left camp and wonder why it's taken a few minutes later?

C

Chrystina

as experienced last night: our nice little farming grp arrived at Hulks in DF and seeing they were free we started pulling happily ... after a few pulls a guy named Naagauk and some friends showed up and started talking in some language i couldn't understand ... after he decided to talk english he said that they were here before and just left to go upstairs to get rebuffed. and he started complaining that we "took" the camp. erm, yeah, right ... did he expect us to say: "oh sorry, we didn't see the note you left and we'll leave of course."??? in pm he got nasty and ended up on /ignore ...
i mean, hello?! if u want to keep a camp either leave someome there while getting buff's or, even better, take your bb's with you and don't start using abusive language and calling ppl names because they take a camp after you left it for whatever reason ... grrr ...

PS: hello and welcome to my 1st whine post :)

O

old.Tohtori

Naagauk, what an ass...

I mean, if a place is "camped", as in, every mob has the other persons initials on them, then why not just pull.

Silly person of foreign language.

T

the_fnord

They should have left their tents there! then u would've seen the camp! :D

T

Tesla Monkor

You can't own camps. You can't own mobs.

They have as much right to be there as you do - The only rule put down by GOA/Mythic is that they are not allowed to hit mobs that you are CURRENTLY fighting. :)

L

lakih

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
You can't own camps. You can't own mobs.

They have as much right to be there as you do - The only rule put down by GOA/Mythic is that they are not allowed to hit mobs that you are CURRENTLY fighting. :)

Totaly agree, but its considerd good manners not pulling from a camp without asking the person who is currently pulling there first. (hmmm... hope that made sense)

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by lakih
Totaly agree, but its considerd good manners not pulling from a camp without asking the person who is currently pulling there first. (hmmm... hope that made sense)
Since when were good manners part of DAoC? :p I seem to faintly remember something about people being nice to each other in hib/pryd but that all ended a long time ago :)

L

lakih

Originally posted by Jonaldo
Since when were good manners part of DAoC? :p I seem to faintly remember something about people being nice to each other in hib/pryd but that all ended a long time ago :)
I live in a dreamworld. kk? :p

A

amazingsteve

Originally posted by lakih

he wasn't pulling there when they arrived though :)

T

Twaize

I also once wen't to hunt at a place close to caer sidi but on our way (pala speed) someone ran by us using sos, so we took a short-cut and since we made itfirst they said we cheated and they would report us. ??? how silly can u be?

P

PJS

Dont you just love it when you come into visual range of someone sat near some mobs and "camped" appears in your chat window before youve even stopped moving or come anywhere near them. Personally I find that extremely rude. Its even more hilarious when its a massive spawn that 1 grp couldnt possibly clear but they still want to have it all to themself.
Dont sugar coat it, say what you really mean ie. "**** off every mob I can see from here is mine"

Lol at people who place a "grey con towel" on their "mob sunbed" to try and keep it when they want to go somewhere else for a while.

left to go upstairs to get rebuffed
Which patch made buffing altitude dependent? Unlikely, more like left to pull from another spot while waiting for repops and then make up some rubbish when someone arrives at a spot they left.

"oh sorry, we didn't see the note you left and we'll leave of course."???
Unfortunately that is exactly what they expect you to say. Hence the abuse when you didnt say that immediately.

R

Roo Stercogburn

PJS, hulks are slow spawning mobs that barely support one group. Hardly claiming the entire dungeon. Tbh if more than one group camps it, then you're looking at a lot of time between pulls ;)

Agreed though, if you just get spammed with "Camped" that is rude on the part of the people that are already there. Courtesy works both ways.

I think if you've camped a place and left for any reason at all, you've lost the camp. Usually when I've been in groups that lose a camp spot its when someone decides to log and we go get a replacement. Come back to previous spot and someone is there. Shrug, wish them well, move on.

I know that in terms of the CoC you can pull anything and everything that someone else isn't hitting, but in practical terms this just doesn't work for the majority of players.

What I sometimes see is someone trying to claim both Hulks and Knights as they switch back and forward when the Hulk spawn empties. I laugh like a loon and just pull whatever area they're currently not on :)

Because some players would probably try to claim an entire zone, and they'd have to clearly delineate official camp spots, camp times etc, no MMORPG provider in their right mind is going to say that you can claim a camp spot. Its also unlikely they don't realise that camping a spot is the only way to get efficient xp/cash for the majority of groups. There's only a few areas I've found that are worth moving around a lot (Tar Suil in Hib SI being an example) and another obvious example is the DF hallways where you can roam if the diamond spots are camped.

Claiming an area you left, as said in the topic, is just plain silly.

M

Meddic

Have to agree. A lot of the classes in this game requires a certain amout of cooperation and helpfulness from other players in the realm. For this reason , it can only benefit you to have the good manners and ask before you pull from a camp with ppl already on it. But they have to be ON IT. Not aproaching it, not coming back to it, but there at the very LEAST within nuke range to pull mobs.

I also agree 100% with the comment above about grps laying claim to large camps that they cannot handle, or have more mobs in them than 1FG could shake a staff at. For example the knights camp in DF. It really works on my nerves to arrive here with 1FG only to find that it's being camped by a solo player and his bot.
The knights spot in my opinion is one of the few in DF that drops enough Dimond seals, at a fast enough rate, to support an FG with anything like a decent split, and its being wtfpwned by 1 player.

Ppl might disagree with me about this but I just think its a compleate waste of a camp spot.

A

ashitaka

Why don't you mention the part where you pulled from Knights room and had one afk alt in hulk room to keep the whole place "camped". Eat me. I couldn't care less what you thinked about me, but its not YOUR camp. Sue me!

And I've met other people like this, quite alot actually. A really famous spot for source of arguement is Hulks, Knights, Princess and Barrows. Greedy mofo's.. Example: I entered princess area with my Minstrel, solo. Level 47. Wow how fast can I pull? Was a dead group there and immediately I got PM's "wtf m8 we are pulling here" etc. It took them over 30 minutes to get a ress, get rebuffed, get their minstrel a pet and start pulling again. But the camp was theirs none theless! Makes you think what the hell is wrong with people.

As for the discussion we had, Yeah, I got nasty, cause I can't be assed to stand for patronising twats like yourself. G'day.

C

Chrystina

Originally posted by ashitaka
Why don't you mention the part where you pulled from Knights room and had one afk alt in hulk room to keep the whole place "camped". Eat me. I couldn't care less what you thinked about me, but its not YOUR camp. Sue me!
erm, that "afk" char would have been me and our healer, waiting for the others to bring some knights into hulk room while waiting for the hulks to pop again. we didn't run to knights, fight and run back to hulks. nothing wrong with sending one guy to check if the other mobs are free and get some action done while waiting for another hulk pop, now is there? why didn't you guys just take over the knights? there are enuff mobs for everyone ...

D

Driwen

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok
Screenshot

->

Rightnow

->

At ease

get mail back from rightnow that you can only claim the mobs you are currently fighting :p.

C

Chrystina

erm, to get the situation straight: we arrived at hulks, place was empty (except for the mobs, doh), we started pulling, a few minutes later the others arrived, claimed they were here before us, blabla (see other post), then they left (i dunno where they went and honestly don't care) ...
then during a spawn pause 2-3 from our guys went to check if knights are free (which they were, no sign of other players) and fetch one or two to keep us busy. me and our cleric waited @ hulks for them to come back with the mobs and also keep an eye on hulk pops ...
during the 2nd or 3rd spawn pause Naagauk and another guy came into hulks room, looked around, said something i can't remember (i think it was rude anyway) and left ... we never claimed the knights or anything (unlike they tried before), we just made use of the available mobs while _noone_ else was around.
i mean, Naagauk just came into the room, said something (possibly rude) and left right away and now he accuses us of "claiming" 2 spots? erm, hello? a simple "are you guys doing hulks or knights?", "we do hulks, just pulled a few knights while waiting for respawn, you can have the knights, no problem" would have done the trick without any hassle... just running around, cursing and being rude doesn't lead anywhere but such situations. tbh that was the first and only time ever in df i encountered such a situation (and it was the 1st and only time i came accross Naagauk, coincidence?) ... some people :-/
time to enable chat-log all the time i think to avoid problems with such bullies in the future...

D

Driwen

Chrystina tbh in most cases its both people being rude in the start. One of your groupmates saying something you dont see as rude and they do and the other way around. After that the two groups just get pissed off and wont be able to settle anything.

For example you could have been the wiser one and just gone to the knights or pointed it out to them that knights was free and that they could have gone there.

Off course they could have been assholes, but its rare that only one person is to blame in such a situation. Besides this about something that happened almost 2 weeks ago and is probably something rare for both groups :p.

C

Chrystina

oh well ... i dunno what the other group member said, true ... but it being a guild grp with all nice ppl i can't imagine they said anything offensive in the first place ...
anyway, it's just a game ... no need to get all stressed out about it, right?
and since i'm a nice person (honestly!) i'd like to offer Naagauk a nice 99% af102 chain hauberk as xmas present so he can get over the fact that we "took" the camp he left to get rebuffed (and next time bring your bb's with you, ok?) :fluffle:

A

ashitaka

Chrystina, you obviously don't understand.. me and my friend had been at that spot for 2-3 hours, then our buffer went LD so we had to rebuff, when we was on our way back you all sprinted to get there before us or something, which is really retarded. And saying that you ownd that spot because you was there first is crap, since there's been thousands of people there before you, only they "are doing something else for the moment!" or whatever.

Besides that rule you're babling about is an unwritten rule, written by players. It doesn't say anywhere that its illegal to pull at the same camp, and the fact that most people are to greedy to share is why this rule is beeing used. If ever you encounter someone who don't like your rules - too bad - you can't do anything else but accept it and respect eachother.

And that rude stuff you're talking about.. I can't really remember what was said, but I was speak to my friend that stood next to me, in our language.. and I got annoyed and probably said something, but as I recall it wasn't anything serious..

Either way, coming to BarrysWhine to tell everyone what an a-hole mr. Naagauk is, is probably the first thing on the stupid-things-to-do-in-this-situation-list. Grow up, (YES! THAT coming from ME).

C

Chrystina

ok, NOW it is getting really funny...

Chrystina, you obviously don't understand.. me and my friend had been at that spot for 2-3 hours, then our buffer went LD so we had to rebuff, when we was on our way back you all sprinted to get there before us or something, which is really retarded.
erm, is it a crime to run around with speed in df? if yes, please hand me a speeding ticked next time you see me...
And saying that you ownd that spot because you was there first is crap, since there's been thousands of people there before you, only they "are doing something else for the moment!" or whatever.
erm, we never said anything like this, hello? don't put words in my mouth, ok? we arrived at an _empty_ place and started pulling. after 5-6 pulls you guys showed up and claimed it's yours, doh... and when you cam back the 2nd time you guys just ran in, said something and ran off again...
Besides that rule you're babling about is an unwritten rule, written by players. It doesn't say anywhere that its illegal to pull at the same camp, and the fact that most people are to greedy to share is why this rule is beeing used. If ever you encounter someone who don't like your rules - too bad - you can't do anything else but accept it and respect eachother.
huh? what are you on about now? what rule? i never mentioned any rule, now did i?
And that rude stuff you're talking about.. I can't really remember what was said, but I was speak to my friend that stood next to me, in our language.. and I got annoyed and probably said something, but as I recall it wasn't anything serious..
well... i consider using swear words out of the blue and when asked in /send what the problem is as being rude ...
Either way, coming to BarrysWhine to tell everyone what an a-hole mr. Naagauk is, is probably the first thing on the stupid-things-to-do-in-this-situation-list. Grow up, (YES! THAT coming from ME).
i offered peace but you came up with even more dull stuff to moan about and you even started to make things up and put words in my mouth ... and actually it wasn't a whine, all i wanted to know was what other ppl think of people who turn up and try to re-claim a camp after they left it for whatever reason. no more, no less...
if you need to go on and on about it to boost your ego or post count or whatever, feel free to do so ... i'm not helping you with it as this is turning ridicilous now and the topic is over for me and i have better things to do than to anticipate in another into-a-pointless-flame-whine-tread turned "conversation" :) good day to you

A

amazingsteve

lol, out of arguements so start attacking her real life, very strong m8 :great:

xDDD

A

ashitaka

Originally posted by amazingsteve
lol, out of arguements so start attacking her real life, very strong m8 :great:

xDDD

No, I got tired of some random noob whining and making up excuses and talking gibberish. I assumed she/he is a bitch IRL aswell.

T

the_fnord

ashitaka would be the bitch in this thread tbh! :p

And no! Bitches don't get any cheese! :p

F

filofax

You are really a bitch irl aren't you?

Please go see a healer I do think someone might have dropped
you on the head as a child.

K

kain_pravus

I have to agree with Chrystina here, if you leave a spot then you lose that spot... I've had people try to do this to me, but they just get ignored.

I can't believe the ego of some people.

Users who are viewing this thread