Life of Pi

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Not quite as visually stunning as the trailers would make out, though the cgi animals are
one smidgen from perfection, the story was quite odd and I'm probably a bit biased being used to
awesome Imax visuals, doesn't really go anywhere tbh, the message is rather simple.

Job

Don't get me wrong, it's beautifully acted ,mesmerising and gloriously anti religous

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I just can't see how this will translate from book to film, it'll lose a lot of the magic in doing so. Will watch at some point in the future but I'm in no rush.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I watched this today, really enjoyed it. Ive not read the book, but I have spent the last 5 hours runing it iver in my head and I keep coming up with more questions than answers!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Interesting. Everyone seems to say it looks great, but other people are saying the story itself is poo, some that Pi is an annoying pretencious twat, some say it's great, some say it's an anti-atheist piece, some that it's anti-religious.

Guessing it's one of those "message blinker here" movies which make people fight over it since there can be only one real message ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's not anti atheist or anti religious, it's pro-freedom of choice :) Anyone that thinks otherwise is a bloody idiot :)

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Over hyped, imo. I tend to hate over-hyped things.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's not anti atheist or anti religious, it's pro-freedom of choice :) Anyone that thinks otherwise is a bloody idiot :)

Was just thinking that if the film makers plan was to cause such a debate, with anti-pro people of all aspects arguing over whos' message it is, then it's brilliant :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Over hyped, imo. I tend to hate over-hyped things.

It's visually stunning, the story is very feel good and it's well acted too. Maybe it's basic, and maybe the book is far superior, but it's well worth seeing.

Job

The message i got is we are all looking for the same answers..some chase the facts but others chose a good story.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
The message I got, was that people will believe the unbelievable, rather than believe in the bare naked truth.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
i loved the book. wana see the the film but at the same dont wan see it:/ tho if its a good adaption as most are saying it is then it would be awesome on the big screen

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Ok, so lots of posts not answering the main thing I'm interested in. One question:

Is it a good film?

Job

It didnt do it for me..if youre looking for an awe inspiring experience that uses thecombination of thought provoking story and melds it perfectly with an immersive high def visual extravaganca...then that movie is yet to be made.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I had such a hard boner at the end of the film. Well worth it.
God that Tiger was sexy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom