News Let's read articles from 1789

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Times has put archive up which has all their newspapers scanned beginning from 1789,It's pretty intresting to read stuff from 200 years earlier.
You need to register but it's free for now.

Times Archive

Oldest news there is from March 27, 1789

THE two ships of war, named the Sirius and Supply, with the transports, under the command of Commodore Phillips, have made good their Voyage to Botany Bay,by the intelligence brought by the Prince of Wales, one of the transports which carried out the convicts - The dispatches for Government are - not, however, yet arrived, as the Borrowdale Transport, by which Commodore Phillips sent them, as well as a third transport in company, have not yet reached England.

Here began the war which caused the death of 72 million people.

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 1.-German invades Poland. Herr Hitler thanks Italy for her aid, but declared that Germany would accomplish her task alone. The Polish Government informed Great Britain and France that they regard the German invasion as a case of direct aggres- sion, and asked for aid. General mobilization was decrced in both Great Britain and France.

georgie

FH is my second home
On Hitler dying:

Hitler, it was said, fell at his post in the Reich Chancellery fighting to his last breath against Bolshevism.

lol, spin ftw. :clap:

Uara

Part of the furniture
That is rather cool, i was going to try and find out something interesting about my family, but it came up with 14000 results and I couldnt be arsed to look thru them all!! Bloody common surname!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
That is rather cool, i was going to try and find out something interesting about my family, but it came up with 14000 results and I couldnt be arsed to look thru them all!! Bloody common surname!

Yeah, with a surname Doe, I think John was a bad first name to choose!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Genuinely fascinating! I love shit like this

Helme

Resident Freddy
Yeah, Hitled liked that so they ran with it for a couple of years. Didn't work out so well if you heard?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, Hitled liked that so they ran with it for a couple of years. Didn't work out so well if you heard?

I did hear, but what I didn't hear about was Hitler declaring War on an Art Gallery during the Nazi Occupation of Austria.

Uara

Part of the furniture
Lolz yeah, he was very much opposed to the nude drawings inside the building, His reason for the war was "No Clothes, No Show"

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Lolz yeah, he was very much opposed to the nude drawings inside the building, His reason for the war was "No Clothes, No Show"

He was much much more scary than i thought :p

Ezteq

Queen of OT
times archive online was invaluable to me when i was doing my extended history essay, it was great to get hold of stuff from 1888 and read it as if it was recient.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
??

They kicked a few jews out so the war started?

Meant more as a "if they had accepted hitler then no hitler as such", but, he might have started a war towards the institute and it got out of hand also :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom