Leipzig Gamecon 23 aug

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Im going to Leipzig on the 23th of aug with Reloaded, first to check out warhammer, but second, gonna ask those "not lieing GOA people"" when there about to cluster the english servers, if i dont like the answer i get.

Im gonna ask a question to the devs from mythic: I just got an answer from GOA that they dont care about there english community, concerning server clustering in Dark Age of Camelot, how can you let a company that doesnt care about his community run another game.

I will be packing my cam with me :p

Let the lies begin.:puke:

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Make sure to mention that you are reprsenting Freddyshouse, the English speaking communities biggest forum or something. Make it sound your more improtant and many people are expecting a decent reply

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I could actually go to there and laugh in Requiel's face after asking him what he meant with soloing leads to anti-social behavior...

Assuming he is there.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I could actually go to there and laugh in Requiel's face after asking him what he meant with soloing leads to anti-social behavior...

Assuming he is there.

I'll be there but I won't be able to answer your question because I didn't say that or anything like it. Sorry.

To Dutch_NS, how does not being able to cluster a server equal not caring about the community? You're more than welcome to come and talk to me about it, I'll answer your questions. You may find that I'm not as patient in real life as I am on forums though so I'd recommend dropping the attitude before you do.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
I'll be there but I won't be able to answer your question because I didn't say that or anything like it. Sorry.

To Dutch_NS, how does not being able to cluster a server equal not caring about the community? You're more than welcome to come and talk to me about it, I'll answer your questions. You may find that I'm not as patient in real life as I am on forums though so I'd recommend dropping the attitude before you do.

the thing about not caring is maybe the lag of information about this problem. ? its been over 6 months now an still no news on the offical site other then what you have been giveing us wich have been great imo but try an look at the customer site ?

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie

You know Requiel, i hope your bosses could read this and see how you treat the community.

If it was me, i wouldn't even recommend you to the post of a CSR, for one you are very rude, as you've said you're not very patient and last of all are very arrogant.

I hope you change your attitude quickly, because you've already lost a lot of european based gamers to the american warhammer servers and i'd recommend to anyone right now wanting to play to buy the american version.

I wouldn't want a repeat of the incompetance GoA have shown with the european camelot to happen with WAR, what you say puts GoA's reputation at risk and therefore could be damaging to career if someone found out.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
You know Requiel, i hope your bosses could read this and see how you treat the community.

If it was me, i wouldn't even recommend you to the post of a CSR, for one you are very rude, as you've said you're not very patient and last of all are very arrogant.

I hope you change your attitude quickly, because you've already lost a lot of european based gamers to the american warhammer servers and i'd recommend to anyone right now wanting to play to buy the american version.

I wouldn't want a repeat of the incompetance GoA have shown with the european camelot to happen with WAR, what you say puts GoA's reputation at risk and therefore could be damaging to career if someone found out.
Really?
I've offered to answer his questions, I've said I'll be more than happy to discuss the issues he wants to raise and I've confirmed I'm going to be there. I'm not however going to tolerate anyone wading in with the kind of attitude that is prevalent in this thread, anyone who feels it's acceptable to do that will find that I don't have any time to talk to them after all. I'm not being rude, I'm saying how it will be and how it should be.

If people want to take offence at my saying I won't lie down and be a punchbag then frankly they are trying to spin anything I say into something they can take offence at. I really have no time to waste on those people. This isn't a secret, I'm not hiding anything, my boss sees what I post regularly and I'm not posting things or saying stuff that I shouldn't be. This is how it is. If you want to snipe at me, go ahead I'm not interested in arguing my personality traits or character flaws, it's ludicrous though to assume that because you disagree with me I'm somehow going behind my boss's back.

Regarding our 'incompetence', Mythic are very happy with the way that we run DAoC, we have a vast number of very satisfied ex and current customers. We made some mistakes - as any company does - and we learnt from them, we did a lot of things right though and we broke a lot of new ground. We still have a very successful game and we're looking forward to another one. You can't achieve that with incompetence.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie

Read the 1st post properly, then consider that persons initial attitude and think about how warm a welcome you would give them. Its a very aggressive stance and possibly not a great position to be starting a conversation from.

Luckily most people in the flesh are alot less aggressive without the anominity of a forum to surround them.

Go in with a positive attitude and you may find you get alot further.

Regarding forums and bosses, you may well find that they are alot less concerned about people who post on them than you think. They are used as a barometer of opinion, and I am sure that a few people who post may offer balanced opinions. But ultimately forum posters are the merely the vocal minority.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Read the 1st post properly, then consider that persons initial attitude and think about how warm a welcome you would give them. Its a very aggressive stance and possibly not a great position to be starting a conversation from.

Luckily most people in the flesh are alot less aggressive without the anominity of a forum to surround them.

Go in with a positive attitude and you may find you get alot further.

Regarding forums and bosses, you may well find that they are alot less concerned about people who post on them than you think. They are used as a barometer of opinion, and I am sure that a few people who post may offer balanced opinions. But ultimately forum posters are the merely the vocal minority.

Uhm i fail to see any other kind of media, bar internet Forums, to have an mmorpg Community (if there wasn't any, after all, wtf Requiel would manage?).
So the fact that they are not concerned about criticism (and sometimes it's well deserved i might add) over these forums (or any other forum), just shows how business is normally ran.

To be honest; i lost any kind of "faith" on Goa changing its attitude as a company (Requiel being temptative arrogant over a forum it's just laughable; dude u are the UK Community Manager, u should know better what's diplomacy). So it's been time since some months by now to make em understand the only way they actually hear.

Don't pay em if u are not happy, pay em if u are.

It's really that simple, no argument, well constructed or not, will EVER make em change any position they side for. If u don't like it, cancel and move to another game/state.

If not stfu and play ^^

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
for one you are very rude, as you've said you're not very patient and last of all are very arrogant.

he has every right to act like that you know :) especially when theres retards in here thats 100 times worse towards HIM :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
he has every right to act like that you know :) especially when theres retards in here thats 100 times worse towards HIM :)

Shame he's meant to be a Community Manager not another random retard posting on FH? ^^

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Requiel I just wish you gave out more cheese swords.

If you ever come to my house needing the toilet in an emergency, i would let you come in...but you aint getting the nice paper to wipe your bum-bum, just the standard school tracing paper!

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

Requiel said:
This is a situation where part of the community wants something that is actively harmful to the rest of the community and this is why it gets stopped so quickly. In the worst case situations people get seriously harrassed in game for interfering or even just being in the area - obviously in these cases we take specific action against the people who are being idiots. However there's a bigger picture to look at here even when such flagrant abuse isn't involved. I'm prepared to believe that most of these duelling rings just happen spontaneously and if people want to watch other people fight then there's nothing wrong with that. If you want a 'clean' fight and prefer to wait for your opponent to recover from his last fight then again there's nothing wrong with that either. Where I do have a problem is creating an exclusionary environment where people who don't fit an arbitrary set of rules aren't allowed to play the game. Duelling rings tend to foster that. Previously there have been much better ways of achieving the same end effect without the potential for abuse. If you want to specify an informal solo zone somewhere out of the way then that's fine as long as you aren't impacting on other people's enjoyment. The simple rule is that we don't tolerate it because it leads to further anti-social behaviour and divisiveness, tolerating it in some situations would be extremely hypocritical and so we make a blanket policy to stop it before it starts.

I quoted most of it.

I am not sure what the anti-social part was you're refering to, maybe killing Awarkle's Druid near Crauchon and creating "exclusionary environment where people who don't fit an arbitrary set of rules aren't allowed to play the game" eventually followed by some foul language to him via PMs.

Two questions still remain for me today, would he have contacted you on MSN if he wouldn't have died but if he would have killed the players he reported and why not suspending players for foul language instead of spawning guards, killing something that is okay according to you?

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
All nice words Requiel but still no answer concerning server clustering ;)

Why i write something down like this is, because i hate beeing lied @ for 6 months, and still nothing happens, sure mythic is happy how you run the servers, well the german and the frensh servers.....

And I wont be asking you Camelot questions @ leipzig, because you are form Warhammer ;)

Also answering in a rude manner is not to talk to a customer even if im extremlly rude you could loose alot of custumers with that.

How would you feel tho if your boss lies to you for 6 months about lets say you payment each month, how would you feel, if you got no answer each time?

Ill maybe ask you a question about Warhmmer @ leipzig good luck :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Shame he's meant to be a Community Manager not another random retard posting on FH? ^^

doesn't change anything :) even CM's will bite back if they feel its justified :)

and oh my god is it justified on this board....

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
seriously drop the cluster talk, its not going to happen, nothing is and never was being done about it.

You just have to accept that GOA are freely willing to lie to its customers to keep the money rolling in.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I am going to there as professional visitor on the professional vistor's day with my boss who is teaching at a game design school.

I'll try to find some time to find Requiel ;). (Just to have a look at him.)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Jup a Community manager should never fall out to a costumer or he can find a new job :)

umm, if he'd posted "screw you Dutch_NS go jump off a cliff" then you might be justified there.

However what he said was "You may find that I'm not as patient in real life as I am on forums though so I'd recommend dropping the attitude before you do." which means that if you turn up at Leipzig bellowing "GOA ARE SHITE YOU LIE TO US!" (being the gist of the original post) you'll be ignored.

If you turn up and ask your questions in a reasonable manner he's said he'd be happy to answer them.

Not entirely sure why I'm responding to this thread since attempting to help some FH posters comprehend anything is a futile gesture at best :p

I'll try again anyway:

If you turn up to any RL convention/whatever with anywhere near a hundredth of the bile and anger you get in a typical FH post it doesn't matter who you're talking to about what game from whichever company you'll either be ignored, asked to leave or thrown out the building by security :p

joap

Fledgling Freddie
If you turn up to any RL convention/whatever with anywhere near a hundredth of the bile and anger you get in a typical FH post it doesn't matter who you're talking to about what game from whichever company you'll either be ignored, asked to leave or thrown out the building by security :p

Come on Flim, admit it. You're just dying to be in charge of security in the convention and use a IRL ban stick :)

Gamah

Banned
Oh fucking hell Gahn, get a grasp of the real world.

You'll find if you're rude and aggressive to someone on the phone or irl in a shop or any place of work they will offer you the same courtesy, I know if a user calls me up and is a twat I will be a twat back and so would any of my colleagues as people like that don't deserve politeness.

Requeil or "IainC" is entitled to say what he said, he's not supposed to be sweetness and light to people (pussies) like Manisch saying they would "laugh in his face" when clearly they wouldn't IRL because there balls would shrink so far inside there body when trying to interact with a real person.

If someone came up to you and laughed in your face when you're working you'd tell them to piss off and so would I.

I don't understand where this notion of CM's having to take untold amounts of shit from spotty sexually frustrated teenage virgins has come from, but it's a load of bollocks and frankly laughable.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Come on Flim, admit it. You're just dying to be in charge of security in the convention and use a IRL ban stick :)

nah, irl bansticks are boring - the hammer of banz0r however has an in-built bottle opener and dvd player concealed in the hilt.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
:worthy:
nah, irl bansticks are boring - the hammer of banz0r however has an in-built bottle opener and dvd player concealed in the hilt.

I hear when Flim's got the Banz0r Hammer he swings it with more tenacity than Ez with a rampant rabbit...

Good job he 'misses' alot or we'd hate him bwahahha!:england:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom