Leeds/Reading Festival

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Conchabar said:
people like u make me sick the voice of society undermining the individualists of the comunity.. i take it uve never done weed and think its a product of satan i pity u poor sober fool confined by the rigorous conduct of society :puke:

LOL!

undermining the individualists? am not trying to do that at all, just annoys me that alot of "kiddies" today think its "hip" to smoke weed just for the sake of it or because their mates are doing it...i got the same problem with my Step Son

Poor sober fool?....oh my what a rebel we are !

Product of Satan ...oh please he does far far better products than weed !

I did weed in my younger days and its a waste of money and if you need ur daily fix of it then ur lacking something that you feel weed makes up for

Conchabar said:
i dont suppose u realise alot of adults smoke it to for pains or other illnesses that weed can help morron

Of course i do and thats a totally different matter when compared to the "kiddies" who smoke it to be "cool"

Those adults take it for medicinal purposes not to be cool or to get high

But you carry on fitting in with ur "in crowd" and reeling off those super speeches

:clap:

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
NeonBlue said:
LOL!

undermining the individualists? am not trying to do that at all, just annoys me that alot of "kiddies" today think its "hip" to smoke weed just for the sake of it or because their mates are doing it...i got the same problem with my Step Son

Poor sober fool?....oh my what a rebel we are !

Product of Satan ...oh please he does far far better products than weed !

I did weed in my younger days and its a waste of money and if you need ur daily fix of it then ur lacking something that you feel weed makes up for

Of course i do and thats a totally different matter when compared to the "kiddies" who smoke it to be "cool"

Those adults take it for medicinal purposes not to be cool or to get high

But you carry on fitting in with ur "in crowd" and reeling off those super speeches

:clap:

imo shut up and dont judge us because we smoke weed, you dont know why i smoke weed and its ntohing to do with you im sick of people like you thinking i smoke weed to be cool, no i smoke herb coz i like herb, its just like eating meat, drinking alcohol, liking a colour, its just a part of me and its not to be cool or to fit in or anything its what i want to do now fuck off.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
imo shut up and dont judge us because we smoke weed, you dont know why i smoke weed and its ntohing to do with you im sick of people like you thinking i smoke weed to be cool, no i smoke herb coz i like herb, its just like eating meat, drinking alcohol, liking a colour, its just a part of me and its not to be cool or to fit in or anything its what i want to do now fuck off.

LOL!

thats the reply i was expecting ages ago

Ive heard that soooooooooooooooooooooooooo many times from weed smokers, its become a " weed smokers standard"

gotta love the rebels !

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
i understand ure veiws and yes i do agree with you on alot of the things... ive seen way to many young stoners doing it because they think its cool if only it was legal this wouldnt need to happen dealers dont care anymore who they deal to.. although for u to judge everyone for smoking weed because of ure own issues with it is harsh.. i my self smoke weed to feel better about my self reach that happy state where all ones worries float away... yes it maybe ignorance or stupidity.. but for u to just point fingers and condem everyone for thinking diffrently how are u better then the next

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
NeonBlue said:
for those that are obviously missing something in their lives they feel the "need" to take it...id seriously look at why you need it

but i wouldnt expect you "kiddies" to understand :p
Shit man wish you could have told me that 16 years ago then this "kiddie" might have listened lol.
Maybe the reason some people "need" to smoke a bit of weed sometimes is being around stressheads like you :)

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Conchabar said:
i understand ure veiws and yes i do agree with you on alot of the things... ive seen way to many young stoners doing it because they think its cool if only it was legal this wouldnt need to happen dealers dont care anymore who they deal to.. although for u to judge everyone for smoking weed because of ure own issues with it is harsh.. i my self smoke weed to feel better about my self reach that happy state where all ones worries float away... yes it maybe ignorance or stupidity.. but for u to just point fingers and condem everyone for thinking diffrently how are u better then the next

aye maybe am being a bit harsh and for that i apologise but i tend to judge everyone the same because everyone ive met who smokes weed is the same and has done nothing to alter or give me a better opinion

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
NeonBlue said:
LOL!

thats the reply i was expecting ages ago

Ive heard that soooooooooooooooooooooooooo many times from weed smokers, its become a " weed smokers standard"

gotta love the rebels !

LOL I WAS EXPECTING YOUR VIEW AS SOON AS THE WORD WEED WAS MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD OMG! :|

i dont care what youve heard so many times or what you think so many times just fuck off and leave those that want to smoke weed to it were not hurting you, and aslong as we aint hurting anyone who cares?

Bejebus just coz i or anyone smokes weed does not mean we wnat to be cool or be hip or rebels, no all it means is we smoke ganja and thats it now shut up. i know smokers that are revolutionarys and i know smokers that aren't so shhhhhhhhhh.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
this weed smoking phaze will die out again soon its only been started up recently i remember when i used to be one out of a few people trying to reach equilibrium.. savage really seen 10 year olds smoke the stuff :< its like the skateboarding revive or the yoyo revive it will die out again soon.. i know what ure getting at though people robbing and stealing to get there fix its nasty and moving on to harder drugs ive seen alot of people do it ah well common sense will always reign strong in me :)

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
export.jpg

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
harebear said:

iirc one of the arguments for cannabis being legalised is that if alcohol was released nower days it wouldnt be allowed, the harm from cannabis is lower so the legalisation of weed should be allowed. i cant remember if this was with alcohol or not but it defiantly is with cigarettes :p

drink = just another thing. if i started talking about alcohol id probably get the same response "Your trying to look cool and hard and hip and rebel" when im not i just enjoy a drink, but i enjoy a smoke more :p, i personally treat weed as if its basically legal anyway because its widely accepted as ok (least thats the view i get most of the time) so i dont think its hardcore to smoke tbh.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
LOL I WAS EXPECTING YOUR VIEW AS SOON AS THE WORD WEED WAS MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD OMG! :|

i dont care what youve heard so many times or what you think so many times just fuck off and leave those that want to smoke weed to it were not hurting you, and aslong as we aint hurting anyone who cares?

Bejebus just coz i or anyone smokes weed does not mean we wnat to be cool or be hip or rebels, no all it means is we smoke ganja and thats it now shut up. i know smokers that are revolutionarys and i know smokers that aren't so shhhhhhhhhh.

LOL bit ratty arent we?

whats up not had ur fix today?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Darksword said:
its just like eating meat, drinking alcohol, liking a colour, its just a part of me and its not to be cool or to fit in or anything its what i want to do now fuck off.

Only thing different is that it's illegal :D

Don't smoke "happygrass" myself, and don't mind people smoking, as long you keep that shit out of my face.

That all.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Conchabar said:
this weed smoking phaze will die out again soon its only been started up recently i remember when i used to be one out of a few people trying to reach equilibrium.. savage really seen 10 year olds smoke the stuff :< its like the skateboarding revive or the yoyo revive it will die out again soon.. i know what ure getting at though people robbing and stealing to get there fix its nasty and moving on to harder drugs ive seen alot of people do it ah well common sense will always reign strong in me :)

Am sure it will, along with every other craze that seems to hit the UK lately..its just the damage it causes in the mean time

Am all for "each to their own" and if someone wants to smoke weed then go for it,aslong as it doesnt hurt those dear to me.

But ppl like Darksword with their "rebel" attitude make me laugh

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Thought about going at last min as I live down the road atm...60 quid for a fucking day ticket?! Cost about 30 quid for whole weekend last time I went (1988/89 can't remember). That's not just inflation.

Most of that will be paying policing, security etc. Would rather pay less and still be able to riot and throw bottles of piss about. Progress I guess.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
NeonBlue said:
Am sure it will, along with every other craze that seems to hit the UK lately..its just the damage it causes in the mean time

Am all for "each to their own" and if someone wants to smoke weed then go for it,aslong as it doesnt hurt those dear to me.

But ppl like Darksword with their "rebel" attitude make me laugh

what rebel attitude?

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Leeds festival out of 10 gets a 12 easy :D FUCKING LOVED IT!

For me kings of leon was the best set and was the best thing i could have watched ever since ive been wanting to see them since i first listened to them (which was AGES ago but could only guess like 2years 2.5 years ago or something i think). it was just amazing and i really wish everyone that likes them could have been there, i wish theyd played wicker chair but i really wasnt expecting it. Was brilliant :).

i dont remember much of thursday friday saturday but i really enjoyed pretty much everything i saw like mylo, m.i.a (was such a good set considering i hadnt really listened to her before) blackalicious and buck 65's set was really good aswell tho i wanted to hit him coz musically he is great but he anoys me. i also watched akala and roots manuva, both great but with a small crowd, with akala that seemed to benefit him, as for roots manuva i just remember it being amazing. was disapointed by kano tbh. but all in all i loved hte weekend.

the camping was ofc fun, but hated the security, i know its there job but sucks, the festival seems to be getting more strict and shit aswell :( heard alot of people had weed taken off them, we even lost a small deal coz my mates stupid :p

definatly going again next year again.

oh and yeh the prices have gone way up but what can you expect with more demand etc.

Danhyr

Fledgling Freddie
back from readin great weekend iron maiden rocked

just some twat decided to take a drum kit to the festival in his van and was playing it all fucking night!!!! every night!!!

arghhhhhhhhh

Tired, Dirty, Smelly, Cold, But Happy

Dan

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
What an absolutely fucking excellent weekend. :D

I missed My Chemical Romance and Turbonegro (Pissed me off) however the rest of the bands on the friday were pretty good, although finishing up with Marilyn manson and Iron Maiden was the best part, was right in the crowd getting crushed but having a whale of a time.

Saturday was a bit meh, stayed up until the Killers but missed Pixies since we had other business to attend to in the shape of hitting one of the 120cm Killer bongs you could buy, our group became known to the shop as the Big Bong People, Yay.

Sunday was great, Kings of Leon then Foo Fighters, the amount of crowd surfers during Foo Fighters was crazy, most of them pretty drunk, ended up smacking a drunken idiot in the goolies who ended up kicking me in the face while he was crowd surfing, had enough of them by that point, however I did get a face full of breastrs when a girl came over, that was fun. :p

All in all, great weekend, wasn't sober at any point but can vividly remember pretty much all of it so it be reet!

I'm definately going next year too!

Also the shops there rock, not so much the food since its extortionate, but the equipment you can get is actually cheaper, the bong cost us £40 in total, the normal price for it is near on 60 quid from what ive seen and I bought myself a portable rolling tray for a tenner and its worth nearly 20 quid.

Oh yes and the patch work quilts you could get rocked, kept me nice and toasty when watching dodgeball. :D

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Sharma said:
What an absolutely fucking excellent weekend. :D

I missed My Chemical Romance and Turbonegro (Pissed me off) however the rest of the bands on the friday were pretty good, although finishing up with Marilyn manson and Iron Maiden was the best part, was right in the crowd getting crushed but having a whale of a time.

Saturday was a bit meh, stayed up until the Killers but missed Pixies since we had other business to attend to in the shape of hitting one of the 120cm Killer bongs you could buy, our group became known to the shop as the Big Bong People, Yay.

Sunday was great, Kings of Leon then Foo Fighters, the amount of crowd surfers during Foo Fighters was crazy, most of them pretty drunk, ended up smacking a drunken idiot in the goolies who ended up kicking me in the face while he was crowd surfing, had enough of them by that point, however I did get a face full of breastrs when a girl came over, that was fun. :p

All in all, great weekend, wasn't sober at any point but can vividly remember pretty much all of it so it be reet!

I'm definately going next year too!

Also the shops there rock, not so much the food since its extortionate, but the equipment you can get is actually cheaper, the bong cost us £40 in total, the normal price for it is near on 60 quid from what ive seen and I bought myself a portable rolling tray for a tenner and its worth nearly 20 quid.

Oh yes and the patch work quilts you could get rocked, kept me nice and toasty when watching dodgeball. :D

lol yeh i got a honcho :D no one would come to watch dodgeball with me and i had a fuck off headache on saturday night so just chilled :p.

ended up watching marilyn manson by myself coz i lost my mates and they were at the bar but was ok coz i ran into a girl i like but only got to talk to her for a minute coz i had to get a drink and forgot to ask her where her camp was (fone battery was dead all weekend coz i didnt know there wasnt a recharge tent so i was kinda relying on that).

turbonegro were fucking class, i didnt like my chemical romance much tho, i missed iron maiden coz my mates a dickhead :p lol but yeh the pixies were amazing aswell tho they shoulda played the songs in a different order imo.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
The music sounds very poor at festivals like that. Generally the equipment is rushed on to stage, badly arranged and poor acoustic design. I guess its okay if you like pop music tho as you get alot of bands trying to cram in to a relatively short time. Still they can be a bit of an experience im sure especially for the younger generation who are just gettin into music. Otherwise smaller festivals like all tomorrows parties are far better and have a much better more relaxed vibe.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
The music sounds very poor at festivals like that. Generally the equipment is rushed on to stage, badly arranged and poor acoustic design. I guess its okay if you like pop music tho as you get alot of bands trying to cram in to a relatively short time. Still they can be a bit of an experience im sure especially for the younger generation who are just gettin into music. Otherwise smaller festivals like all tomorrows parties are far better and have a much better more relaxed vibe.

You are both patronising and misinformed.

Acoustically they get it just right this year; the exceptions being My Chemical Romance and All-American Rejects, for which I managed to stand in a dead zone; DOH!

Fucking amazing weekend, I saw almost everything on main stage, along with Kasabian (wow), Bloc Party, My Chemical Romance and many more in the NME arena. Haven't had a festival quite like it.

Favourite was probably Funeral for a Friend or Kasabian - but every spine tingling moment was amazing.

Can't wait for next year!

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
I guess maybe this year was different, but for about 3-4 previous festivals in a row the sound quality was festival standard (i.e. sounds good if you are in the 'pit' but too much feedback everywhere else). Im not saying its not a good time, im sure it was, just as you get older the focus gets more on the music and less on NME pop and rubbin up against girls in the mosh ;) and in my experience that is the norm for large festivals..

Marc

FH is my second home
eggy said:
You are both patronising and misinformed.

Acoustically they get it just right this year; the exceptions being My Chemical Romance and All-American Rejects, for which I managed to stand in a dead zone; DOH!

Fucking amazing weekend, I saw almost everything on main stage, along with Kasabian (wow), Bloc Party, My Chemical Romance and many more in the NME arena. Haven't had a festival quite like it.

Favourite was probably Funeral for a Friend or Kasabian - but every spine tingling moment was amazing.

Can't wait for next year!

Rod, im gonna come with u next year <3

youngbaba

Fledgling Freddie
Best set had to be Queens or Incubus (that guy has the best voice ever) imo

The rest were great tho, Bloc Party, Iron Maiden (ofc), KoL, Manson etc. Was in the thick of it for Queens and its fucking rocked, but everyone got a bit violent for Killers lol (indie ftw!). Was on the barrier for MCR, but they soook

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
Can't believe no-one's mentioned goldie lookin chain - I nearly pissed myself when they sang "I wanna fuck ya sister" - safe as fuck ;) Just wish I could remember the lyrics to annoy the missus with...

On the real music front, Killers were excellent as were Maximo Park (way better live than their cd hints tbh) Arctic Monkeys absolutely rocked as always, with half of sheffield in the tent. Maiden rocked in a comedy way but I was beyond trolleyed at that stage.
Some of the bands I didnt rate much before I saw them but will be checking them out again are Youth Group, the Rakes & Do Me Bad Things (How many singers, hehe).

All in all was an excellent weekend of music - glad those others that went had fun also.

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
anyone catch DJ Format, Dreadzone or Four Tet?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
NeonBlue said:
for those that are obviously missing something in their lives they feel the "need" to take it...id seriously look at why you need it

but i wouldnt expect you "kiddies" to understand :p

Isn't life a drug?

:m00:

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
lol lol lol lol my chemical romance hahahahahahaha aww thats the funniest thing ive heard all day jeez get some taste :touch:

Munkyman OFC

Fledgling Freddie
Conchabar said:
lol lol lol lol my chemical romance hahahahahahaha aww thats the funniest thing ive heard all day jeez get some taste :touch:

:clap: :worthy: :fluffle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom