Legends of the Realm!

DeadOnArrival

Loyal Freddie
Hi Folks. In nearly 3 and a half years of playing Dark Age i havent made an RvR video yet. I havent fulfilled my potential realm rank neither as i only play in drips and drabs these days but hey, i still plug away and get on with it.

In the last 3 years or so i have met some excellent enemy players ...watching them fight from the shadows and some of them still play today with RR10 + titles. More recently i have had some cracking fights myself with some old school players.

I have decided to make and edit an RvR Video. The video will not be solely about me or nightshades/stealthers but will feature the best of the most recent fights seen on our server between all realms. I want the video to be something we can be proud of as a server and something we can all download and keep in our memories long after Dark age of Camelot dies.

So what do i need from you...

To start with could the fixed RvR groups nominate a member who has fraps etc to record some fights with other realms. Give me a list of players in the group and their class/rr and guild.

The fights ideally should be around a minute long. it might be an idea to get a friend(stealther) to film the fight from a side perspective.

Soloers...

Especially intersted in the likes of tanks/casters...likewise can you film a fight or 2 and send me the best ones you have had. rr9+ chars would be prefered

Stealthers...

Only really intersted in Fights where theres 1 v 2, duo v duo or exceptional solo fights between rr9+ chars.

As for those of you on irc..perhaps you can arrange a few emotes between the fixed rvr group your going to face.

Once you have finished filming can you send me a PM on FH and i will forward you an Address where you can send me the clips.

If anyone has any input into this project please let me know.

Happy Hunting

C*

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
heh solo rr9+ stealther fights will boil it down to about 20 active players maybe :)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
this is a great idea, it would be nice if you could get hold of some siege RvR as well although hopefully the footage would be exciting and not one of those alarm clock PvE things - otherwise we might all be ashamed of being on the server. ;)

rure

Fledgling Freddie
DeadOnArrival said:
To start with could the fixed RvR groups nominate a member who has fraps etc to record some fights with other realms. Give me a list of players in the group and their class/rr and guild.

The fights ideally should be around a minute long. it might be an idea to get a friend(stealther) to film the fight from a side perspective.

Good initiative mate. But fg fights that are around 1 minute long is not a fight, its a rape.

DeadOnArrival

Loyal Freddie
rure said:
Good initiative mate. But fg fights that are around 1 minute long is not a fight, its a rape.
Fair point mate the longer a fg fight goes on the better..within reason. perhaps 4-5 minutes would be good?

rure

Fledgling Freddie
DeadOnArrival said:
Fair point mate the longer a fg fight goes on the better..within reason. perhaps 4-5 minutes would be good?

Well, the longer a fg fight goes on the better is my personal preference. Soruzi recorded a 10 (?) minute fight in OF, which is prolly the best fight I've ever seen. But seeing your format about the movie, 4-5 minutes is prolly good.

DeadOnArrival

Loyal Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
Shall see if I can get u some footage with my SB

Great Grym..your one of my faveourite stealthers out there as well..Look forward to recieving it.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
feel free to rip anything out of my videos if you feel its very enjoyable :) - i don't have any raw files or anything anymore though. just some heretic stuff i havnt deleted yet, but nothing worthy of a vid like this :)

the hardest issue for me while making videos is this: do you want footage that is 100% enjoyable, insanely good fights or do you want to cover most of all the prominent players/groups, even if the footage isn't as good as other stuff?

as for recent footage that are very enjoyable for myself: the ending clip of BDC video.

older stuff i like: duel vs haxen in my ns vid (i lost, but oh damn it was close; january 2006), the first fight in my eldritch video (with a hib pug, against groove; may 2005), and fighting 3 fg mids in walking issues 2 + getting aestunned/bombed at the end (november 2005)

best fight i have ever seen in a video from exc/pryd: nolby vs domain/tusk's hib group, in warrmovie2.avi (post toa, pre-NF)

soo many brilliant clips i have not mentioned, but i guess you want recent stuff? in which case the number of nice vids released has been fairly small.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
What?

Caestar does something useful?

Has the world gone mad?!

Great idea man, hope it turns out well and look forward to watching it :D

Calo

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
best fight i have ever seen in a video from exc/pryd: nolby vs domain/tusk's hib group, in warrmovie2.avi (post toa, pre-NF)

aye by far, it took like 10 mins and whole the time i thought "if that was my grp we would have died 10 times already :eek6: "

Just amazing how they managed to stay alive and win eventually

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Have a word with Slayn he has a 12min fight with Mael/Groove recorded from a few weeks back. He spoilt it by forgetting to use ra's :p

DeadOnArrival

Loyal Freddie
Just a note. Will probably use msn for transfer.

Keep the pm's coming in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom