Liverpool - City of Culture 2008

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Someone in Europe must have a terrific sense of sarcasm to have awarded it to Scouseland.

Arigt ther laa. Ya see dat ther Monet paintin like? I culd dew betta than that like, go on laa giz a job!

Coming next, London - City of Vultures 2010?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Anfield Trophy room:

LiverpoolTrophyRoom_sm.jpg

Marc

FH is my second home
Any city that has the Cavern in it deserves to be city of culture :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Any city that has the Cavern in it deserves to be city of culture :D

The Cavern was demolished, the new one is a cheap knockoff designed to fleece tourists!

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
The Beatles are the most over rated band in history anyway. So if you remove them, what culture does Liverpool have if any? oh forgot.. scousers are all comedians too... bollocks. name a funny scouser.

was a disgrace when liverpool won against newcastle and gateshead... once again the scousers stole something.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Someone in Europe must have a terrific sense of sarcasm to have awarded it to Scouseland.

Arigt ther laa. Ya see dat ther Monet paintin like? I culd dew betta than that like, go on laa giz a job!

Coming next, London - City of Vultures 2010?

sorry? Just out of curiosity, have you ever been to liverpool? they certainly dont talk like that, i think you've got scouse mixed up with charvas

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
sorry? Just out of curiosity, have you ever been to liverpool? they certainly dont talk like that, i think you've got scouse mixed up with charvas

somehow i dont think so lol....

how can u get scousers mixed up with chavs? same damn thing.

Liverpool is the Chavipal city.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Yes of course I have been there, infact I used to go there on a weekly basis as part of my job before my back problems flared up. As for the accent, it is a 'comedy' scouse accent and was wrote that way to take the piss, not to be an accurate representation of the scouse dialect.

Marc

FH is my second home
The Cavern was demolished, the new one is a cheap knockoff designed to fleece tourists!

I never knew this! When was it demolished? Last time I went was when I had to go and get a passport, mmm bout 99

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Actually as a Liverpudlian myself I can see that is quite an accurate description of the scouse language.

There are two distinct types of scouser

1:The whining smackhead
Arr ehh mateth, cud yer borra us qawid.
2:The cocky twat
Ow fast dus dat go lad? Me brovers got one of dem, but is iz betta dan urs.
Giz us a go. Ah looke ad im, he gorra weed on, it's aright la were not gonna rob it.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
call me odd but i quite like the scouse accent... tbh i actually like all of the UKs accents, and tbh you should here the dorset one tis a roit faaaarmer way o tawkin 'at iiiis, got awl the words awl streeeetched owt loike.

i think they make the place more interesting, however te city of liverpool its self i cant comment on because i have not been there... tbh no offence i have no inclination to do so but thats just because i'm not really in to big cities.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The Birmingham accent's GOT to be the ugliest in the country.

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
I lived in liverpool for a couple of years and I have to say all of the old stereotypes about liverpool are mostly bollox. Its a lovely city with lots of culture and great nightlife. Definately a worthy city of the capital of culture imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom