[LF]Amourcrafter

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
hi all.

is there any amourcrafter out there, which takes orders?

need 3 mp stddet parts. Hat, pants and boots.

Plz pm me here or in game or just post it :)

but plzzzzz dont take insane prices.

thank u in advance.

varge

Fledgling Freddie
hi m8. i am LGM ACer, but as new to it, i really dont know what an "insane" price is. how would you pay for these parts? i have those in stock, and bear in mind that they have cost me more than 6p in materials (maybe a bit unlucky) and quite a few hours... u can pm me in game on any of my chars!

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
i just want pay the materials price + bonus 4 ur time, but 6p just 4 3 parts isnt a price i want pay 4 em.

Im a lgm Fletcher and i have some mp staffs and bow's in stock 2, and i never would let ppl pay my reties, i needed 4 em.

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Matmardigan said:
i never would let ppl pay my retries

Unfortunately, I think that's why there is no crafter community in DAoC any longer. People aren't even prepared to pay the full making costs of an MP, never mind pay the crafter a profit.

:(

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
pbaz said:
Unfortunately, I think that's why there is no crafter community in DAoC any longer. People aren't even prepared to pay the full making costs of an MP, never mind pay the crafter a profit.

:(

i push my trade skills 4 me not 4 other ppl. If i get an MP while doing it then i set an acceptable price. 6p 4 3mp studdet parts is insane. I paid 5p 4 my first complete MP suit, back in days after SI was new released.

varge

Fledgling Freddie
When SI was released, people would buy 99% (or even 98 in some cases) parts, so a crafter would make some profit out of those as well. now, u have to sell EVERY item u craft except for MPs, so this increases costs...
oh btw, i didnt make any MP while leveling my AC. I made them for a friend but he had already got them somewhere else.
and finally, i (and no other crafter) is asking u or anyone else to do us a favor. we dedicate precious in-game time to make those MPs u need. I dont know y u would gladly pay 10s of plats for a scroll that COULD be farmed within few minutes (or few hours, just like a MP part) and u protest so much against paying, say what 1p/hour to the crafter?
well, i hope u find a crafter that gives u what u want for free...

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Matmardigan said:
i push my trade skills 4 me not 4 other ppl.

Me too, m8. And I think this is also true for the large majority of crafters these days. That was my point! :)

I needed 3 MP parts for my last template. I crafted them myself and stopped as soon as I had those 3 MP's. I didn't keep going to make some "extra" MP's, because I know that they aren't worth the time/effort/energy when no-one wants to pay a "fair" price for them.

This is what killed any kind of crafter community in DAoC.

I see in the other thread that you paid 3p for your 3 parts. A total MP studded set (assuming an average of 50 retries to make an MP part) has a making cost of 3p. This means that you paid 1.5p in making costs and about 1.5p in "profit" to the crafter (I don't know exactly what parts you needed, but these numbers will be approximately correct).

Let's be very conservative and say that each item took 40 seconds to craft. The crafter (on average) made 150 craft attempts to get your 3 MP's. That equals 1 hour and 40 minutes of craft time (assuming zero delay between key-presses or trips to buy more materials - more likely to be around 2 hours). I just don't know why anyone would undertake this task for 750g per hour :( It's great that some people still do this, but I would expect their numbers to become less and less.

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Heh this is reason i dont take orders anymore , except from guildies and a few people i know.

Its all good saying you level up your trade skills for yourself and that any MPs you come across you sell for a low price but when someone expects these prices after theyve ordered something is just plain cheeky.

Ive had people order stuff in the past , ive told them the price (after making them ) and theyve said they didnt want them anymore.
Then theyve found someone else to do it and then PM me back asking if i still have the items cos the other guy took more retries than i did , thus the price being higher than what i asked for heh.Doesnt take a genious to work out what i said that to :)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
If I wasn't an ACer myself, I'd happily be paying 30plat for a full chain suit, or 10-15 for a studded. In the time it takes to make the MPs you could make it back farming.

Aonmeamna

Fledgling Freddie
And have you any idea how insanely boring it is to spend hundreds of hours and all that plat getting up to LGM? Then to be expected to spend more hours of sheer mind boggling bordom crafting stuff for greedy ingrates that farm the cost of this stuff in half the time! Then winge and cancel the order!

I bet you try to sell fbs for 150g too.

Level your own LGM AC next time you want a piece.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Any MP parts my Tailor makes will be going on my CM for a *minimum* of 5 P each. The game economy has gone mental - if people can afford to pay 30 P or more for a ring, or 70 P or more for a cloak, then they can afford to pay at least 5 P per MP part.

As others have already suggested, if you don't like the prices craftsmen set, then level your own - it's not complicated to grasp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom