Local Cable..?

O

old.DrFaust

Can anyone gimmie a hand?

I'm looking for a cable company in Aberdeen as NTL dont seem to supply it in my area and i would prefer Cable to ADSL at the moment.

Cheers!

E

Embattle

Either NTL/Telewest tend to be the biggest two and if you can't get either then you can't get cable :)

O

old.DrFaust

bloddy hell - that was quick!!

I only posted it about a minute ago! :D

You dont happen to live in Aberdeen do you? As some local insight would be nice instead of a generalisation :)

There are sometimes a local unheard of nationally, company that supply it in local areas.

C

Ch3tan

Well its pretty easy if u cannot get cable tv in your area then u cannot get cable internet.

If you dont know of anyone in your area with cable and do not know of a company there i would say u cant get it.

W

Will

Aberdeen Cable Services Ltd
Holburn House, 475-485 Union Street, Aberdeen, AB11 6DB
01224 454000

This is your local cable company. I don't know if they provide cable modems, as they are probably a small company - give them a call and find out.

O

old.DrFaust

Thank you! :D

Nicer than the MPUK forums... :)

M

Mr_Horus

Isnt the local ISP called 'Sheepnet' or something? :)

E

Embattle

No theres two...the first is sheep the second is shagger ;)

W

Will

What do you call 2 sheep chained to a lamppost?

Aberdeen Leisure Centre

sorry Aberdonians, but you must be used to this by now ;)

O

old.DrFaust

Hmm..

Sorry lads, cant help you there. I dont live there! :)

M

Mr_Horus

Heh yus. Scotland looks down upon Aberdeen, England looks down upon Scotland, and the rest of the world looks down upon England.

Its great being near the bottom. :)

W

Will

Nah, Scot's look down on England. When we can't find an Englishman, an Aberdonian will do.

M

Mr_Horus

Yeah that too. But generally there are plenty of Englishmen. And if we cant find an Englishman or an Aberdonian, we can always look down upon Fifers :)

M

Mr_Horus

Or poor sods on the shetland islands. They cant reply cos they dont have phonelines up there, let alone broadband :D

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Horus^
Or poor sods on the shetland islands. They cant reply cos they dont have phonelines up there, let alone broadband :D

Do they have running water yet?

O

old.DrFaust

Well, this guy that i'm trying to find cable for used to live in London but the job made him move to Aberdeen. He says it's nice :p

He hasn't seen many sheep.. Not been to Wales recently.. (ooh yey! Now lets have an English -Vs- Welsh post. :))

W

Will

On Shetland they do have running water.

But broadband - I can't really see it ever happening.

E

Embattle

Originally posted by DrFaust
(ooh yey! Now lets have an English -Vs- Welsh post. :))

No need....England is much better :p

M

Mr_Horus

Nnah, Scotland 0wns all.
England is just a nation of imperialistic bastards who opress everyone else :)

W

Will

The monitors you are all reading these posts on - based on the invention of John Logie Baird (Scottish). The phone line your internet connection uses, invented by Alexander Graham Bell (Scottish).

0wned :p

W

Will

It's all based on telephone technology, except maybe cable modems, which are based on the technology of an American couple called Bob and Betsy Magnesson.

I am the font of all knowledge, and I'm Scottish.

O

old.DrFaust

[popular beer adver] STOP! [/popular beer advert]

I thought this was supposed to be an English -Vs- Welsh post?

E

Embattle

Originally posted by ItchyTrigaFinga
The monitors you are all reading these posts on - based on the invention of John Logie Baird (Scottish). The phone line your internet connection uses, invented by Alexander Graham Bell (Scottish).

0wned :p

Wow two inventions, Congratulations :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom