Levelling a new alt and T2 > T4 imo

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
It’s been a few months since I levelled an alt but I’m amazed at how so much better the game feels in T2. I can’t put my finger on why but the whole feel of the RVR is just better. Maybe it’s as simple as class balance and lack of CC/AE. If they could bottle T2 and move it to T4 I’m sure subs would rocket.

- English -

Resident Freddy
just come out of t2 myself and was such good fun. Just a shame not many people running around solo but the WB fights are nice

eksdee

FH is my second home
i think it depends on how you approach the game in T4 personally, but i certainly agree that on the whole T1/2 offers a very very good introduction to the game and is extremely fun.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Ye I kind of enjoy them, its certainly a welcome change of pace being able to level up and actually having fun at the same time. But personally for me, the levels are just too varied in contrast to T4 ORvR, and therefore a lot of it is dependant on just high level/gear as opposed to skill.

I really havn't had a serious case of Alt-itis yet in WAR, apart from changing to my SH when my DoK got to 30. I've actually only entered into the game with two other characters, so I still don't know what the Chaos starting area is like at all!

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
Agree. The lack of CC makes it better. To much knock back and down and stun etc n t4... juat aint fun.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, I just started again on order and must say I really am enjoying it (and the game) again.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
T4 rocks with a decent guild and alliance, enjoy it most when outnumbered as it's absolute mayhem :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Aye, we were in Thunder Mountain the other night. We had about 3/4 of a warband (alliance) and were hopping between the keeps annoying Order. Breaking the door a bit, killing the incoming reinforcements, then going off to the other keep. A couple of times I was sure we were going to wipe as it looked like we were about to get swarmed but we won the fights. It was a hoot.

Going back to T2 I must admit I'm having fun with my ickle squiggy. It was a tossup between Squiggy and Magus in beta but Squiggy just didn't feel right. Mythic seem to have sorted a lot of the clunkiness with the class and its a lot of fun now. Not had much chance to oRvR on him though as if I'm on prime time I'm still on Magus, the little gobbo is for when all is quiet.

Off topic a bit, I was laughing like a loon when I noticed something earlier - when a gobbo gets on a wyvern at a flightmaster he covers his eyes. Awesome touch :D

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
in my opinion the T1 is the most fun in RVR mostly since everyone equally sucks more or less ^^ We had a full warband yesterday in Nordland on K8P and it was a long time since I had so much fun, sure the timers bugged but we really kicked their ass =) Also it was nice to get appreciation from all the tanks when they got a nice heal or two (plays as a zealot)... Total mayhem, just the way it should be =)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Off topic a bit, I was laughing like a loon when I noticed something earlier - when a gobbo gets on a wyvern at a flightmaster he covers his eyes. Awesome touch :D

And when you jump whilst mounted :)

Also, SH's detaunt makes him wet himself and cower away. It's funny :)

mooSe_

FH is my second home
The most fun I have had is in t2 ostland defending a keep with my SW on karak hirn. T3/4 are ok but atm I think I prefer the first tiers.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
It’s been a few months since I levelled an alt but I’m amazed at how so much better the game feels in T2. I can’t put my finger on why but the whole feel of the RVR is just better. Maybe it’s as simple as class balance and lack of CC/AE. If they could bottle T2 and move it to T4 I’m sure subs would rocket.

I haven't been to T4 but I tend to like the lower tiers - posted a poll after seeing your thread.

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
just gt to add smth. Think the Amount of CC in the game will be lowered when ppl start playing slayer and choppas ;)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
ive loved tier 4 the organised grps are such fun mebbe im lucky im on the ex daoc players server so alot of old faces are there and we all work fairly well together. the coordination in a lock down is frustrating at times but ultimately satisfying.

that been said i enjoyed tier 3 immensely i dont know why i think it was just less zergified never more than a warband etc fights were always even.

i started a kotbs after quitting for a while cos i wasnt happy with my BW and its turned the game into something fun for me i love that class really glad i rolled one ill prob make a slayer when they go live give em a go

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom