Rant Local or British Food

superman89

Fledgling Freddie
This country is too dear.

The supermarkets will always buy the cheapest to pass on the saving (sometimes) to the consumer and thus staying competitive.

Don't blame the players (supermarkets), blame the game (government).

I totally agree with you!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Marks and Spencers label their produce according to origin - its very very easy to see where fresh food comes from.

Really, if you want to support local businesses, stop shopping at supermarkets.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
We have a Waitrose so we're pretty lucky in that there's always a very healthy selection of locally produced food. Plus, we're in a small market town so we have local butchers (including a farmer butcher) and a local slaughterhouse so the meat doesn't travel far.

I do shop at Sainsburys online for my big once monthly shop, but my everyday stuff comes from the local shops in town and from the farm shop down the road when I get the chance to get out there.

Some supermarkets are better than others, Waitrose is one of the good guys but don't get me started on Tesco and what it did to dairy farmers just a few years ago.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Zzzzzzzz, another Daily Mail reader whine.

Yes, how dare you support your local farmers! You should feel ashamed that you aren't propping up the poor little foreign people! They are starving you see, they are forced to export all their food and this is how you show your gratitude by refusing to buy their inferior trash!

Or not.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Always buy local if I can, meat, dairy products and veg. Obviously if you want something a little more exotic then there is no choice but to buy from the supermarket.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
We have a Waitrose so we're pretty lucky in that there's always a very healthy selection of locally produced food. Plus, we're in a small market town so we have local butchers (including a farmer butcher) and a local slaughterhouse so the meat doesn't travel far.

Waitrose winz! apart from price.. but then you get what you pay for, I would go to the local butchers, Grocers, Bakers, etc.. But! we don't have any left... And getting in the car to drive to the farm shop or down to the next village is a bit time consuming when Waitrose is a few mins walking distance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom