Live action Akira movie to me made

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yep, a real akira movie to made of the classic manga "Akira" which was released in 1988.

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | DiCaprio 'to produce anime film'

for those that can't be bothered to click links see below.

DiCaprio 'to produce anime film'

Leonardo DiCaprio will produce through his company Appian Way
Leonardo DiCaprio is to produce a live-action version of anime classic Akira, according to Hollywood Reporter.
The 1988 Japanese film was considered to be a groundbreaking piece of animation, co-written and directed by Katsuhiro Otomo.

It is set in 2019 in post-nuclear war New Tokyo where a biker gains super powers after being subjected to experiments.

Warner Bros is aiming for a release in 2009, it is reported.

Unlike the original, the new movie will be set in New Manhattan, a city rebuilt with Japanese cash.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
why the sweet monkey christ would anyone want them to do that ? or indeed let them do that ?
bunch of fucking heathens, i will put serious money on it being a big pile of utter wank

:(:(:(

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Up, its going to be "Americanized" its doomed to be shit before its even released... they should just leave classics alone. And I bet anything you want when its finally released all the other movie companies will jump on the band wagon and attempt to remake manga classics.. and fail horribly.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
why the sweet monkey christ would anyone want them to do that ? or indeed let them do that ?
bunch of fucking heathens, i will put serious money on it being a big pile of utter wank

:clap::clap::clap:

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
dont watch it, will it alter your perception of the original anime if you just let this slide past you? like toh said, remakes, yay! dont watch if you dont like the idea - personally i would love to see it

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
dont watch it, will it alter your perception of the original anime if you just let this slide past you? like toh said, remakes, yay! dont watch if you dont like the idea - personally i would love to see it

Hell, now i don't have to post anything /sad-poster-tear

Mey

Part of the furniture
Leonardo DiCaprio can't act, let alone direct one of the most epic anime films to hit the western world.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Leonardo DiCaprio can't act, let alone direct one of the most epic anime films to hit the western world.

Well actually he can act, but he's just not that popular outside his fanclub of sorts. As far as accting goes, there's plenty worse ones around pulling megabucks from Hollywood.

LDC just has a bit of a "pansy" fame as he was a semi-child star really, kinda like, taking someone from Beverly Hills 90210 and putting them in a film. Ofcourse people will go "hmmm".

About making Akira, wlel, couldn't know. Haven't introduced myself into many of his work, if there is any.

and producing has nothing to do with making ti really.

Mey

Part of the furniture
A very valid point I guess, an oversight by myself I must admit.

Hopefully he'll just be the cash machine and a decent director can do it justice!

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
this however is all irrelevant

LIVE ACTION != ANIME

i rest my case, nothing else need be said

:puke:

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
even tho I love anime I was never a fan of Akira
but tbh Leonardo DiCaprio can suck me cock, b4 he does this tbh Americans cannot do anime.

also there should be a BAN on US people trying todo anything like this :p

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
di caprio should be forced to sit thru Guyver and Fist of the North Star before doing this... the live action versions where utter tosh and i cant see anything he does being any different.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Gonna be interesting to watch the special effects :D

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Its gonna get a hollywood dicking, if anyone hasn't got a copy of Akira, get it now before they start making this monstrosity, just so you'll know what its taking the piss out of.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
American cinema has not had a single original thought in 50 years!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
even tho I love anime I was never a fan of Akira
but tbh Leonardo DiCaprio can suck me cock, b4 he does this tbh Americans cannot do anime.

also there should be a BAN on US people trying todo anything like this :p

Agree! but then again as i've already stated soon as this is released american film producers will jump on the band wagon. Money bets on Vampire Hunter D being remade as a shit american movie at some point.

Not to say they did such a bad job with some vampire movies but I highly doubt they can remake VHD successfully.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Agree! but then again as i've already stated soon as this is released american film producers will jump on the band wagon. Money bets on Vampire Hunter D being remade as a shit american movie at some point.

Not to say they did such a bad job with some vampire movies but I highly doubt they can remake VHD successfully.

I think they could very easily do a very good remake of Vampire Hunter D.

I dont think anyone can do a good live action version of Akira.

I think there are a ton of actors who could pull of D.

( Johnny Depp as D would be so sick ).

megadave

I am a FH squatter
This almost brought tears to my eyes :(

There's no way this can or should be done, it will be a complete desecration of epic film.

Unlike the original, the new movie will be set in New Manhattan
FUCKSAKE FUCKING ***** :mad:

Chronictank

FH is my second home
saying di caprio can't act is going a little far tbh, he was awesome in blood diamond

I think it will become very americanised which will be a shame but we shall see
who knows he might pull it off

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Well actually he can act, but he's just not that popular outside his fanclub of sorts. As far as accting goes, there's plenty worse ones around pulling megabucks from Hollywood.

yeah just look at schwarzenegger. the only thing he lives on is "I'l be back!" and looking like he will kill a random passerby at any second. >.<

well thats maybe going a tad to far but he certainly isnt good.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
if you dont like it dont watch it imo.

im interested in seeing what it will come out like, ima big fan of the original, but personally i thought it was a bit too long.
lets hope they make it casshern-esque.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Best way for anyone to watch it is, as i believe it will be done, as a different story.

Honestly though, Akira is a bit overhyped. Great anime, but the story, come on.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well to be fair it was just a matter of time before someone else in america tried to rip it off :p dicraprio now and before it was Kayne West.

YouTube - Kanye West - 2007 - Graduation - Stronger
[youtubevid]Z42PCmaeeEk[/youtubevid]

some of the scenes look familiar!?! I'm still quite confident Vampire Hunter D will be next.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Well to be fair it was just a matter of time before someone else in america tried to rip it off :p dicraprio now and before it was Kayne West.

YouTube - Kanye West - 2007 - Graduation - Stronger
[youtubevid]Z42PCmaeeEk[/youtubevid]

some of the scenes look familiar!?! I'm still quite confident Vampire Hunter D will be next.

:p he said it was based on scenes from Akira
It's no secret he is a fan of anime/manga, i believe he was releasing a manga illustrated by Bill Plympton too

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
:p he said it was based on scenes from Akira
It's no secret he is a fan of anime/manga, i believe he was releasing a manga illustrated by Bill Plympton too

I know that much :p my point was he completely ruined it.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Oh dear, I'm the second biggest Akira fan on the planet,I even bought the wife a t-shirt and she wears it sometimes.
TBH it's not because it will be crap, but because it's been stolen off us and handed to the masses as a pile of worthless junk, like some crack addict
stealing your 1968 Lambretta and selling it to the kids in the park for twenty quid to go scrambling on.
:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom