Levelling speeds.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
ok my other thread sounds a bit cocky :D so i'll try and explain.

the xp per level required from 20-50 isnt that different.

eg from 39-40 you only need 6900 xp

from 49-50 you only need 7900 xp

its not a huge increase.

But when everybody has advanced jobs/maxxed out subjobs, it makes things a lot easier. Also people have learnt how to play the game by then, and the range between melees is usually 1, maybe 2.

Mages i've had up to 4 i think 5 levels lower and its still been good.

I also try and play with japs as they usually know the game a little better, and make use of food more often.

I think levelling will slow down past 50, as the xp jumps to 10k from 50-51 and 54-55 takes 15k and 55-60 all require 20k.

rdm/bard becomes pretty vital if you want to get the xp speeds for their mana regen abilities. RDM gets refresh at 41, and if the whm is using regen 2 and keeping the cures low size they can really conserve mp.

bards are also extremely sexy, same fighting capabilities as RDM and basically a buff class that can hit ok.

A typical group setup would be pld/war/nin - 1, sometimes 2 to tank.

A melee who has war subbed so they can provoke.
a DRK or another damage dealer class.
and 2-3 mages whm/rdm/blm works very well.

At higher levels you cant do what you could do at lower levels and have a DRK instead of a pld/war/nin, they just cant tank properly.

So group makeup up to about 30 isnt that important, but the further up you go, the more you'll see people fussing over it.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Seeing as how you have more experience than me in higher level exping, would a group of:

Paladin
Paladin ( 2 to tank, sharing aggro and/or shifting downtime between pulls )
DRK/SAM
DRG/SAM
WHM
Bard/Whm

work? I know it's lacking a BLM/WHM, but I could get that when we're not running 2 Paladins, and the group downtime should be atleast somewhat low since the tanks are taking turns in aggro and can cure themselves. ( not to mention the ridiculous amount of Renkei's that is planned for the DRK/SAM, DRG/SAM combo ).

Basically, what I'm asking is: Is the BLM crucial or just preferred? :) ( no attacking of slime-monsters for that group though ^^ )

Better to ask and adapt sooner than later :)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Oh and:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=ja_en&url=http://ff11.s33.xrea.com/exp.html#top

that might help someone. (notice how small the experience-hit is for inviting another one once you have 3 or more people in the group ).

Basically the experience you get with a certain number of people for a certain kind based of monster is:

1: 100%
2: 60%
3: 45%
4: 40%
5: 37%
6: 35%

rounded down.

Basic experience before exp-chain bonus seem to be capped at 200 if I understand that page correctly - and try to remember: it's much more effective to stick to monsters you can kill with low to no downtime. ( Especially when soloing. Killing that even-con for 100 exp just isn't worth it if you can kill 3-4 easy's for the same exp in less time if you count downtime too )

I know it's tempting to focus on the experience value you see when you kill stuff, but while you're resting up, grinning like never before due to a high exp kill - the guy next to you is making twice the exp chaining lowbies :D

Oh and exp chains ( killing even+ con before a set amount of time ) give additional experience, the amount of bonus per step is:

#1: 20%
#2: 25%
#3: 30%
#4: 40%
5+: 50%

The time to do them in can be found via the URL above.

XP hit for different levels in group ( according to the site above is ):

A = highest member level
B = your level
EXP(x) = experience from monster that player x get
NL(x) = total experience needed for x's next level.

For above lvl 51 or if the level span is higher than 8:
EXP(B) = EXP(A) * ( B/A )

For other cases:
EXP(B) = EXP(A) * ( NL(B) / NL(A) )

Thus as far as I can tell, the only real consideration with level difference would thus be:

Will that member contribute to the group?

Will the monsters die quicker? Will you stay alive longer? Will you have more fun? ( yes, I consider that a factor :) )

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
im stuck at level4 :( and im so bored of ffxi allready :( does it get better?

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
BLM isnt essential, but VERY nice, loads of damage output.

shouldnt have more than 1 PLD imo, as their dmg output isnt the best around.

You should have at least 2 classes with provoke tho.

2 rdm's can do the healing, but PLEASE try to find a whm :p

In your grp Whisperess, i'd probably change a PLD to a BLM/WHM.

And then DRG/SAM to a WAR/SAM, for a xtra provoke.

Subbing SAM is great for damage, but it doesnt really help until higher lvls.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Elvo^Rylu said:
In your grp Whisperess, i'd probably change...
And then DRG/SAM to a WAR/SAM, for a xtra provoke.
Like if that's going to happen. The DRG/SAM is me ;)

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
Well, you can handle with 1 provoke, but if the blm or whm gets aggro and the pld still has 15-20 sec to next provoke, your fucked :p

ECA

I am a FH squatter
paladins can heal themselves yes, but if they rest to regain mp they will lose tp.... although bard may keep them up, he could give them more useful buffs.

the whm and bard couldnt keep a group chaining, i'd swap a drk for a blm or rdm and try and get a melee with voke as well instead of a 2nd pally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom