Legend of Grimrock - old skool rpg

Zede

Part of the furniture
If your old enough to remember fondly Eye of the Beholder or Dungeon Master, you will love this !

http://www.grimrock.net/

real retro feel, nice gfx, intuitive unobstructive controls, secret doors/switches

If i could chose skyrim or this, i'd chose this, tis super, £11.00 off steam

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
that looks really nice actually. I used to love games like bloodwych, dm and bards tale

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Its awesome.

A real tribute to the old school RPG games like Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder.

It like going back to when games were HARD and didnt hold you hand through every step of the process. (and thats a GOOD THING!), The puzzles are excellent, the combat is BRUTAL (pro tip - if your getting hit, your doing it wrong), and the hints and help are few and far between.

PROPER dungeon running!

Buy it, now!

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Best tenner ive spent in a while. Totally awesome game, love being back playing a game with little butons hidden on walls etc.

Great fun

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
did you find the secret in the first room you spawn in on lvl 1 ? ;)

Zede

Part of the furniture
after a few restarts, gone war/war/mage/mage Tip, go all out fire on at least 1 mage and use the 3 extra skill points as a trait at the start -, L13 fire magic gets you an aoe fireball, that totally wastes those packs of legionaires on L3 - 3 dead off 1 fireball.. 4th taken down soon after :cool:

i'm staring at the 'patient man' riddle smokin a fag thinking....... doh !

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
oh that, its easy

/mwahahaha :D

if its the one i think it is, rest in front of it :p

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Ice magic goes one better,

1st spell is a line effect damage that travels as far as it can dealing damage in a line, but even better... 2nd spell is a ice explosion like fireball, that FREEZES enemies in place sometimes like some kind of sub zero special move.

If, like me, you have an assassination and dagger thief in your back row, you can skip round the back of the deep frozen monster and backstab it into oblivion.

brilliant brilliant game.

On level 5 at the moment. Oh man level 4 was a nightmare! good luck with that!

as soon as i finish, ill be doing another party with at least two thiefs in it... i wanna see if i can evade tank :)

Zede

Part of the furniture
oh that, its easy

/mwahahaha :D

if its the one i think it is, rest in front of it :p

not resting, just waiting - the door opened with me sitting there wondering what to do !

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Really hope they will expand this game, more classes/skills/dungeons/story etc.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Really hope they will expand this game, more classes/skills/dungeons/story etc.
You see, that's the voice of the 2010 gamer inyou talking, block it out. 4 classes, dungeons, puzles. Bosh, thats all you need the rest is just bloatfluff (tm)

Let's get back to basics!!!!!!!!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You see, that's the voice of the 2010 gamer inyou talking, block it out. 4 classes, dungeons, puzles. Bosh, thats all you need the rest is just bloatfluff (tm)

Let's get back to basics!!!!!!!!

What do you mean 4 classes? One generic eye-POV antagonist that is shown in some obscure pixelpicture on the startscreen(yes there's a start button!) and that's it! There's a stone corridor, you turn to another stone corridor and meet (a) monster(s) of different colours(if you're lucky!), where upon you press a button and see if you die. Maybe even see a door if you're really lucky that leads to another stone corridor. Then repeat the procedure until you die. Puzzles are for self entitled little wantwant gamer, when i was a kid we had to imagine our puzzles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom