Level a mins?

S

Sajko

I'm planning on moving to pryd and thinking of 2 options to level up my mins.

1. Level necro+cleric to 50 then PL mins to 50
2. Level necro and mins together from /level 20

which would be the smoothest ya think? Fastest?

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Sajko

necro + cleric is incredibly fast, minstrel brings very little to the mix until 40+ and the cleric con buffs would be far more useful than a power song. You could get 50 with cleric+necro combo and still PL a minstrel to 40 in the same time it would take the mincer+necro combo to make 50.

N

-Nxs-

yes definetly a cleric/necro combo is the fastest way to level - but one point to note, the shade and pet are classes as two members in a group - so adding a 3rd member such as a cleric or mins will make a group count of 3, most of the spirit weak mobs do BAF so you will get ADDS and with a DS necro and enhance cleric there is very little croud control.

I think somewhere on VNBoards I read that to level a toon from 20-50 took about 2-3 days played time using a necro camping wights or similar, with a 50 necro you can easily cope with the ads there, may be quicker/safer to level the necro to high 40's then let the mini join in.

L

living

i PLed 2x friars to 35 with 1 day and 10 hours /played.. no Cleric and BAF'ing aint a problem for a necro.. 20+ u should be able to do 3x oranges at once imo, buffed or not :).. and 30+ the mincer got ablatives

I

ilum

I think he wants to autotrain his mincer so wont have ps ablative etc

Z

Zonder

exp the old fashioned way is soooo last year!

PL4tehwin imo :rolleyes:

P

-phusion-

what about a debuffer + a necro?

that would be 0 downtime and UBER fast killing

L

leviathane

Re: Re: Level a mins?

cleric+ necro will only be gd when necro stats are passed to pet. So i agree with phusion. :m00:

I

ilum

lol its funny....

a while back you would say "go kill some around prydwen keep then kill bandits a bit then kill some boulderlings or something"

now its like

"get 3 account, get a necro and a debuffer, once necro is lvl 50 you need to lvl a buffbot, so lvl a buffbot on debuffer account, when buffbot is 50 you start minstrel and you are ready to go to barrows where you will be accompanied by 10 different lvl 50 necromancers swearing cussing and leeching of eachother. :D

H

Heffer

Originally posted by ilum
lol its funny....

a while back you would say "go kill some around prydwen keep then kill bandits a bit then kill some boulderlings or something"

now its like

"get 3 account, get a necro and a debuffer, once necro is lvl 50 you need to lvl a buffbot, so lvl a buffbot on debuffer account, when buffbot is 50 you start minstrel and you are ready to go to barrows where you will be accompanied by 10 different lvl 50 necromancers swearing cussing and leeching of eachother. :D

very observant of you Master of the Eastern border...have a cookie!

K

kameh

Level the old fashioned way, good god its a minstrel you can virtually always get groups!

C

cHodAX

Re: Re: Re: Level a mins?

Originally posted by leviathane
cleric+ necro will only be gd when necro stats are passed to pet. So i agree with phusion. :m00:

Err no, cleric con buff gives pet abs making it able to easily tank 4-5 orange mobs. The clerics dex and int buffs on the shade gives much faster casting and more consistent damage. I know because I did it.

G

Gamah

Heres a drunken idea DONT LVL ONE! we have enough as it is"!!1 RAwtrT!

C

chimaira

Re: Re: Level a mins?

Originally posted by Gamah
Heres a drunken idea DONT LVL ONE! we have enough as it is"!!1 RAwtrT!

Im making 1 atm xDD

C

case-rigantis

will be funny once this guy gets 50 and realises how hard a minstrel is to play and since he didn`t play his to 50 he won`t have a clue :m00:

S

Sajko

Originally posted by case-rigantis
will be funny once this guy gets 50 and realises how hard a minstrel is to play and since he didn`t play his to 50 he won`t have a clue :m00:

My main was a minstrel on merlin, but cba to level one the oldfashioned way =/
By the sounds of it prydwen has way too many minstrels so I think I'll reconsider and make something else ...

oh and btw if you've played this game before it doesnt matter what class u play, give a decent player a week and he can play the class just fine, not everyone needs 2 years to learn a class :eek:

I'm thinking Reaver just for the fun of it and that I've never touched any of the new SI classes for albion.

O

old.windforce

i think i can play any class decent in 2 days. playing it good takes a month or so. playing it great takes a year (if ever)

(for me)

pve <> rvr

it is utter bullshit you have to level a char in pve to know how to play it

M

Mills

Originally posted by old.windforce
it is utter bullshit you have to level a char in pve to know how to play it

except maybe a necro, simply because u have to get used to the sodding pet bugs etc ... and if u aint used to em u can get into a bit of a pickle in rvr.... even more of a pickle than usual :D

G

Gamah

hi..you may not know me but i'm a big fan of living.. and small goats

H

hangianix

My main was a minstrel on merlin, but cba to level one the oldfashioned way =/
By the sounds of it prydwen has way too many minstrels so I think I'll reconsider and make something else ...

We have many, but never can get a decent one when you need.

O

old.windforce

necro qc + buggs took me 43 minutes to master which is a bit longer then most classes

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by case-rigantis

Have to disagree with you on this point Case. Most classes you can pick up in about 30 mins. However, no-one really learns their class until they hit 50 and get out into the frontier. We all have to re-learn at 50 anyway, so he's no different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom