level to buy good stuff

A

awlis

I am confused as to when you should be putting money into a good set of armour. At the moment I gain a level a day if I am lucky.. now if I spent money on a good set of armour it would go blue way to quick to make it worth it.

However at level 18 (friar) my armour is already going blue and I can't afford the next level up merchant brought stuff. So do I,
1/ ask a friendly tailor,
2/ find a place that drops good armoru at my level (suggestions pls)
3/ not worry about it untill I get to ......(fill in space) and then upgrade cos leveling will have slowed down enoygh to make it worthwhile.

btw it is mostly my assecories that are going blue (rings bracers etc)

P

parisienscot

"So do I,
"1/ ask a friendly tailor,"

Indeed this is the very best solution - of course this all depends on whether you can find a friendly tailor - type /who tailor and start messaging - don't be surprised if a lot of them seem to be afk though - as crafting is so boring people tend to press the craft button while watching TV!

Don't expect it to be too cheap though - although I believe it is cheaper to make than stuff from merchants if you're not asking for remakes. Also crafted armour has the advantage of being able to be spellcrafted - which is really quite cheap if you're not overcharging, however spellcrafters can sometimes be hard to find, and it could take them well over 30 minutes to make all the gems and imbue them on a full set of armour so they not be too enthusiastic.

Of course if you join a guild that has a tailor and / or spellcrafter in it - this makes life much easier - they might even do it for you for free!

2/ find a place that drops good armor at my level (suggestions pls)

This is an option, however you will find that the % chance of dropping armour pieces is extremely low - you might xp in one camp for a whole level and only get one piece!

3/ not worry about it untill I get to ......(fill in space) and then upgrade cos leveling will have slowed down enoygh to make it worthwhile.

This is a definite possibility for friars - get grouped and try not to get aggro too much - let the plate wearers hold the aggro all the time and your crappy armour isn't an issue. Also if there's no cleric in the group they might not even want you to hit the monsters at all, but hang back and heal.

You also didn't mention option 4 - begging. While you could ask random level 50s you pass for cash, this is often frowned upon. However if you hang around a busy vault keeper like in Caer Gothwaite or Camelot (upstairs above the Round Table), many people have old armour they don't use any more hanging round in there, and will usually give it out for free to make some room in the vault. Asking for old items is much more player friendly than begging for cash, and you'll probably find you get better stuff from doing that anyway!

Again being in a guild and asking guild mates will also be a help here.

Anyway - don't worry too much about it, for some reason despite low levels drastic lack of cash it all seems to work out in the end!!

C

chimaira

Blue armor is no problem for Friars either.

as u got Baseline AF buff.

which helps up to a max of your lvl af cap.

which makes that u can use armor lower than your lvl and help bad quality armor to get to 100% quality in help

T

Tasans

Who said armor isnt important to healers?
I forgot to change armor to my shaman once and i was eaten alive every time i got aggro.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

I'd agree that armour isn't really too important for healers (unless they try to solo). It helps, but you can get by on blue/green stuff if you have to. They certainly don't need it like tanks do.

My advice is to scour the various sites (Allakhazams, Warcry) for quests/one-time-drops that give appropriate armour for your level. When you've got them then supplement with drops/player crafted. That's probably the best way to do things unless you have access to stuff from other people.

T

thegreatest

Also from lvl 26-28 on you can start wearing darkness falls armor whats 10x better than regular armor without stats...

oh and dont be worried about rings/bracers that go blue or even grey, I was once wearing a lvl 17 ring at lvl 30, because I hadnt found a better one...If you have luck you will get some nice accesoire ROG drops if you are hunting in SI, or you can also buy neckies/rings/bracers from df with seals, which easily drop off monsters...

G

Giljotine

if you play on Albion/Prydwen i can help you with items and cash
as soon as the Subs page is up and running ..
pm me your ingame name so i can contact you when i'm able to
go online again

O

old.Kerosene

Try asking in your realm cities if anyone has any old armour they don't need any more. When I first started, people were quite happy to empty their vaults of old stuff for a good cause and a few gold.

E

Elated

begging4tehwin
I once earned 250g in 2 minz in Alb/excal by begging! who can farm money that quick? muahaha :D
but hey i also gave away like 2p on mid/pryd so i dont mind begging on different server :D

F

fl3a

Originally posted by thegreatest
Also from lvl 26-28 on you can start wearing darkness falls armor whats 10x better than regular armor without stats...

oh and dont be worried about rings/bracers that go blue or even grey, I was once wearing a lvl 17 ring at lvl 30, because I hadnt found a better one...If you have luck you will get some nice accesoire ROG drops if you are hunting in SI, or you can also buy neckies/rings/bracers from df with seals, which easily drop off monsters...

as of right now, my L47.5 SB is using a L4 bracer and L10 necklace.

O

old.Hendrick

Also, friars actually get a free robe every 5 levels I think, up to a certain point. So at level 20 you should get a new robe (if you visit your trainer in Camelot and turn in the old one).

Users who are viewing this thread