Listen up all albs !!!

P

Pin

= Albion United = Annoying, spam-ridden nightmare = a lot of pissed off people = I don't want any part in it (again) thankyou very much.

What is better is for the Albion alliances to communicate with each other when things are needed. And to a small degree this happens. Maybe it should happen a bit more, but I don't think there should be any stupid, drastic changes made.

Edit: Okay, you weren't saying to make 1 big alliance, just make lots of bigger alliances. Well, the same thing holds, people don't want and don't need to all be in the same alliance. Many of us would prefer to play the game without all the background noise and would rather keep small alliances with people they get on with, rather than join up and follow everyone else.

If you want a large alliance, make a larger alliance (ours is quite large enough as it is in my opinion). If you want a smaller guild/alliance, be part of one.

C

Chenuba

Even our largest alliance are not even close to match Hibs or Mids largest, So if we want things to get better we need to cut down number of communication links.
If more people are reading the same info at the same time, it will save us a lot of time getting to defend keeps or whatever we're up to.
The spam issue isn't really a problem. We're in SS alliance and it's working very well in /as IMO. I'm sure most of the other alliances feels the same way about their alliance. So it's really not an issue about numbers but mere like disciplin and most of the albs has played now for a while and learned since AU.
Maybe AU had some /as spam probs, but AU ruled the server as alliance at a time.

K

Khalen

Originally posted by Pin
= Albion United = Annoying, spam-ridden nightmare = a lot of pissed off people = I don't want any part in it (again) thankyou very much.

What is better is for the Albion alliances to communicate with each other when things are needed. And to a small degree this happens. Maybe it should happen a bit more, but I don't think there should be any stupid, drastic changes made.

Edit: Okay, you weren't saying to make 1 big alliance, just make lots of bigger alliances. Well, the same thing holds, people don't want and don't need to all be in the same alliance. Many of us would prefer to play the game without all the background noise and would rather keep small alliances with people they get on with, rather than join up and follow everyone else.

If you want a large alliance, make a larger alliance (ours is quite large enough as it is in my opinion). If you want a smaller guild/alliance, be part of one.

We even in a small alliance but they still spam crap things on AS sometimes.

B

bob007

Ay KoP alliance we tend to use /as as more of a chat room like /gu. We keep alliance clear when its needed but when its not. Its more like an irc channel.

PS we like it like this :)

AU feel apart coz of a clash of Egos, Nothing more. I agree more comunication is needed. But an other AU is out we all know that.

Idd alliance could be made bigger, But at KoP this can and maybe will be done over time. Introducing new guilds 1 at a time. giving them chance to relax and get to know how /as is treated. Also giving them time to see if they actualy like the way /as is. All want different things and tbh am not ready (as a single player not KoP alliance) to be in alliance where rules are layed down about content I.E. excal clear. It adds nothing to my game and take something away i would nice, Thats the friendship built up between guilds over a single alliance channel. Comunication is the key. and respect for eachother is the control. This is not earned over a channel were 1 text an hour may appear. 1 day albion will be strong again, Not via large alliances But by the power of simply respect for your other fellow gamers.

Or am just talking Bollox

either way am off to bed NN :)

E

Exiled

lo guys and gals :) just passing though on my way down to the hib board, and (on topic !!! me !! yeh !) AU worked quite well, spam is a problem on most large alliances, key is to limit the ppl who can speak and have an evul leader (Eek gray) also if you set certain days when people can "bend the rules" it doesnt get as bad cause everyone can vent their feelings and have a good ol giggle, anywho, bubye :) :m00:

J

jua-cosmos-jua

at least now it is more competitive at emain

K

K0nah

limit /as rights to officers only.

suspend ppl for a week if they abuse/spam.

can still see it all ending in tears/rattle throwing tho ;)

A

Aussie-

atm GoL has no alliance, we never get information when someone is attacking a keep.
I would like to have AU back and I think alot from GoL think the same about this.
If Only officers have /as right , there can be absolutly no problem with spam.
If you want your little events like summoner/legion/keeptaking , just pm the guilds you want in.

O

old.Filip

the main thing is ppl want different things out of the alliance..

The Fc/Strifer/HB alliance allso work as a battleradio for emain/odins ...

that cant be with a huge alliance.. allso i cant see the big comunication problem ... /send [some1 from HB/FC/Strife] and you will get the attention of the whole alliance if you msg is important enugf

Another thing about the big alliance's

in some case's ppl have very very different oppions about how to handle some situations...

like if there is 10-15 hibs in a keep .. should we attack it ?

in a smaller alliance it is easyere to agree about taktics and stuff

T

Tilda

if you PM me Tilda, Tildi, Tiilda then the message will get to the whole alliance ;)
that is unless my /as is revoked :p

Tilda

M

Moonwolf

Radical Idea coming up.

