Litigation Society

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
All because dachshunds are bloody silly dogs, if you ask me :D

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Them's fighting words mister. Dachshunds are by far the best dogs.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Silly little things with legs that are too short and bodies that are too long. Decent dogs are well-proportioned and can reach the post from the letter box without having to borrow a neighbours step-ladder.

If they'd got decent dogs in the first place the guys from safeways wouldn't have any fingers left with which to cause such annoying problems in the first place :D

Tilda

xane said:

This kinda think realy bugs me.
In the "old days" if your son/daughter broke their leg ice skating you'd laugh at them and blame it on bad luck. Now, its sue the fuckers for as much cash as you can.
So, I'm glad they lost that case and I hope that will go some way to discouraging others who would sue for equally stupid reasons from doing so.

Tilda

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
perhaps they never thought to train their dogs to bite the f'n mail!!

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Egits.

If you were going to sue (and lose) to anyone, surely the person who delivered it? I must say, I'm exceptionally glad they lost.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
This kinda think realy bugs me.
In the "old days" if your son/daughter broke their leg ice skating you'd laugh at them and blame it on bad luck. Now, its sue the fuckers for as much cash as you can.
So, I'm glad they lost that case and I hope that will go some way to discouraging others who would sue for equally stupid reasons from doing so.

Tilda

Yeah it's good to see some common sense outside of the usa.

I'm still aghast that the total compensation bill levied against the state of new york over the statten ferry disaster last year is currently sitting at 2.5 billion dollars. Including 5 million to an english nurse for emotional trauma and 160million dollars for a man who lost his legs (who this nurse gave first aid to)

Now, I feel sorry for anyone involved in these tragedies. However nobody needs 5 million, let alone 160 million.
Common sense needs to prevail.
The dog in the thread starting case hurt it's back because of a genetic abnormality bred into the specific breed (which leads to most long bodied dogs to lose the use of their back legs anyway later in life...)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
"Pay me money, I didn't realise when I was buying a pet that dogs are stupid."

Your statutory rights are not affected!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Actually. The judge has left the door wide open for those retards to take their case up against the local distribution firm.

Re-read the article people :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I heard that some ginger kid is suing a newsagent owner for bodily assaulting him. Bring back hanging imo !

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
The judge also said, however, "I do not find a suspended leaflet equates to negligence."

Which appears to show a "common-sense clause".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom