Letter

Mey

Part of the furniture
Not for DAOC but for the Live Action Role Play system i play, back story being that my character is currently in a place called the Konn (Middle east [ish] area in geography) on the crusade to remove the demons from the place and return the light of the seven (the God's in the game). The legion he's apart of (axir = rome) is based in a city that was recently capture and because his legion is seen as the "experienced" one they are kept back from the front line until really really needed - in other words until all the cannon fodder has gone. My character follows the God of Fortune patron of whores and thieves (tralda). This is basically a letter home to his Brother (the primate of Tralda - head of the church).

Anyway Thoughts/feelings/suggestions please?

"Silence runs through the, now, unoccupied streets of Tenusa, with the 24th legion gone, or rather removed it has become the much loved home of me and my small unit of men, a small cog in the war machine of Axir. We started as eight but we are now four.

But that does not matter anymore. Because as I write this to you Brother, I sit here surrounded by like minded people in a den of my own creation. A small drop of joy in an ocean of despair, never again will one of my friends go mad with boredom. I believe now that Tralda called me not to do battle, but instead to provide.

Tonight is the fight night, the toughest and dirtiest soldiers from the legions surrounding come to fight for the pride of their legion and of course the ladies. The spectators scream and shout and the trade items flow in. You see money is useless, what you really need is good’s things to trade and barter with. The lad’s bring stuff to trade, it’s valued and the equivalent in “tickets” provided and believe me these tickets are a mans best escape from this war. I share the material wealth with my unit and we live like kings among men. Whilst the girls are spoilt rotten and are lavished with jewels and fine clothing.

Normally dear brother I would not be able to send you such detailed information about my going on’s it’s clear to see that the officers read and review the letters sent home, but every man has his price and this one only cost me a bottle of wine.

John"

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Is nice :) Only thing which sometimes annoys me about snippets is the introduction of names/place names with nothing about them, such as Tralda. You did however explain it in the first paragraph, just wondering how it'd be shown in the RP thingy. I guess if it's a game or so, it'd be built on over time.

It's a personal thing but I do sometimes wonder why more normal names aren't used :D And yes, I'm guilty of it myself. Am just a bit of a hypocrite ;)

Mey

Part of the furniture
It works in the game in that we have our own written language (ronnish - basicly different shapped letters) the thing above was written out by hand into this then sent to the other guy who plays my characters brother. He can then either keep this on his person when we are playing or pass it on to another person. It's sometimes nice in game to have props such as this as it gives you something to read/discuss etc.. This is just the first out of a few letters home from the crusade. I'd post them up but i wrote them straight into the game language and I can't actually remeber what i wrote (would have to sit down and translate it hehe).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom