Levling question

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
Since the whole game circles around the RvR concept it will of course has a lot of group quests and such... But we unlucky bastards that doesn't have a DaoC guild to join or other friends to play with is it possible to level you character solo and then just join the battle of the realm? If it's possible to solo what classes are recommended? My idea was to roll an DoK but it can be a problem to solo with just a healerclass.... That's one experience I got from WoW :p

sabbar

One of Freddy's beloved
Since the whole game circles around the RvR concept it will of course has a lot of group quests and such... But we unlucky bastards that doesn't have a DaoC guild to join or other friends to play with is it possible to level you character solo and then just join the battle of the realm? If it's possible to solo what classes are recommended? My idea was to roll an DoK but it can be a problem to solo with just a healerclass.... That's one experience I got from WoW :p

You can level fine solo if you want, and a DoK is a melee healer so it's a bit easier to level that compared to a pure healer. Atleast you kill stuff faster, I used to play a Marauder in CB and solo leveling was done with ease. Then i rolled a Zealot (which will be my class in retail), and there i was more dependant on a small group to get some decent exp. Because killing stuff solo just took to long for it to be worth the hassle.

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
Ok.. Well since they'll clear the OB chars before the release I do got some time to try it out... Or typ several classes... ^^ But I liked the idea with a DoK both with the dagger part and then as a healer..

burg

Fledgling Freddie

Yes.

There's loads of fun stuff to do and lots of good ways to find new friends.

E.g. if you roll a healer class you could join in the public quests (you enter an area which has a public quest - which is loads of places) and there everybody grouped or not has to do stuff together. Which usually ends up (my personal experience) with new people on your friends list and one or more people to quest with. :)

Or you could que for the RvR scenarios which will give you exp and realm points just by doing some PvP/RvR.

And I don't think you'll have a problem soloing at all if thats what you prefer with a healer class. :)

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
OO so exp for doing RvR... THAT I didn't know... So basically you could level up to maximum level by just doing PvP/RvR... Doesn't have any experience with DaoC more than I had a trial account and tried a char to lv 4 or something like that =P

saks

Fledgling Freddie
yes you can, and if you are lucky you can get some random loot of players you have killed.

But as far as ppl are saying you gear and cash will struggle a little if only rvr. But havnt tested myself!

rynnor

Rockhound
I would do quests while waiting to join scenarios - oh and dont forget to pick up the infinitely repeatable quest to win a scenario for exra cash/xp :)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
I love the PQ's specially the later once where there hopefully aren't too much people so you can do them as a group insted of a zerg as its in the begining areas

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
Just my two pennies: I wouldn't assume anything about the classes.

Im playing a DoK in the beta and at level 10 I can solo two same level caster champion mobs (like boss [not elite] mobs in WoW) with HoT's and mellee leeching attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom