Legendary Weapon Quality??

Stacey_Valentine

Fledgling Freddie
Im still messing about with my ToA MP config for my Inf, and in one of my posts Bigcheif said about a Legendary Weapon, so i looked into it a bit more. I've been told in game by an Inf that althought his Legendary was only 99% qual, he does more dammage that with his 100% is this true? or was he mistaken cause its a slower sword or something?

Also im using http://www.visionofsages.net/toa/index.html to look up things for ToA seems a decent site, but on the Legendary Weapon section it says that u get a random qual sword back after the combine process of making the legendary, am i lead to beleive that no matter what qual sword u use on combine u will get a ranom qual sword in return? or is it worded badly, and the qual of legendary weapon received is the same as that you use to combine, ie, MP in MP out?

Any information you can givf would be greatfully received as i am at a loss :eek6:

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Basicly its just like a Crafted weapon

The legendary weapon does Elemental Damage instead of Slash/Crush/thrust

These weapons also proc a 30% Debuff in the damage they do

Sooo If your legendary weapon procs it will do 30% more damage (basicly nullifying the enemys resists in this damage type)

Heat LW's do an extra +10% damage to Shadowblades and NS's
Soo Duel Wielding 2 Heat legendary weapons for an Inf will cause Great Great damage against a SB if the proc go's off

Stacey_Valentine

Fledgling Freddie
Would you generally be hitting for more then than u would with a player crafter sword of the same qual? that is if the sword dont go off? if so then having two legendary would be well worth it yes? And do u know that if a MP sword makes a MP legendary, or is it random? cheers again in advance

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
1- It depends on the Enemys Elemental Resists etc, if he has Capped elemental resists your hit for the same(more or less depending on weapon speeds etc) , if he doesn't have capped resists then your hit for more (Basicly just think of it as your weapons doing heat damage instead of Slash/thrust damage)

2- Its random just like a normal crafted weapon (Ie- people getting MP Blades and getting a 94% weapon etc :p)

Stacey_Valentine

Fledgling Freddie
:/ ok so there is no ploint using a mp sword to combine with? and if u end up with a 98% legendary or something, and they have capped resists, then u are worse off with the legendary sword than u are with a MP player crafter sword, sorry to keep asking, but it seem u spend money on the rare items etc, and then u may end up with a sword worse then a normal MP, is that right?

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Stacey_Valentine said:
:/ ok so there is no ploint using a mp sword to combine with? and if u end up with a 98% legendary or something, and they have capped resists, then u are worse off with the legendary sword than u are with a MP player crafter sword, sorry to keep asking, but it seem u spend money on the rare items etc, and then u may end up with a sword worse then a normal MP, is that right?
K. No matter what quality materials you use the final product is random! Can be 94-100, nothing effects what this is gonna come out as (in the same way as any crafted product)

The reason for using a LW (heat in this case):

All armour has locational resists .. that is depending on the armour type there are resists tables for magic melee damage (legendary weapons) and bolts (we can ignore this). Basically the important factor here is.. leather is 15% WEAK to heat. So using a heat weapon on a SB with 26% heat resists will actually do damage as if he has only +11% resists. So you gain damage. Also the thrust/slash/crush resists related to each armour type are ignored. So for a thrust user the 10% thrust resist mid leather has are ignored (+10% damage) and you do 15% extra cos its heat (+15% damage) = +25% damage.

Can be nullified by a heat resist buff ofc .. and most other armours are heat resistant, personally I have 2 heat, 2 cold (for other armour types) and 2 normal for groups (as they have ppl with resist buffs)

Spathi

Fledgling Freddie
i read somewhere that there was some strange questable item for crafters that has charges that you can use to add 1% qual to the next item you craft? anyone know anything more about that?

sounds great for trying to make LGMs

edit: i mean LWs

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Spathi said:
i read somewhere that there was some strange questable item for crafters that has charges that you can use to add 1% qual to the next item you craft? anyone know anything more about that?

sounds great for trying to make LGMs

edit: i mean LWs
Yes it's a quest item from one of the crafting quests. Adds 1% to the minimum quality which doesn't increase your chance of making an MP, just means your range is 95-100 instead of 94-100.

Pharrel

Fledgling Freddie
Memba though mate That Sbs Will prolly havf a BB and there fire resists will 70% of teh time be capped coz of the shammy resists :worthy:

RedDevil

Fledgling Freddie
not a problem until sb make it to amg he loose his resist buff, it last only 10 mins so cant count on it, unless u camp mtk :worthy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom