logging on to US servers

Maxer

Fledgling Freddie
Is it only me that having problem logging on to US servers
after they fixed with them?

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I am too. And I'm guessing everyone else is.

I get to the server list, connect to my server, get a "Connected" message.. and then nothing...

Annoying really. Been waiting for these to come up for nearly 2 hours now! :mad:

edit: now I can't seem to even log in at all.

Shailaa

Loyal Freddie
No, having problems myself.
My problem is that afdter i typ in my username and pass it takes ages for the authentication, handshaking etc, gotten as far as trying to retrive my character list, then i get disconnected.

EDIT: RAAA, got in now :) I just tried and reconnect all the time (im guessing thats what ppl are trying to do, thus rearending the poor login server

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
Shailaa said:
No, having problems myself.
My problem is that afdter i typ in my username and pass it takes ages for the authentication, handshaking etc, gotten as far as trying to retrive my character list, then i get disconnected.

EDIT: RAAA, got in now :) I just tried and reconnect all the time (im guessing thats what ppl are trying to do, thus rearending the poor login server

hehe k,
well I got as far as the select server screen just now.

Guess Il mash the button till I get in from now on ^^

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
22nd was very laggy today, sometimes 10+ second spikes, very annoying.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, get that all the time on 4. The game is so great that it doesn't annoy me too much though.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
this happened in closed beta about a month ago i think? u log in and it takes about 10 - 20 mins to show your chrs and then maybe more to get in.. it works eventualy just dont dare try and make a chr :p go out side and come back l8r imho

ReaLX

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
this is bs ;/
No, this is a FREE OPEN beta fase... this stuff happends when u open up one of the most anticipated MMORPG's to EVERYONE...

Aada

Part of the furniture
Realx shut the fuck up you moron jesus its open beta that pretty much means what is on the server goes on the GOLD disk.. jesus fuck off

Eroa

Banned
Its a router in NY that is completly fucked up, guess they didnt except the zerg of 100.000 to start hammering it all the sudden over night. I find it amasing that people actualy can stay ingame and do things considering its not even possible to ping the servers IP nr cause the router in NY is completly fucked up. If you just wanna run around and kill some and avoid lag you can just stop picking loot will reduce the lag alot, tried it myself yesterday and it worked pretty flawless for some time, each time I tried to pick loot it froze up for me.

ReaLX

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
Realx shut the fuck up you moron jesus its open beta that pretty much means what is on the server goes on the GOLD disk.. jesus fuck off

omg... You really have to be an arse, whenever someone criticizes you?

YOU ARE NOT PAYING ANY MONEY, THUS YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BITCH ABOUT THEIR SERVICES...

And please think before you type; it's not what is on the server that goes gold, it's only what is sitting on your pc in your local WoW folder that goes on the gold disk. You are only whining about the service they are giving you for free.

Is it really that hard to come to the conlcusion servers will go tits up when player numbers up to 10x the servers can handle will try to connect to them?

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
What Aada means is the following :

An MMORPG this late in development is to a large extent what you'll get on release day. If it's now laggy till the point of being unplayable it probably won't be much better on release day. This is not some guessing, this is something we've found out from previous betas.

Blizzard still have 11 days to fix this, but it's still a very short time. I'm not in beta myself but from what I hear I think this just won't be fixed overnight.

One big plus for us : by the time it's released in Europe such problems will probably be gone :m00:

Aada

Part of the furniture
ReaLX said:
omg... You really have to be an arse, whenever someone criticizes you?

YOU ARE NOT PAYING ANY MONEY, THUS YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BITCH ABOUT THEIR SERVICES...

And please think before you type; it's not what is on the server that goes gold, it's only what is sitting on your pc in your local WoW folder that goes on the gold disk. You are only whining about the service they are giving you for free.

Is it really that hard to come to the conlcusion servers will go tits up when player numbers up to 10x the servers can handle will try to connect to them?

Im not paying money? i paid £8 to fileplanet.. next?

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
Aada said:
If you did that - your an idiot who has no patience.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Cool im an idiot because i had the money to pay £8? good logic.. fool

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Aada you paid £8 to get into the CLOSED beta, you did NOT pay any money to get into the open beta, same as everyone else.

I too signed up with FliePlanet, and as much as 95% of the game may be the same as what goes out now, there's a good chance Blizzard have learnt a lot about the servers recently and will need to upgrade hardware.

In a free beta, you have to be patient I'm afraid.

Asharith

Loyal Freddie
I paid 8$ aswell.. and you earn that in like 30 mins time. You get 1 week more of beta a superior download (filleplanet 400kb/s ) some more goodies i wanted to DL from fileplanet and you are sure you get into open beta without haveing to check there webbie all the time. Money well spend imo. And people who say it isnt just may be morons themselves... :m00:

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Doesn't give anyone the right to slag off Blizzard during beta phases of the game though. They have every right to switch any servers on and off as the want to even without notice, after all we're only supposed to be TESTING the game for them, we're not actually playing for free here.

A lot of people seem to get confused with this issue and exactly what their role is in the beta. I hope you've all submitted bug reports and issues to Blizzard ^^

ReaLX

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:

Wow, you just made yourself look even dumber than before...

The 8 bucks are for the fileplanet account, which means you get access to a couple of member-only services from fileplanet, one of which is the WoW closed beta. However, you DID NOT pay for the WoW beta itself.

stop asking for more, you make it too easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom