Leveling a cabalist

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
Im a returning player and I need to make some cash. My plan is at some point to level a cabalist to 50 and have him do TDs. I have a 50 bb (not ToAed in any way). My question is:
1) Is cabby farming in TDs the fastest way to make gold?
2) Is focus-pulling in TD's with a bb viable without FoP?
3) Is it faster to level a cabby outside TD's with red buffs from 1- 50, than solo in TD's? And if so where should I go to level (areas/levels)?

Hope someone can answer...

Edit: If I need FoP on bb, how long will it take, or is there a new way to regain power that doesnt require tons of cash?

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
You dont really need a FoP tbh, because it won't affect your cabby as its in combat. And you will probably be using small heals which use less power on the cleric to minimize aggro.
So yeah Focus pulling is viable without FoP, I would have the pet taunt mode on and focus pull to 45% or so; put in 2 AE Dot's and just let the pet finish them off without the shield if low on power.
For the next few days there's the Exp/RP bonus so location might not matter if you can just keep pulling non-stop, otherwise I'd say anywhere in NF or behind the relic walls for the Pve bonus you get in RvR area's.

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks, sounds like cabby is the way to go then. I thought necros could also mass pull, with pbaoe, but that doesnt work as well or? You wouldnt have the power drain then so I guess power would be an issue.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Well I havent had a necro BUT, you dont need/or get ML9 for your pet. So you can just keep on pulling loads as soon as you get a decent heal proc. Also the necro shield is a little worse than a cabby's BUT necro's get the triple AOE and can move and pull with focus shield up. For pure PvE I would probabaly go for a necro since when ML9 is down the cabby can't do nearly as many, if you go PoC or AC you can just around the whole dungeon non-stop pulling since I've never seen a necro go low on power. The only reason I chose the cabby over necro was so I could RvR some(I prefer casters). I've been with necro's and Bots and they can farm labby OTD mobs, and without worrying if ML9 will run out; also cabbys can be hard if adds keep interupting the power shield and that doesnt happen on a necro either.

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
So I would need to get ML9 for a cabby to farm cash, I see. I dont know anything about pbaoe spec for necro. The spell fires 3 times without interupt or? I guess ill have to use facilitate painworking first then. By heal proc you mean sc on armor?

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
`To farm bosses and do mass pulls on a cabby you have to be ml9, on a necro you dont have to(necros cant get the ability and dont even need it.)

I dont know how to spec the necro but with BB's it was usually servant spec at 50 I thought( hopefully an experienced necro will post) The Pbaoe, not sure how they do it but they can be cast 2-3 times in combat somehow with a decent template afaik( again need an experienced cabby to post)

Heal proc is a defensive spell a cleric has in its Enhancement line (aka buffs line) every now and then you get healed when something hits you with a melee attack..
so with a buffed necro pet the more you get hit..the more you get healed.. thats why they can handle aggro well as they dont get hit for much and self heal.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
as for a cash, I would probably farm the TOA afirit mobs. you can trade in essences they drop for +duration items which sell for alot.. or use the glass to ml's and artie's. then use the rog weapon and armour drops for salvage on metal working hinges. This way I made about 2.5 to 3plat on salvage alone when doing to runs on Volcanus with backpacks getting full. And then i would either use the glass OR get essences for ML drops which can be sold in housing for huge amounts of money.

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, on cabby then how long will it take to get ML9? Can I solo my way to this? In the old days you needed groups and raids, but I dont know if thats changed. And you mentioned 2 aoe dots to finish off, I didnt know that they stack?

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
If I were you, I would just stick to Thid tbh.

As for getting cash IMO if you have 2 acc's roll a necro + BB and go kill afirits and salvage/essence trade in OR simple way without craft/salvage go farm gems in brimtsone.
If you have one acc do the same as above but with a Friar.

The best way to get plats for me would be to roll a scout and do the labyrnith quests, you can solo quite alot of them even until the last 6 or so which are bosses. And you won;t get run over much since you will be in stealth. You get 3p before you even get into the entrance of the actualy labyrinth lol.

The reason for the above statement is...
Theres no more ml1-10 raids so there's no way you can do that in an open BG
As your asking for advice here and need ml's, you dont have an active guild or /as so you can't raid them that way.
Your going to have to farm ALOT of glass for arties and ML's depending on how much free time and patience you have...Good luck :D
Getting a decent template for whichever char you want to Rvr with, will take a long time as you will need scales for dragon drops to. It's really tough when your starting again with nothing tbh. And thats not including what you want to do or get with any RvR chars after which is another ml-9+arties worth of glass.

EDIT: an no the AE dot from cabbys doesnt stack it just gets resisted often so I would just do 2 to make sure I got them all.

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
Im spending most of my playing time in thid, and I think Ill stay that way, but Id like a 50 project also. I figure if I can just farm for cash I can then buy my way to items, sc, glass, scales etc. Im not sure if I need Mls to do rvr, I know I wont be mazing there for a long time, but if I can just run along with the zerg in some medium gear, thats ok too. As for guild, Ill get a guild if needed.

Where do I find afirits?

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
Another question: Which cabby pet is the best for focus pulls? Im using Saphire atm, but if Jade dam-shield stacks with the spell dam shield, Ill switch.

by the way: I asked in this post Oct 18 how long it would take to level a cabby to ml9, and I can now give you the answer: 14 days with casual play in rassa grps. Im now the proud owner of a ml9 cabby - leveled to 50 and ml9 in 14 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom