Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Remove /level20 lock on catacombs classes

Votes: 53 34.0%
  • option 2 or 3 both work for me.

Votes: 26 16.7%

• Total voters

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Remove /level command, it's not necessary at all.

Or maybe change to /level 10 - that I could understand because the first 10 levels might be a little boring for a veteran, but lvl10-20 is the most fun 10 levels in the game really. A majority of the best quests (atleast in Midgard) are between lvl10-20. 30-40 are the most boring part tbh, maybe also give /level 40 when you reach lvl30. Bla bla bla bla blahhhhhh... Nah forget about it, remove /level command! ;D

Miramis

Fledgling Freddie
As a new player myself.. I voted for removing the lock and let all classes have the /level 20 ability. Just made it to 50 on my first toon, and would definatly not look forward to doing the 1-20 bit again. Im very greatful for the /level command as it lets you see what the character is all about in a more advanced state than building it that high and then realise it wasnt what you suspected. An absolute must though, is to maintain the must to have a level 50 first, so that you at least have some idea how to play the game. I know I would have been utterly lost jumping in on a level 20 mageclass for example, and thats something that makes you look towards another game as well.

Just a noobs opinion, fire at will *runs and ducks* ;)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I think its a bit late to remove it, the damage was done 3 years ago, shutting the gate after the horse has bolted solves nothing.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
We should all just get bots to write our replies to this thread since it's posted up every day.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
RS|Phil said:
We should all just get bots to write our replies to this thread since it's posted up every day.

is it? I haven't seen it befor.

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Miramis said:
Just made it to 50 on my first toon, and would definatly not look forward to doing the 1-20 bit again.

well - thats because the /level command is there! if it was totally removed, or not even implanted in the game in the first place, new players like yourself would have a much better first impression of the game, and it would be much more fun!

i totally agree with the guy that said - lvl 1-20 is the funniest part of the game (before ur toaed and lvl 50, ml10 etc! xD)

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
its too late now to change it... the game is dying anyway I doubt doing something now will encourage new players to join

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
DocWolfe said:
its too late now to change it... the game is dying anyway I doubt doing something now will encourage new players to join

actually german servers population isnt decreasing at all.... anymore

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Elbeek ! Blimey you still playing DAOC ?!

Ferus Legionis 4TW old school

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
AngelHeal said:

How does that concern me..? I'm not german.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
DocWolfe said:
How does that concern me..? I'm not german.

.....open your eyes befor you actually talk.
And think again befor you speak.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
leveling just isnt a problem.

i got the hunter on mid and its all i had, didnt have a guild or know anyone, borrowed a pac healer from maji, got into moderna group and went from like lvl 5 to 35 in say 3-4 hours one evening.

did another moderna run couple of days later and it was lvl 46.

time to stop xping and go do the fun pve etc.

imo just give a /lvl 30 or even 40. its so fast to xp its kind of pointless now.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
RS|Phil said:
Well it was a valid observation Angel. :)

the fact the ENGLISH population is shrinking isn't maybe the games problem? But the player himself?

I think the game is greater then ever!
Every evening lots fg vs fg.

solo'ers..
duels..

Toel

Loyal Freddie
The /level system would be best removed in my opinion. And as Dr_evil said, theres a lot of fun stuff at the 1-20 areas. My "nearly" best time in DAoC was when I grouped around Mithra, the lowbie alb dungeon, and goruping at the hillsbury plains (or whatever it's called, haven't been there in some time). But I guess we have glaston for that, givf more lowbies to group with though;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
AngelHeal said:

Erm, they are static and have been for a little while now but still at all time lows. Everytime another promising MMO comes out it will chip away at the existing playerbase, that is a fact of life when an MMO reaches the grand old age of 5 years. DAoC will hang on for another year or so at least, it won't be one game that kills it though, it more than likely will be EA pulling the plug hoping when the numbers hit unsustainable levels to get remaining customers to move to Warhammer. Might offer some kind of incentive as well if they have any sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom