don't add too many of them or make them as "I win" buttons. Maybe a single powerful ability, but be careful how it changes the usefulness of a class.

I voted for Shrouded Isles, as it seemed to follow most of what I've listed above. :p

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
I voted for DR and character costumation. Becouse i want to make my chars better.. I dont want to make many chars.. If you know what i mean;p

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:

Well i think an entirely new crafting systm would need to be a part of an expansion not only a fix. Givf better crafting in the expansion after DR .
"Dark age of craft-a-lot!" Crafting is the only thing in the game witch realy need improvment imo. Maybe a couple of new craftlines and most importantly , make it a little more innteresting then watching a green bar and then a "pling"

Went for Foundation :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom