Lets make Lyonesse alive!

M

moona

In the early days of my Daoc career there was a beautifull place called Lyonesse.

Lyonesse was a place where the lv 33+ went after they get tired of Barrows :)

you had Gobos, tanglers and the ultimate TWEES !
when you went there you need to wait on a LIST to get in a grp :)

but first of all you saw peoples , you laughed, you argued , you had FUN!

Present:
----------

Lyonesse is empty... few Necros.... few cabas ..... lonely infil....lonely cleric (????)

Well i'm tired of this ...

how can you lv a lv 33+ without a PL necro (friend,sec acc)?

Barrows ( at peek times 1 fg of lv 33+ wich is mostly full, especially for a scout ;))

LETS MAKE LYONESSE ALIVE AGAIN , GET YOUR ASSES OUT OF BARROWS , LEAVE YOUR NECROFRIEND AND LETS HAVE FUN AGAIN

just a proposition ....

hope there will be some peeps tonight :)

oh yea i play as a scout , so'll start a grp myself :(

M

MesS°

Everyone and his dog are in Avalon City... Much better exp and easier to get grped...

:m00:

L

loxleyhood

In what possible way can you consider Lyonesse beautiful?

I can still hear the pygmies............

O

old.Ramas

Lyonesse basically sucks money nuts unless you happen to be a Cabalist.

It always did - it's just that previously there were no alternatives.

Everyone has now decamped to SI. Which is a wholly more sensible place to level.

Arrr. Arrr. Arrr.

/shudder

Enough to bring me out in a cold sweat.

O

old.Wildfire

30-40 in SI sucks if i remember rightly, there are no organised camps anywhere. We need an alternative to barrows imo.

L

Larik-

SI is a bit disappointing at those levels (30-40), drakorans wander around too much, undead spawns come and go, ogres are too spread out... every third pull at Caer Caddug pulls half the fort :)
However, had a good time in the last week exping on the orcs SE of Diogel, get harder as you move further south. Have vaguely amusing names too - Orc Fishmonger, Orc Clamshucker, Orc Beachcomber etc.... Shame they look like extras out of Dr Who though ;)

O

old.Ramas

The dales of devwy have quite a few decent camp spots for 30-40. My advice would be to kill constructs, raise your drak faction, then use the drak camps as guard posts (draks hate constructs) and pull mobs to the areas just outside drak camps.

Causes problems when you invite a new group member with crap drak faction of course.

And I'd agree that 30-40 is SI at it's weakest. Still plenty of non-lyonesse hunting grounds available though...

Barrows
DF
Dartmoor
LB
Snowdonia/pennines

E

elahim

Totally bloody agree with you Moona!
I miss the gobo huts, the wipeouts!

L

leorin

Ye same , and CRIPPLE FFS , OMFG U DAMN FUCKIN NOOB U KILLED IT :p

X

xplo

My infil will not get a group 36-45 so yes i'm getting PL'o'mancerd :D

K

katt!

you will tell me when the pygmys stop screaming, wont you loxley?

O

old.Ramas

CRIPPLE FFS , OMFG U DAMN FUCKIN NOOB U KILLED IT

To this day I have no idea why Mythic took this accidental feature out of the game.

C

ChillyDawg

/em walks down memory lane.

Ohhh....i remember pygmies. I remember the days when my smite was on a par with a wiz 2-3 lvls lower than me, 2 PBT 2 cleric random tanks.....3 chains going, bliss. Such a pity its all gone, ALL GONE!

oh well.

i go there sometimes, pull the odd pyg from the house, play with the odd tangler b4 its m8s ass rape me. pull stun and try and run away from a twee b4 i gleefully get mangled by its dual weilding branh-hands sigh.........such good times. All the real DAOCers lvld there, i bet theres a good 50 lvl 50s in alb who have never done let alone SEEN a tangler pull, or Twees for that matter.

Anyway, it was all fucking shite, glad its gone tbh. UP TEH DF SLAGS!

O

old.Wildfire

tanglers were teh rox imo, then everyone wussed out cos they got a bit harder, im up for kicking some tangler ass sometime with my 33 theurg if anyone else wants to go back there

K

Kagato.

Ah yes, crippling the clerks and tanglers, when they could still be chain killed, that was fun.

However I hated lyoness then and I still hate it now, thank goodness I don't have to go there for anything but epics now.

M

moona

ok Si, now tell me where are the camp spots for a lv 30+??

none i presume

LOL @ Criple , i liked that shit :)

so for now on i'll stay in Lyo , playing solo :/

if you wanna start a gobo grp , pls pm Moena :)

L

leorin

I used to hate lyonesse but today i really miss it alot :(
All the late nights and those damn frogs sayin quack quack in background that drove u crazy :) And all discussions in grps you had , as some ppls said the social part was more important then.
Also remember when i stood for minutes watchin the higherlvls killing trees , and at that time treegrps were still rare but i thought they looked so cool big monster trees hehe :)

L

leorin

And yes few days ago i put my foot in lyonesse first time for long but then as my m8s necro with my gray cleric stuck to me, blah some turn back the clock, this game lost much. But guess that is how things turn out when stickin around for a while :(

O

old.LandShark

What the hell are you on? Lyonesse was hell. Trees were a nightmare and tanglers meant endless searches for sorcs only to find out that they were incompetent. And yes, I'm afraid you, Moona, where a goddamn lousy sorc at tanglers.

L

leorin

t.t an ice theurg which were most popular back then did aswell as an sorc at tanglers mostly when i xped wasnt very hard to find sorcs , u usually saw the same ppls and grped with same ppls from day to day there. i remember me and inflammable when we got new Ae there did small grp and got uber xp ;D

A

Apathy

I miss being able to easily solo entire beach pulls with my sorc with no buffbot. :( Just me, a medial telamon and bugged MCL.

a.

G

gaenvan

Trees god they were boring to do but was a good laugh with all the group chat.

Pygmies the criple i own up i did hit em a few times and kill :(

M

moona

Originally posted by old.LandShark
What the hell are you on? Lyonesse was hell. Trees were a nightmare and tanglers meant endless searches for sorcs only to find out that they were incompetent. And yes, I'm afraid you, Moona, where a goddamn lousy sorc at tanglers.

And you are?

E

Eporunner

...don't reply on such stupid aggro-reaction Moona. Such guys don't even deserve a look ingame.

M

moona

he 's still jealous because i could solo tanglers :p

Hail yea Landtwat :)

R

Rnp

Tweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

Z

zlair

ohh, yes, what a nightmare it was...

being ice theurg with root worked until some clerics healed too close to the mobs and they all come for u :p

ohh and the constant whining of infils and scouts that wanted in grp

best part was the PBAE grps there...

Me (as Zlair), Aoe (ice wizz), Eraser (ice wizz), Leopol (fire wizz)some other ice wizz from Illuminati, and then Enhanze (my bb)... man we pwned !

funneh it was :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom