Left Axe?

S

SilverHood

My SB is coming of age, and will soon be able to play in Thidranki...

I was wondering about LA, more specifically, whats the chance to hit based on? All STR like other melee weapons, or is it 1/2 dex based too?

Also, how much does each extra spec point improve your chance to hit?

And does speccing Axe increase your damage on left axe?

K

klavrynd

Laxe is 100% strength as it is a "normal" axe

Afaik nor chances to-hit nor style bonus is not added to the left axe, but your offhand axe ALLWAYS swings

Laxe works a bit like 2handed or cs.
You main hand weapon spec gives you the base damage and damage variance for your main hand. laxe styles just give you extra styles, from which the style damage adds only to your main hand.

When wielding a left axe, each axe does 60% + 0.5%/spec level base damage, so using a left axe lowly or not trained at all is a performance decrease, even though you swing two weapons.

O

old.tuppe

just one point more, laxe styles is sharing most damage.
pole´s and other do maybe more but they hit slower, when you do little over 3 second allmost same.

B

Blood

The big benefit from Leftaxe is simply to speed up your main hand, while not lowering neither damage, or style damage.

4.2 spd db axe in main hand, alone its doing 100 damage and +150 style damage, at 4.2 spd (other speed modifiers disregarded)

With a 4.2 spd db axe in main hand, AND a 2.4 spd hand axe in your left hand, you now swing at (4.2+2.4)/2 = 3.3 you are still doing 100 + 150 damage, and 45 damage with the left axe.

As far as i know, this makes the axe/hammer/sword + leftaxe the highest damage over time potential in midgard (since midgard only gets 15% bonus from 2h weapons (compared to 40% in alb and hib).

With damage adds Leftaxe absolutely rocks.

Users who are viewing this thread