Yes we need more communication and that is not easily solved but how about a short term solution of assigning our Keeps to different Alliances.

The six main keeps (Excl Beno) can be assigned to the six largest alliances to look after. This does not mean that other guilds or alliances cannot either take control or retake them but it is the resposibility of that alliance, once their keep has fallen, to organise a retake as soon as possible.

If they have a FG they have the opportunity to gain some free RP's by claiming and they will also get advance notice if it is under attack.

Beno changes hands so often it would be impractical to assign this keep but one of the larger alliances may wish to take responsibility for this one too. I would suggest the more RvR orientated guilds take the more vulnerable ones, like Eras, as they are more likely to be able to organise quick retakes due to their numbers.

I don't doubt that there will be days or arguing which alliance gets what keep but as an idea in principle, what does everyone think? Workable? or an admin nightmare.

My biggest concern is the blame culture, PMing alliances to shout at them to get their keep back as Mids have been holding it for an hour now. The point is to get some co operation and not let keeps stay in enemy hands for days, hours yes if they are defending, days no.

O

old.BJ|Bored

AU pissed me off as ppl who were mates of the formers spammed to f00k and shouted abuse at anyone who tried to join in a random conversation on it ;o

and officers only with /as rights will result in about 80% of ppl in guilds being promoted im guessing :E

if u HAVE to have a huge alliance make it just for 1 gm of each guild can write in it and thats it, cant see many gms having joking conversations with each other nowadays ;)

J

jetsetminer

What we need is not large alliances or better communication or any of the above. What we need people that give a dam about taking keeps back and getting relics.

Number of times I have seen alliance keep takes organised and 11 people have turned up. :( Now I'm in a big alliance in albion and only 11 people are intrested in getting our keeps back :mad: That is why we don't keep our relics - thats why people walk in and take our keeps, and that is why nobody ever bothers trying to get them back.

Lets face it, most of albion don't care about anything other than getting rp. And taking keeps back doesn't give rp so they are not interested :eek:

Start caring about keeps / relics and we will stand a chance. Only care about power leveling your SI alts or farming rp in emain and albion will just sink into obscurity.

edit:

(oki soz for the flame)

T

twistedmind

The main alliance in mid only cares about their own frontier.

And that seems to work good. But if they get problem in their own frontier they also communicate with the other alliances.

So if they get a message at 2am or something that a guard from your keep has been killed with 140 enemies in the area. Then they call for help from the other alliance.

So think about that albs. Have a alliance that concerns about your frontier and some others with something else, and if you need help then have a cg or something with the other main alliances. Just a tip from a mid.

Regards Twisted

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Well Fellowship alliance has a very good alliance chat.

We have VERY strict rules regarding /as and i am the alliance chat watchdog.

Spamming on /as always gets punished in some way.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Well Fellowship alliance has a very good alliance chat.

We have VERY strict rules regarding /as and i am the alliance chat watchdog.

Spamming on /as always gets punished in some way.

T

Trinilim

Great idea on paper (like rolling a spirit cabby or a 2h paladin!)

Bad idea in reality.

Some guilds don't like other guilds.. very very much :p. Plus there's always the issue of spamming/what counts as spam/things that could be considered spam etc.

Would never work I'm afraid.

A

Aussie-

no offence Trinilim, but you know shit about the past.

C

Chenuba

Time is still an issue here. In hib you need to PM 5 peeps to get all alliances alarmed, albs need 20. This is making albis VERY SLOW mobilizing forces compared to the other two realms.

It's right people want different things from guilds/alliances, but I'm not talking one big alliance but maybe only 10-12 instead of 20. This should still make it possible for people to choose their kind of alliance.

I like the idea of assigning keeps to alliances as their responsibility.
More like that and we can hopefully start to work better together as a realm.

J

jetsetminer

I'll repeat myself... I don't think comunication is the issue - it's that people don't care / cannot be bothered to defend the realm.

I have seen lots of times messages being relayed on /as about attackers on keeps etc. followed by request for defence groups leaving in 5 min.... and nobody turns up!

That is the fundamental problem, not that we don't know (although increased patrolling of the frontier areas would help) but that nobody turns out. People are usually too busy in emain, or leveling an alt or something to do anything about it.

This is even more of the case now - we have the lovely SI areas to play in, we have no relics to defend. I can almost understand it - what's the point? The time difference in sending PM's and getting information relayed between 5 vs 20 people is no time at all. The issue is pure and simple that people don't want to or don't enjoy defending keeps. Plain and simple. Nothing anyone does with changing alliances etc. will make any difference. :(

Users who are viewing this thread