Lock ups

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone else getting lock ups since the new patch ?

So far I've locked up leaving altdorf,flying from avelorn and about 5 times going into Tor scenario,not CTDs the game just locks up and I have to crtl+alt+del and close it down.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Same here every time i /log or /quit or fly into a new zone it hangs ;/

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Hangs really, really badly anytime i zone. Getting really tired of the bugs - might be time to take a few weeks off and get a copy of Fallout tomorrow! :)

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Same things as the others, lock ups on zone change and log out.

Faya

DARKDANCER

Fledgling Freddie
guess they didnt implement the hot fix that they did on the US servers after it bugged out on them after 1.04.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Update on war Europe and just after last hang when i restarted i had a small download

The paint is still wet on patch 1.0.4 and we've run a number of hotfixes already. The important points that will affect players are as follows:

Some players were experiencing an issue that caused their client to lock up from time to time or to take an extremely long time to log out, this has been fixed.
A bug that meant only the lead group in a Warband would receive the tome unlock for killing the Lord boss in the Witching Night Public Quests has been fixed. All groups in the warband should now properly receive credit.

Please remember to check the news regularly for the latest information about recent fixes

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
This has now been hotfixed. As always, any feedback on post-fix performance is always welcome!

Cheers,
Magnus

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Wonderful. I've had few odd scenario load times and just now had a bsod which hasn't happened since early release.

Hopefully it was this problem that's now hotfixed.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
As much as I hate to say anything nice about Vista, I've found the WAR client to be more stable running on that since I switched machines. I've also found that Vista is better able to get around the more annoying bugs when there are updates, such as the way the WAR client completely locks up while your firewall asks if its ok to let the new version of the program through.

There's still some polishing to be done though; the first 30 seconds of opening the WAR client are not an excercise in super-slickness. Lose the 'falling down' animation and have the characters appear faster. Get rid of the way that the client locks the PC during the handshaking process for better interaction with firewalls etc (a rather dire and obvious throwback to the way the DAoC client used to work) and perhaps make the buttons highlight when you mouse over them to show that the client is responding rather than just dead. Get rid of spurious and endless offers to join another server when you exit the game because you've AFK'd for a while (one is more than sufficient) and make absolutely sure that th EULA no longer locks up when the client is waiting for a firewall prompt.

These things will help with a user's initial game experience and make it more positive.

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
This has now been hotfixed. As always, any feedback on post-fix performance is always welcome!

Cheers,
Magnus

M8 that is BS, happend several times today with the ppl in group and also 50% when they hit the assist macro key "lock up"

YOU guys are sitting on a ship wreck, hope you have your tubes with you cause im near future you are about to go swimming

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom