Levelling duos

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Can people please post some of the best levelling duos for the 3 realms? Im getting my mate to start the game and want to a offer a range of classes that would excel at both PVE/RVR. This is on US classic btw.

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Druid/chanter ( and mana menta if u can )
Valk/shammy or worecock and ( insert random class )
necro/cleric

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Most of these are pretty good plus can have some fun in BG's on the way up

Hib

Mana Ment + Chanter/Warden

Bard + Tank

Alb

Sorc + Cabby

Pally + Arms/Reaver/Friar/Tic

Mini + Therg

Mid

Shammy + Skald/Warrior/Sav

Valk + Valk

RM + SM

Loc + Thane

QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
imo

Mid - Mauler + Shammy would exp VERY fast!! (Mauler v good solo or grp class.. and shammys always wanted for all sorts of pve and rvr grps)

Alb - Friar + Pally ..... Sorc + Cabby or Mauler + Anything

Hib - Warden + Druid .. Hero + Druid ..

Basically anything that has end+buffs can grp with pretty much anything

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Midgard:

Warr/Thane/Valk+shaman (SLOW, belive me - S-L-O-W, but steady and no downtime, belive me been there, done that)

Mauler+Shaman (Fast, got to be fast - considering maulers get power back when hit)

SM+Shaman (Average i would guess)

BD+Shaman (Slow and steady)

Albion:

Mauler+Melee class (Fast)

Heretic+Cleric (Average)

Paladin+Cleric (Slow)

Caba + Cleric (Average)

Reaver+Paladin (Average)

Friar+Paladin (Fast)

Friar + Heretic (Average)

Hibernia

Enchanter+Druid (Average)

Animist+Druid (average)

Warden+Druid (SLOW, belive be...SLOW)

Warden+BM/Hero/champ (Average)

Vamiir + Mauler (Fast)

imo :)

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Nobody's said SM+healer , weird !

theurg/friar
heratic/mincer
bard/champ
vw/warden
healer/svg (celerity+self end... no need to use haste shout)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
If your introducing someone to the game i'd go for a duo that's going to be fun to play rather than an uber leveling one. With double exp on US classic atm leveling isn't hard with any 2 classes.

If you want to avoid downtime then a class with some healing ability is probably going to be a good idea. The problem is that many of the healing classes would make leveling easy and painless but whoever was playing them might find it a rather dull experience if only playing in a duo. Target other person mash heal once every 10 secs for 50 levels.

The ones that stand out as good choices would be valk, warden, friar and heretic since they can do more than just mash a heal button while avoiding the need to sit down for 2 mins between every yellow mob. Just partner them with another tank.

The other option would be 2 casters and nuke stuff to death from range, probably harder to learn for a newbie than a tank since you need to kite sometimes and stuff but less equipment dependant if your starting with nothing and might be more fun to play!

sorc/cabby
RM/SM
Eld/banshee

all would work well in rvr as well.

QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
If your introducing someone to the game i'd go for a duo that's going to be fun to play rather than an uber leveling one. With double exp on US classic atm leveling isn't hard with any 2 classes.

If you want to avoid downtime then a class with some healing ability is probably going to be a good idea. The problem is that many of the healing classes would make leveling easy and painless but whoever was playing them might find it a rather dull experience if only playing in a duo. Target other person mash heal once every 10 secs for 50 levels.

The ones that stand out as good choices would be valk, warden, friar and heretic since they can do more than just mash a heal button while avoiding the need to sit down for 2 mins between every yellow mob. Just partner them with another tank.

The other option would be 2 casters and nuke stuff to death from range, probably harder to learn for a newbie than a tank since you need to kite sometimes and stuff but less equipment dependant if your starting with nothing and might be more fun to play!

sorc/cabby
RM/SM
Eld/banshee

all would work well in rvr as well.

I think reason most went melee and some kinda healing/buff class is to cut down on downtime. shammy/mauler imo would be uber due to heals/buffs and good kill speed on ojs

but imo best of all would be friar+mauler... with it being on clasic... this would be great as both are VERY viable solo classes. and mucho fun to play.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
skald + shammy is slow, finding it VERY slow. Thank god for free levels and double XP..

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
skald + shaman is indeed useless... its like mincer/cleric :p. Except the mid duo doesnt have pow regen... which is the main source of dps really

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
im just thinking how fast the Friar+Paladin would be. celerity+end+heal+guard ability :p
and both can rezz in case the other one die

QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
Basic_X said:
im just thinking how fast the Friar+Paladin would be. celerity+end+heal+guard ability :p
and both can rezz in case the other one die

dont need celerity/guard imo .. Friars/Maulers both have end regen and Heals. celerity n guard not needed imo.

chain oj/reds EASY in frontier..

IMO EXP in the frontier.. sod the dble exp in SI its shite exp compared to dble exp + tower bonus in Frontier.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Succi said:
skald + shaman is indeed useless... its like mincer/cleric :p. Except the mid duo doesnt have pow regen... which is the main source of dps really

Get mana regen next patch though.. + Campfires if you know what mobs to kill

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
mid

thane shammy.... when u hit 34 whit thane and get the lvl 34 sword style... it is soo fast

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Garok said:
Get mana regen next patch though.. + Campfires if you know what mobs to kill

Found if I stick to quests I fly up the levels fast, lot of porting but with skald speed it's a doddle, not as easy at tanks but less boring than camping full levels.

QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
Found if I stick to quests I fly up the levels fast, lot of porting but with skald speed it's a doddle, not as easy at tanks but less boring than camping full levels.

EXp in frontiers imo :) and after each ding do commander quests.. then straight back frontier :) faster imo.. as a mauler the time ispend farting about going Cata zones for quests and get 1/2 a bub i can grind 1/2-1bub easy in nf in same or less time.

kindrid

Fledgling Freddie
bd+shaman can find proper spec and lvl up spots to leave bd exp on its on while you are afk. Saw some guide`s half a year ago or something. Bd is sweet char to solo/duo with shaman and great grp char ...

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
QuickStix said:
IMO EXP in the frontier.. sod the dble exp in SI its shite exp compared to dble exp + tower bonus in Frontier.

If you can find someone to do it, then have yourself PL at Orcs in Adland. The XP there is insane anyway, but with double XP it'll just be obscene TBH.

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Btw that double xp thing, is in EU servers also? or just on us ones?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Moaning Myrtle said:
If you can find someone to do it, then have yourself PL at Orcs in Adland. The XP there is insane anyway, but with double XP it'll just be obscene TBH.

Modernagrav groups in Mid > Orcs

If you can get a group (never managed yet..)

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Succi said:

cleric and mincer is acutally very nice leveling duo

charm a scorcher in SI and go to vikings

charm a salamander (red one) and and do the nedfalls

for lower levels it kinda sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom