LGM Weaps

Chronictank

FH is my second home
How does making lgm weaps work, do i give the crafter a axe and the components and they combine them, or is it made in one go.
If it is the latter is the % chance to make a mp axe the same as a normal weap?

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
the recipe for making a lgm weapon is.

for example: U want a Coldprocc Battle axe, ok!

Recipe:

1 exeptional arcanium battleaxe

3 perfect earthen essence gems

3 volatile cold arcanium weapon tincture

1 Cauldron of vivifying water

40 arc bars.

Voila - Lgm cold battle axe :D

So first the WC needs to craft a weapon according to what kind of weapon u want (in this case the exeptional arcanium battle axe) after that the rest of the ingredients is used to make the actual lgm battle axe.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
lgd heat for teh win m8e :).....

if ure going to get one made m8.. find a freindly crafter who can use crafting quest tool to increase quality...

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Yup, there is a nice reward with 6 charges of +1% to minimum quality of weapon. I always have 3-5 of these in backpack for crafting legendaries.

Btw, ALL the inputs needed can be random quality, that does not affect the quality of the legendary weapon.

It's also a table of the stuff you need (the alch parts differ, the SC gems are the same regardless of what legendary type you're after) is found here on VoS:

www.visionofsages.com/toa/legendary.html

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Here is a link to my forums where all legendary (mid) are listed (links are snatched actually from allakhazam): http://pandora.webies.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=31

Btw ALWAYS use the etching tool when making lg weapons. I myself am 1104 WCer. Used etching tool twice and I got 97 and 95 qua heat 1h hammers as a result.. few days back did 3 heat weapons - again with help of etching tool they turned out to be 99, 99 and 97 qua ones.

So it doesn't take long to make the crafter quest (in mid it starts in weaponcraft master (from the place u get ported by a jordheim teleporter, head to North and its first round building between two large houses), and do what the master tells you to. As a result you get to pick ONE of the crafting tools.. I always take the etching tool (improves the minimum quality by 1%, has 5 charges (the other crafting quest gives same exact tool but with 6 charges - to be able to do the 2nd crafter quest you must have done the 1st crafter quest tho - its a pre req for the latter quest).

Jorma

Loyal Freddie
there is a 800skill quest now also that increases the qua with 2%.

edit: and the lower skill quests are prereqs.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Jorma said:
there is a 800skill quest now also that increases the qua with 2%.

edit: and the lower skill quests are prereqs.

Yeah I Know :) I made it myself yesterday couple of times. Got 5 of those babies now.

Made a lg heat 1h hammer by using that. I got a MP one as a result :) not bad. Don't know does the quality of the base weapon type affect to the lg weapon quality, but mine was qua of 97%.

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Ixoth said:
Yeah I Know :) I made it myself yesterday couple of times. Got 5 of those babies now.

Made a lg heat 1h hammer by using that. I got a MP one as a result :) not bad. Don't know does the quality of the base weapon type affect to the lg weapon quality, but mine was qua of 97%.

First of all, neither the +1% qual reward nor the +2% qual reward affect chance of MP on legendary weapons. They only affect the minimum quality possible, which means either you get 95% or higher, or you get 96% or higher. This, in turn, leads to a shift in the probability calculations, resulting in higher percentage of 99% qual legendaries, for example. But again: does not affect chance of getting MP.

Second of all: quality on inputs, be them SC gems, alchemy parts, exceptional weaps, or whatever, does not affect the quality of the finished product.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
I don't use the crafting tool anymore, reason, i get the same ammount of successes when i craft the stuff anyway. I do get some 94%'s but then again i do even more 98%+ then when i use the crafting tool. Might be just pure luck but it works for me.

2 days ago i did 6 matterswords and the first 4 i did came out as 99% all of them, then i made a 96% and a 95% so. For me it works perfectly fine without a crafters tool.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Phule_Gubben said:
I don't use the crafting tool anymore, reason, i get the same ammount of successes when i craft the stuff anyway. I do get some 94%'s but then again i do even more 98%+ then when i use the crafting tool. Might be just pure luck but it works for me.

2 days ago i did 6 matterswords and the first 4 i did came out as 99% all of them, then i made a 96% and a 95% so. For me it works perfectly fine without a crafters tool.

Well once u are in the tradeskill quest line in the last wc 800 quest (to make 2 claws), its really fast to get the tool. So why not to use it. The lg weapon I make cons yellow in my craft list, so its not likely that I'll get MP or even 99 qua item for that matter with deacent odds without using the tool.

Thus far I've got 2 95%, 3 97% qua, 2 99% and 1 MP. I've mostly used the etching tool of 1%, because I hadn't made the last tradeskill quest back then.

Anyway getting a MP item as a result is _amazing_ luck nonetheless.

About MP item - the proc seemed to work as often as in my 97 qua, seems that the difference between those two is only in the damage, and how fast the durability starts to degrade due constant repairs (would have been cool if the heat proc would have fired more often ;) - looks cool at least).

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
Ixoth said:
Well once u are in the tradeskill quest line in the last wc 800 quest (to make 2 claws), its really fast to get the tool. So why not to use it. The lg weapon I make cons yellow in my craft list, so its not likely that I'll get MP or even 99 qua item for that matter with deacent odds without using the tool.

You are aware of that once you pass 1000 skill it doesnt matter if the item con orange or gray to you right? Its the same equal chance of making a MP as a capped WC, the only difference is that you'll take twice the time on the combine and you have the chance of loosing one or more of the ingredient (until it cons yellow and lower).

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Mithryn said:
You are aware of that once you pass 1000 skill it doesnt matter if the item con orange or gray to you right? Its the same equal chance of making a MP as a capped WC, the only difference is that you'll take twice the time on the combine and you have the chance of loosing one or more of the ingredient (until it cons yellow and lower).

No I wasn't aware of that. Ty for sharing :)

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Mithryn said:

For Ixoth:

What he said +

I've used a shitload of crafting tools to make better quality stuff and for me it works just as good without them. I'm just telling from my own experiences and not trying to tell you to stop using them.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok guys, I based my analysis before to the fact that I expected that yellow con item crafting (craft dialog) is harder to obtain 99-MP items (compare to gray con item crafting).

As it seems that after certain crafting skill (1000) it doesn't matter whatever the item to be crafted is shown in craft item dialog as yellow con (!gray) then its the same if one uses the tool or not..

Hopefully that made any sense :)

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
After crafting nearly 200 legendary weapons for customers, I have made 2 MPs and about 20 99% weapons. This - I guess - is about average, maybe had expected one or two more MPs.

I use the +1% minimum tool all the time, and according to my calculations, they give the desired effect: less 94%s and an even spread of 95-99%s, thus leading to more 95%-99%s than if I don't use that tool.

Only four points to cap now, I gotta craft some more, give new orders when leg weaps have + str in NF! ;)

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
1 out of 3-4 comes out a 99% for me. seldom more tries for a 99%. Pure luck i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom