Linux

• Thread starter Testin da Cable
  • Start date
T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by bids
With W2K Pro looking so good, don't think Linux will get much into desktops.OK for geeks like us though ;)

Yeah gotta say W2kPro runs pretty well for a MS product:) I actually said so [gasp! thats a first for me m8] in a thread here on BW.

Anyhoo a Linux ws isn't that hard to lock down so that a user can only use, not abuse.
Also your hardware park can be standardized to comply if you'd want it to. No worries tho, I see your prob and concur. It is harder to do right now :(

-tdc

T

Testin da Cable

I will thanks:):)

maybe you'll play on one of mine one day:)

-tdc

T

Testin da Cable

speaking of pings, the mainland to BW connection totally sux, more or less forcing me to stay well away from the BW hosted games :(
I can remember SUp3rFM saying he had suchlike probs.

Also, we can try something if you're up for it that is. My ip is 213.46.127.250. Ping me.
My ping to BW is in the high 700's.

-tdc

E

Embattle

Average was 105ms to yours.

Average to BW was 45ms :)

T

Testin da Cable

Thank You.

I wonder why my connex to BW is so fscked :(:(

Oh well off tae bed. Good Night!

[Edited by testin_da_cable on 11-10-00 at 01:47]

E

Embattle

Give me a sec, i'll use my BW dialup....Average 72ms. Must be your provider.

T

Testin da Cable

caught me just before powerdown there m8 :)

Did a traceroute:

it's some box just before the pipe goes under the channel.
I'm bout 40ms for 5 hops then up to 700 on this, this [ugh] thing then up to bout 750ms on a random BW server.

Sleep Well!

-tdc

E

Embattle

I must go through a different section, talk to your provider and see if they can sort it, night m8.

O

old.Reverend Flatus

Linux rocks as a server (crap as a workstation).

Never tried setting up a workstation, but I agree, rock solid server.

T

Testin da Cable

I use and have used both. No probs on the server side but ws can be a mite challenging. Unless you've thought carefully and are used to the way you distro of choice works then you will be busy for a bit getting things set up well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom