Legal vs Ethical

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Leathas said:
thanks to mercury im now an annoyance in hibernia too I guess,you should read some books and try understanding sentences as a whole mercury.

Lol. Having taken four times longer to fathom out your first post, I find that advice facetious. Never mind the English (told you that wasn't important if its legible) - at least they teach me in school to use capitals, to space words and to use punctuation so sentences are clear and can be read easily. And the reversion to foul language is a poor sort of advertisement for whatever you're trying to say. imo.​
It does not need me to make you an annoyance in Hibernia or anywhere else. I'm sure you're quite capable of doing that much on your own.​

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Maoni said:
cba to read all replies here but...
1: Even tho you think its wrong, the coc isnt on your side here. What you should do, instead of badmouthing a player and drag a whole guild in it while you are at it, is use the feedback form and send a complaint to mythic asking them to rewrite the coc. Its a harsh answer but its facts....

No, I think trying to get Mythic/ GoA to do something so obvious and just is not harsh, but it's probably damn near impossible.

I haven't bad-mouthed this guy's Guild at all - I only mentioned his GM because he was the one I turned to first and had a long debate which went nowhere. It's a large guild and I know of only 2 members - hardly the basis for a generalization (even one I haven't made).
I named the guy and described what he did - and you may notice he's been taking part in this under another nick. I did say in my first post I wanted to know what people thought of the behaviour - as someone pointed out I'm hardly what might be called an impartial judge, so my account is only one side of the story - but true and accurate as I see it. My main point is you don't have to break the CoC to behave in a shabby way.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
ps.i wouldnt speak about irl if you camp an arti for days

... that's game days. Duh! Doing something else at the same time - like reading.
Geez.

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
mercury said:
It does not need me to make you an annoyance in Hibernia or anywhere else. I'm sure you're quite capable of doing that much on your own.​
may I join a new/old rvr guild and bully people around now?please?
pretty please?

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Leathas said:
may I join a new/old rvr guild and bully people around now?please?
pretty please?

Lol. Join in debate on the "wrong" side and expect kid-glove treatment? I'm not getting it from you, why should you expect to be treated different? I have not sworn at you, flamed you or pushed you around in any way. Bullied? You don't know what the word means m8.
If ya can't stand heat, why come in the kitchen.

You make me laugh.

ceixava

Fledgling Freddie
if you got the loot from the mob the arti was yours too, but since its available for grabs by anyone the stealer picked it up

report him to rightnow, 3day ban for him, arti for you

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Well actually, I did get 2 GoT from the enc - (and the cred) but the main arti was on the ground and I couldnt pick it up. He thought at first he couldnt and demanded I hand it over. When he realised it was his, he grabbed it and was off like a flash. The point being, as the mob hit him before me, most people seem to be saying he's right and its my hard luck. I'd love for it to be true what you say, but it seems not, I'm afraid.

Burp

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh ... the best thing you should do .. if you realy need the artie etc .. get up ad 06:00 ... and look if its up .. if not go to bed etc ..

Thats how i do it ...

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Burp said:
Tbh ... the best thing you should do .. if you realy need the artie etc .. get up ad 06:00 ... and look if its up .. if not go to bed etc ..

Thats how i do it ...

Lol. Ive done that as well, even before 6am as that is 7am CET.. However, the particular arti is not really the point at issue, but his upstart behaviour is. Because it seems the only way I'll get it is to behave like him, I'm just going to forget it until one time I'm walking past and it pops with no-one else around.

Tx for the contribution.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Finale

We seem to have rolled to a natural halt.

In summary it appears that most (but not all) consider the Furyy type of behaviour to be clean, legal, decent and (more important than any of those but all the more sad for Excalibur) acceptable.

I am obliged to bow to the majority, though this does not mean I will be a part of that sort of thing, nor will I allow it in my guild. I'm sure my co-GM would agree.

In the course of this argument I may have used expressions about the player in question like 'he screwed me', 'out-and-out-scoundrel', 'arti thief', 'unprincipled charlatan', 'greed-driven git' and similar. I unhestitatingly withdraw the word 'arti' and profoundly regret ever having used it. Sorry.

?

:))

the camping arguement will never work - i can put lvl20 bots all over toa and claim i've been camping diff. encounters non-afk for the last week, now can't i?

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Ofc you could - but it would be pretty obvious. I've seen pets used to camp GoLM but ignored them as I do anyone afk or far too low a level to kill the mob. IMO that's just as bad as pushing in - and deserves the same treatment. Its all down to starting from a basis of common sense and common courtesy and sticking to the not-very-easily-defined spirit of the game. But I'm afraid it's flogging a dead horse, and I give up. Here the greed-merchants are deaf and blind to sense, courtesy and community spirit. And Furyy and the like can laugh up their sleeves at the rest of us, I have stopped caring.
Having said that tho, the 'camping argument' is alive and well and respected elsewhere in the game...

But that's life :( <sigh>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom