Linux hate me

W

Will

Linux hates me. I've spent the weekend trying to install it on a P75. First two attempts at installing Slackware were foiled by a corrupted root disk, causing a "kernel panic". Fair enough I thought, fresh set of floppies were slapped in, same error at the end.

Ok, I thought, let's try a FreeBSD install. Made up my floppies, booted, no errors. Finally saw the setup program, made my way through, started the install. Went to make coffee, came back to see a 10% done install and a locked system.

Try again, same.

Back to Slackware, used a different program to make my floppies, made it to setup this time. fdisk was done, keymap set, choose addswap. Died. And again. First time was some scrolling line of gibberish. Ctrl-C, but nothing worked after that.

Tried again, this time memory access errors.

Think it's the PC?

O

old.Reverend Flatus

* Point *
* Laugh *

Well it sure sounds like you have a hardware problem of some sort. Have you tried installing another OS on it?

W

Will

It was running Windows 95 *shudder* when it arrived. Problems with the video display adaptor, but I ignored that.

Guess I might just scrap it. *sigh*

T

Testin da Cable

oh dear :(
sounds like hardware matey. tis a bit harsh your first exposure has to be like this :/

T

Testin da Cable

indeed, well do I remember young padawan

O

old.blackcow

:eek:

first thing i did after my first reboot was forget the root pass :eek:

T

Testin da Cable

there are ways to "reset" your rootpw that you know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom