LG G Watch

Draylor

Part of the furniture
So far only the Motorola 360 comes close to looking like a watch I'd consider wearing.

The LG seems to suffer from the same problem as the Samsung attempts so far - it just doesnt look like a watch, it looks like a wrist mounted gadget.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
First of those looks like my idea of what they should be aiming for.

From the link: "When you don't want it to be a smartwatch, it mostly looks and behaves like a regular watch". At least I'm not the only one thinking that way.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Nice looking watch but FFS I hate websites like that. Show me the damn watch and tell me what it does, don't make me scroll around and sit through stupid animations with "clever" text.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Wow... another device that needs charging which does slightly less than the phone in my pocket upon which it relies...

What's the point?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Well @MYstIC G the point is I WANT ONE :eek:

I want a mini phone on my wrist, I don't want a pretend watch that gives me information I want a god damn spaceman mini phone on my motherfucking wrist.

:eek:

Edit - and anyway the Moto 360 has the stupid watch thing that sticks into the back of your hand whenever you bend your hand back so I don't want that one, I need a smooth item.

Last edited:

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Wow... another device that needs charging which does slightly less than the phone in my pocket upon which it relies...

What's the point?

I agree, but let me play Scouse and Toht's Advocate for a second.

I have a Suunto Core which I wear for skiing and hillwalking - it has most of the functions on it that I'd want, but the only the more expensive Suunto Ambit gives you proper heart rate / GPS tracking that the proper athletes want. I think that this LG watch (or any solid Android watch) is going to replace both the Core and the Ambit in one package - Suunto will need to adapt pretty fast or their products will be defunct very quickly indeed. The ability to update apps on your wrist, or for the software to update to the most recent version is going to blow Suunto and Garmin products out of the water, especially since they employ dated looking LCD screens (much better battery however!).

The North Face app / Map My Run / Skitracks / Golf tracking apps on my wrist? Yes fucking please!

As "another device to charge" or for someone that goes to and from the office and nothing more? White elephant.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If it replaced the phone I'd understand it. When it can I might even be persuaded to once again wear a watch. However this current generation is pointless. Garmin will be fine btw as reliable low power still has a place.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I've had the SmartWatch2 for about 6 months now, fully expecting to get bored of it pretty sharpish, but to be fair it has its uses, and now the dev community have got hold of it there's new stuff for it coming out all the time. There's a boarding pass and sat nav app now along with various other useful things, and the watch itself is great for keeping up with emails etc in meetings. It's actually a better watch than the TAG it replaced too (doesn't run 10 minutes fast every week). Needs charging every 3-4 days, no real stress when in the office, just a pain if you forget to put it on charge and it dies on your wrist. They will never be cool however, and women will not want to sleep with you because of it.

The OH has had the SmartBand, and that's pretty clever too, monitoring position, sleeping patterns, calorie burn, steps etc etc. I was looking at one, but I feel enough of a penis with the watch, adding a band as well would just be silly.

soze

I am a FH squatter

What's the point?
I will only buy one when it is a companion. I would love a watch that shows me who is calling or who has just text me. Give me the option to select preset replies like sending a text that I will call back in 10. Something with its own apps that can take pics ect can go forth and multiply.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
this thread. quotes database. gold.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Too ugly, battery life, and not useful enough yet. Call me when you only have to recharge it every three years and Omega make one.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
All shit so far. I'll stick with my Casio.

Will have a look at Apple's in October but not convinced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom