Linkin Park - What i've done

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Although I do like some Linkin Park stuff this sounded a bit wishy washy- could be any nu-metal band.

Video was thought prevoking but maybe a bit above their station politically.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
The song is actually pretty good, looking to get their album (As it's actually a LP album, not a duet thing) as I've got their other 2 1/2 (Reanimation doesn't count)

Hope it's good when it comes out.

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
just watched that, awesome song, although not like the Linkin Park of the past.

The video is very true and brings a lot of things out.

More political bands the better.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Oh noes. Blame the band that actually make's a good and very-true video!1

In all fairness the vid is abit generic and could have gone with any music video, almost seems there cashing in using it to try and make themselves look more authentic. :fluffle:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
In all fairness the vid is abit generic and could have gone with any music video, almost seems there cashing in using it to try and make themselves look more authentic. :fluffle:

This is actually rather true.

It was generic, basic "huthut", and system did it around 20 times with more message in their lyrics/video relativity.

Linkin park lyrics for that..stuff Nothign political or meaningful there.

And the message of that video? What? There's stuff in world..ooh no...ok so i'll tape the news, put an emo guitar behind it and scream "I'm a maaaaaaan! Here i am! In a can of worms please go awaaaaay!" and it's "political" struggle?

Don't get me wrong, it's basic linkin park, and sometimes it sounds good, but it's just that and nothing mroe.

Gamah

Banned
It is an OK song, I like Linkin Park mostly, least they havn't subscibed to that emo sound thats dong the rounds at the moment.

Video -

Well the video is great, showing exactly how f'd up humaity can be and how we are distroying nature, but its very bias and doesn't shwo the good things that people do (obviously)

Case

Fledgling Freddie
i really like Linkin Park Reanimation is one of the best albums I own but, this song sounds very bland I don`t know if it was just because it was on kerrang TV and they turned the guitars down but it`s very emo/indie in sound and certainly nothing new or exciting.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Disgusting :(

Another band/artist trying to profit on peoples conscience - "if i buy this album with a song whos video features oiled birds everything will be better and it will show i care" etc. They have about as much credibility as the Ronald McDonald Clown in their designer clothes, accessories, cool cars and luxuryhouses etc.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Fana it's kinda the same thing i said about people complaining about slavery while driving escalades and sipping cristal.

Linkin Park probably has, combined, enough cash to put half of it into helping issues and could, with that cash, save thousands of people in africa(as an example), but will they?

Bill Gates and Donald Trump could put probably 2/3 of their wealth, still live in uber luxury, and probably eradicate the hunger in africa. But...yeah...probably not gonna happen.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Bill Gates and Donald Trump could put probably 2/3 of their wealth, still live in uber luxury, and probably eradicate the hunger in africa. But...yeah...probably not gonna happen.

Bill Gates put more money into charity (gates foundation) than anyone else EVER, he has also managed to get his buddy Warren Buffet to cough up a shitload too.

The Gates foundation is currently worth $33 Billion, that's no small change man.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bill Gates put more money into charity (gates foundation) than anyone else EVER, he has also managed to get his buddy Warren Buffet to cough up a shitload too.

The Gates foundation is currently worth $33 Billion, that's no small change man.

Well yes, there's that, which i still am a bit torn about.

One way, it's a great foundation and helps alot.

Other, take all that cash and focus it on a fast and effective cure on something.

But you have a valid point and bill gates was a bad example in this.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Well yes, there's that, which i still am a bit torn about.

One way, it's a great foundation and helps alot.

Other, take all that cash and focus it on a fast and effective cure on something.

But you have a valid point and bill gates was a bad example in this.

Bill Gates is not a bad example at all - sure he coughs up alot of money on charity but he is also worth more than anyone else on the entire planet, in fact he has so vast a personal fortune that it boggles the mind and is sickening. What he has donated over all these years*is* pocketchange to him (and lets not forget its all tax deductable). To be honest i consider him one of the more prominent posterboys for what is wrong with humanity.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Bill Gates is not a bad example at all - sure he coughs up alot of money on charity but he is also worth more than anyone else on the entire planet, in fact he has so vast a personal fortune that it boggles the mind and is sickening. What he has donated over all these years*is* pocketchange to him (and lets not forget its all tax deductable). To be honest i consider him one of the more prominent posterboys for what is wrong with humanity.

I wonder by the end of his life how much he would have donated and helped, what do you do? how much % of your income do you give away?

A guy gives away billions of dollers and it's not enough?, because he should give away everything right?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I love how people really do detest Bill Gates, for what can only be described as for being successful. He gives a lot of money away regardless of how much he has. Bills gates is also not to blame lol.

He has also done a lot for the world.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest i consider him one of the more prominent posterboys for what is wrong with humanity.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

I don't think you know anything about Bill Gates, not only his he the wealthiest man in the world. Who started the wealthiest company in the world (no debts and $8 billion in the bank last I heard + Assests which is unheard of) He managed to do it all with paying backhanders to ANYONE, without making donations to any lobby groups or polictical parties. In fact his biggest problem in United States v. Microsoft was the fact that he had NO ONE in his pocket.

Bill Gates is in a totally different leauge to anyone else, which is why he is on top and now able to help more than anyone.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I love how people really do detest Bill Gates, for what can only be described as for being successful. He gives a lot of money away regardless of how much he has. Bills gates is also not to blame lol.

He has also done a lot for the world.

I dont detest Bill Gates. I detest the societal rules that allows a man to accumulate enough money to buy a medium sized country. It is wrong, any way you look at it.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
I dont detest Bill Gates. I detest the societal rules that allows a man to accumulate enough money to buy a medium sized country. It is wrong, any way you look at it.

Well, maybe if all the tree huggers and do gooders got off their banner waving arses and got jobs they might have been able to get some of that money ^^ and then used it to help people. Learn to play the game and stop bitching about the rules!

Calaen

Haha so your problem is that someone is allowed to be successful? no really come on.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Well, maybe if all the tree huggers and do gooders got off their banner waving arses and got jobs they might have been able to get some of that money ^^ and then used it to help people. Learn to play the game and stop bitching about the rules!

Hello stereotypes!

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Haha so your problem is that someone is allowed to be successful? no really come on.

Ive no problem with people being successful. Amassing sickening sums of money has nothing to do with success however, its just fucked up.

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Ive no problem with people being successful. Amassing sickening sums of money has nothing to do with success however, its just fucked up.

Blame the free market then and not him.

Calaen

you are gonna struggle to amass sickening sums of money without being successful though.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
you are gonna struggle to amass sickening sums of money without being successful though.

Enter the wonderful world of inheritance. Plenty of people being born with a silver spoon in their mouths.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Would like to point out that my examples of bill gates and trump were just because they are known wealthy people.

Nothing to do with the persons as such.

I know that if i was as wealthy as billy boy, i probably wouldn't do much charity, and i can admit to it also, but who knows if i did have it, i might do it for fun.

Also would become batman, but that's another story :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom