Leeds gone from bad to worse(football)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Taking bets on Leeds winning 9-0 now that 10 point deduction has been taken

Cozak

Part of the furniture
What does a cordless drill and the championship have in common?

They both have no Leeds, hurr.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
damn, makes this sunday less exciting :(

going to see Hull v Plymouth too ;)

soze

I am a FH squatter
If they have done this now to take the 10point hit this season instead of next its very cleaver

Krait

Fledgling Freddie
If they have done this now to take the 10point hit this season instead of next its very cleaver

Indeed !

Now we'll have all the off-season to hopefully sort everything out.

and

go up as champions :p

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
wasnt that long ago Leeds v Notts Forest woulda been a TOP premiership match... now... erm..

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
wasnt that long ago Leeds v Notts Forest woulda been a TOP premiership match... now... erm..

It'll be a top League 1 match :england: assuming Notts Forest don't go up.

Admin is the best thing to happen to Leeds. Wipe the debts away, do it this season when we are relegated anyway so that the 10 point deduction is this season not next. If we'd have stayed up, we would still have gone into Admin.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Aye best thing for Leeds, get the points docked now get rid of all the over payed players and start rebuilding the club.

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
Indeed !

Now we'll have all the off-season to hopefully sort everything out.

and

go up as champions :p

My beloved Forest said that when we went down. We struggled and still not guaranteed a return to the Championship. Manchester City struggled in it. Sheffield Wednesday struggled to get back out. Millwall claimed they would go straight back up as champions this season. Ended up mid table. League One is a hard league to win, and you may find that you will struggle, especially as you will have to sell assets to sort out that debt and also if you have players on large wages.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
My beloved Forest said that when we went down. We struggled and still not guaranteed a return to the Championship. Manchester City struggled in it. Sheffield Wednesday struggled to get back out. Millwall claimed they would go straight back up as champions this season. Ended up mid table. League One is a hard league to win, and you may find that you will struggle, especially as you will have to sell assets to sort out that debt and also if you have players on large wages.

Yeah, its a difficult league. