Football Liverpool

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
liege were the better team over both legs :(

Golena

Fledgling Freddie

Means nothing if you can't convert the chances..

I was nervous as fook during the match. United last season got where they got by picking up results in games they got outplayed in however so the fact that the results are going our way is promising even tho we arn't playing well at the moment.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
I'm not a liege fan but fuck liverpool was lucky.

ah well.. its better for us.. prefer a big team in the CL than a small one..

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I've never wanted any team to win a football match as much as i wanted Standard to win last night :(

Lethul

FH is my second home
Liverpool really need some decent wingers :( First proper cross of the game in minute 118 and its a goal :(

Everyone sees it, why can't Benitez?

18m£ for Keane? Rofl

kiliarien

Part of the furniture

All that Leige lacked was belief. They outplayed Liverpool but never really believed it themselves that they could beat them. Which was a shame, still from an english perspective nice to have all 4 in again :england:

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
I'm a loyal Liege fan and well...
Nothing to be ashamed of (not like Liverpool imo) only the ability to finish of our chances. The one thing we need is someone solid to play with Mbokani in the front. Jovanovic and De Camargo aint bad but a real killer-instinct isn't present. Anyhow we have the better team in Belgium due to our better trainingschool. Our midfield is an average 20 years old!! Hopefully we can keep it up for years :)

Hope u enjoyed the show ;)

PS Last year we had Saint Petersburg in the qualifications of the Uefa cup, our luck...

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
I'm a loyal Liege fan and well...
Nothing to be ashamed of (not like Liverpool imo) only the ability to finish of our chances. The one thing we need is someone solid to play with Mbokani in the front. Jovanovic and De Camargo aint bad but a real killer-instinct isn't present. Anyhow we have the better team in Belgium due to our better trainingschool. Our midfield is an average 20 years old!! Hopefully we can keep it up for years :)

Hope u enjoyed the show ;)

PS Last year we had Saint Petersburg in the qualifications of the Uefa cup, our luck...

As I said it was belief. I don't even think it was your finishing that was the problem, when you pressured the Liverpool midfield they didn't like it but for the whole of extra time there was a 'sit back' attitude which was your fatal flaw because you never got forward to take on a team that for all their quality were total shit on the night.

Still, as you say, encouraging for a young team.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Yeah they are a young team and believe me after 90 minutes most of them were really tired.. alot more than the liverpool players.. since they are older, stronger and more experienced..

ah well, its liverpool.. they mostly win like this.. undeserved that is ;)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
hihi,
Aab are so gonna pwn Man.U!!!
(wishes he could buy into that himself)
ah sod it, delusions ftw!

AaB will take the cup!!!

weeee....!!!

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't manage to see it, but it sounded like Liverpool were pulling a bit of a Bolton.

In the whole Champs League thing, I'm quite up for an English team not to win it, and have no big four claim the CL cash spots. It's about time teams like Villa, Newcastle, Pompey(doesn't look like it so far) and City start pushing on up the table and trying to break into the CL spots.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
M.city were very very lucky to even beat Fc.Midtjylland on penalties
after a late own-goal equalizer.
basicly really tough luck for FcM, they were the better team over the two games

I dont see them posing much of a threat to any of the bigger CL teams

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I didn't manage to see it, but it sounded like Liverpool were pulling a bit of a Bolton.

In the whole Champs League thing, I'm quite up for an English team not to win it, and have no big four claim the CL cash spots. It's about time teams like Villa, Newcastle, Pompey(doesn't look like it so far) and City start pushing on up the table and trying to break into the CL spots.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*breathes*

That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. All leagues across Europe are dominated by one or two teams, the fact we have four actually makes it more competitive. But there is no chance of the clubs you mentioned pushing for a CL spot, 5th place is the highest they can hope to challenge.

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
We were utter ball bags against Liege, they were the better team by far. Its irritating watching players like Benayoun, Aurelio and Arbeloa representing Liverpool. These are crap players and we are not going to get anywhere by buying crap players. Not in a million years would Arsenal, Man Utd or Chelsea even consider buying players like this, so why did we waste a total of ~12 million on them. I fear Riera is going to be the same, i hope i am wrong, but he was shit when was on loan with Man City.

Not too concerned about losing Gerrard for ten days if Mascherano is back, we have missed him a lot. Hope Benetiz grows a pair and plays Babel down the left in coming games. He is more hit and miss, but atleast he will run at people where as Benayoun and Kuyt just cut inside and lose the ball.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
So Liege ends up in the bowl for 1e round in Uefa cup. And who do we draw... Everton. Come and cheer us on ;)

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. All leagues across Europe are dominated by one or two teams, the fact we have four actually makes it more competitive. But there is no chance of the clubs you mentioned pushing for a CL spot, 5th place is the highest they can hope to challenge.

Why is it funny? I'm all for English teams getting into the CL spots and having a successful run, but I'd like to see some other English teams in there, is that a problem?

I didn't say they would, I just would like to see them get in there. Get the competition at the top hotting up a bit and having like last season Liverpool possibly slipping and Everton taking over, but it didn't happen.

I assume you are a big 4 supporter, not that it is of great relevance but your blunt reply leads me to believe it.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
So Liege ends up in the bowl for 1e round in Uefa cup. And who do we draw... Everton. Come and cheer us on ;)

Typical belgian luck.. fingers crossed but it will be really difficult..

Lethul

FH is my second home

If any it's any team i think it will be Tottenham

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Why is it funny? I'm all for English teams getting into the CL spots and having a successful run, but I'd like to see some other English teams in there, is that a problem?

I didn't say they would, I just would like to see them get in there. Get the competition at the top hotting up a bit and having like last season Liverpool possibly slipping and Everton taking over, but it didn't happen.

I assume you are a big 4 supporter, not that it is of great relevance but your blunt reply leads me to believe it.

Look at what happened the last time someone out of the big four made it there. Everton did not even get to the group stages.

The other teams are not ready for the champs league, and I do not see any of them making it for a good 4 or 5 seasons. It is funny as it is day dreaming, it just is not going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom