Levelling?

K

Kiros

Can anyone enlighten me please? How fast is xp'ing compared to daoc? :)

O

old.tRoG

Well... Don't expect to reach lvl 70 in two months :)

K

Kiros

My first lvl 50 char in daoc, took me about 4-6 month to lvl :) Just wondering if getting to lvl 70, take as long as i EQ, or something :)

W

Whisperess

The difference between daoc and FFXI when it comes to leveling ( in my opinion ) is that in Daoc; you have to get to level 50 to start enjoying the real fun of the game. It feels like in FFXI that it's the actual journey that is the fun part.

I could be wrong ofc, since I haven't gotten a level 70 yet, but that's my view on it :) ( if I stick to it, it might be true for me, and that would be a good thing :) )

O

old.Dillinja

I am level 17 now. Been playing the game since 23/11. Levelling to 10 can be done solo in a few days, after that you need to start grouping and you will probably get 1 or 2 levels per day if you are in a good group. (read : Valk. Dunes) The amount of time you are willing to put into the game per day obviously has an effect on your levelling aswell but I am going by my average of around 5 hours per day.

I am now level 17 and things have slowed down for me a lot, haven't levelled for 3 days now and am finding it very hard to get a group. I hear 15-20 is the 'dry area' and things will pick up from 20-30, but as I am doing missions and quests right now that doesn't really bother me too much. I will take groups if I can find them but I won't be too bothered if there are none around.

There are alternatives to just levelling heavily all the way to 70 in this game. Just play it how you want to play it and you will probably enjoy it.

Compared to DAoC I would say the levelling is slightly faster, but given the fact that level 70 is the top level instead of level 50 it will probably begin to get a lot slower at 50-70. This is all speculation from me though so it's probably best to find somebody who has a level 70 and see what they think of it.

E

ECA

I found levelling from 16-21 in the dunes was very fast, I went 18-21 in one day :/

I've done a few calculations and if you powergame, you can get to lvl 50 in around 2 months, although thats ignoring your sub.

50-70 is going to take CONSIDERABLY longer :-]

Around a week for level 70.
You'll spend around a month getting 65-70.

Probably similar going 55-65, maybe a little longer.

I'd say lvl 70 in six months is possible, but you'd have to be an unemployed bum and sadly after christmas I have to get a job again :-]

Still I should be around level 50 by then so :D

E

Esoteric

What do you do in the game at 70 is there rvr or is it dungeon raids and such.

FFX Looks interesting may play a euro version if it ever ever opens. Too much to import atm also WoW interests me also TOA for DAoC.

E

ECA

At level 70, there are still mobs you need a PT to take down, Burning Cicle Notorious Monsters, RvR, Limbo Areas ( Need > 18 players to survive ), etc.

Level cap is going to 75 soon though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom