Living here, playing there, hating lag :(

Kyra

Longtime Songbird
So after many nights of frustration with rvr, I have determined it is damn well near impossible for me to play a scenario, or a keep raid, or hmm anything that involves more than 6 people in my general area/zone. :( I am wondering, anyone else stateside playing on the euro servers? How bad is it for you? Oh and those of you playing on our US servers, how is your lag?

Now, I knew what I was getting into, but somehow I hoped with the other-game-that-shan't-be-named technology out there, that lag wouldn't be too bad. My husband had suggested that even if I were to have a 4g machine, there is not guarantee that this would fix things, which makes me a sad panda :(

So for now, if you see me in a scenario, you know why I apparently do nothing but watch you die and then cast heals like a madwoman on your dead body. I promise, its not a necrophilia thing. ;)

Just for the hell of it, I did a trace route the other night. It takes 17 hops to get to your server, 10 of them being on my end. Playing from the northwest is bad... very bad. It hops from Oregon, up to Seattle, then to Dallas and sits there, has tea with a drag queen and then hops on over to Atlanta before swimming over to your servers. Didn't know internet connections did that sort of thing, did you?

Anyway, I"ll continue playing when its not quite so busy server wise, and one day...maybe one day...I'll get to enjoy a keep raid without a slide show :p

p.s. for anyone interested in details, playing on the other half's computer which is not a 4g rig with vista, but is still screaming fast when I play left for dead or his warhammer (us) account. In fact it even handled aoc rather nicely with the effects turned all the way up, so its just the internet jumps, despite the fact I have Fios.

Ok I'll stop bitching now, just had to share my frustration... please feel free to go back to whatever it was you were doing. ( :drink: ) ;)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
So after many nights of frustration with rvr, I have determined it is damn well near impossible for me to play a scenario, or a keep raid, or hmm anything that involves more than 6 people in my general area/zone. :( I am wondering, anyone else stateside playing on the euro servers? How bad is it for you? Oh and those of you playing on our US servers, how is your lag?

Now, I knew what I was getting into, but somehow I hoped with the other-game-that-shan't-be-named technology out there, that lag wouldn't be too bad. My husband had suggested that even if I were to have a 4g machine, there is not guarantee that this would fix things, which makes me a sad panda :(

So for now, if you see me in a scenario, you know why I apparently do nothing but watch you die and then cast heals like a madwoman on your dead body. I promise, its not a necrophilia thing. ;)

Just for the hell of it, I did a trace route the other night. It takes 17 hops to get to your server, 10 of them being on my end. Playing from the northwest is bad... very bad. It hops from Oregon, up to Seattle, then to Dallas and sits there, has tea with a drag queen and then hops on over to Atlanta before swimming over to your servers. Didn't know internet connections did that sort of thing, did you?

Anyway, I"ll continue playing when its not quite so busy server wise, and one day...maybe one day...I'll get to enjoy a keep raid without a slide show :p

p.s. for anyone interested in details, playing on the other half's computer which is not a 4g rig with vista, but is still screaming fast when I play left for dead or his warhammer (us) account. In fact it even handled aoc rather nicely with the effects turned all the way up, so its just the internet jumps, despite the fact I have Fios.

Ok I'll stop bitching now, just had to share my frustration... please feel free to go back to whatever it was you were doing. ( :drink: ) ;)

Uhm can you post that traceroute?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I Play from Dubai (close to 4k miles from servers) with a ping of around 160-200 mS and I have no problems in Scenes. I have CTD a few times in mass ORVR. In general if the ping is above 500 mS I've found it impossible to play any online game. Just one giant lag fest.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I play on US servers, no lag issues for me. Are you sure it's not your ISP at fault though? On Eve and Tabula Rasa I had hideous lag, turned out to be Tiscali at fault, on IDNET now and never have a hint of it. Lag wasn't an issue for me on EU WAR servers either though.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I play on US servers, no lag issues for me. Are you sure it's not your ISP at fault though? On Eve and Tabula Rasa I had hideous lag, turned out to be Tiscali at fault, on IDNET now and never have a hint of it. Lag wasn't an issue for me on EU WAR servers either though.

IDnet are awesome, changed over to them when I had hideous problems with a string of ISP's and their foreign call centres and tech support thats read of an A4 laminated card.

Just moved house and they stumped-up for the connection charges as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom