Legendary weapons on assist trains

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
Right, ToA features these so-called legendary weapons, who do either cold, spirit, matter or heat dmg, and also has a dd + resist debuff proc for the same dmg type. Obviously, 2-3 mercs wielding 2 spirit debuffer legendary weaps, while having an air theurg assist nuking should do quite well. Also, if you have a reaver in your regular setup, you might want to consider cold legendary weaps on your other tanks. 1.5 (or lower :eek7: ) levi spam on cold debuffed targets sounds pretty nasty ;)

Any thoughts on this? Anyone already have legendary assist train groups planned? Anyone have other nice ideas besides the ones I've listed?

I know there are loads of nice artifact weapons though, but with most of them nerfed now (battler anyone? :p ), people might consider going legendary.

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Generally not worth it in my opinion. Group RvR wise that is.

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
26% resist against melee (plus armour resist tables)

or...

26% magic resist, plus AoM, plus resist buffs

The resist debuff proc isnt good enough to counter the high magic resists encountered in such groups

Spesh

Fledgling Freddie
chances of a high qual legendary are pretty slim too

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Crafted/Sidi till you manage to level up Battler imo <for slash that is>

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
I've heard people say they do more dmg with legendary after proc than normal weaps. That total bs then?

Hm, come to think of it, iirc in the second Yrodable vid he uses dual spirit legendaries. Seems to do nice dmg too. Anyways, was just a thought :)

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
It depends, the debuff itself is 17% I think. Also armour is magically weak, ~10% will be tops for most group RvR. I'm not sure if the debuff scales on buffs.

Looking at 27%-31% resist removing if lucky.

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
Btw, tanks with access to wild arcana could crit on the procs, yes? Also, having a body sorc or spirit cabbie in group who can 50% debuff melee from your assist train sounds pretty nasty Oo

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Didn't people say the same thing about the GOA 'Event' weapons? I'm still waiting to see people build up /assist train groups around those ;)

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
Didn't people say the same thing about the GOA 'Event' weapons? I'm still waiting to see people build up /assist train groups around those ;)

Can't compare tbh. 1 person with 1 weapon that procs a debuff.. Vs maybe a reaver, 2 mercs, a pally and a mincer, all doing same dmg type, their procs debuffing said dmg type, with the option of having a caster resist debuff even harder (though I guess theoretically, necro AF debuff works same way - don't see any hardcore RvR guilds use necro in melee group setup though, due to CC and interrupt vulnerability).

Can you imagine how hard 1 reaver, 2 mercs, 1 pally and possibly a mincer, hit a target with cold dmg if that target has maybe 3-5% resists against that dmg type (would be cold in this case to draw extra advantage of levi proc - or maybe I'm just biased, playing a reaver, could just as well be a third merc, or a pole/2hand arms).

That is -not- the same as 1 chance each time 1 certain guy in the train swings, to proc a 15% debuff. My suggestion was a body sorc/spirit cabbie doing 50% (+possible crits with WA) debuffs.. Let's say you got 3% racial, 26% items, 26% buffs (mota ect), 6% for AoM2.. 11% resist left, and that's a generous figure since AoM resists are applied after all the others have been deducted now.

Spesh is probably right though, tough work getting same dmg type MP legendaries for such a train.. 7 weaps, 8 if 3 mercs. I guess 99s would do ok though, not like you need MP for imbue point purposes.

Oh, small sidenote, if this guild group ever decided to farm the type of mobs that these weaps give +melee dmg against.. :eek6:

And about the "didn't people say the same thing.." thing, I'm not saying anything really. It's an idea, I have no clue if/how well it would work. More like asking than saying. Just playing around with the possibilities of ToA :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom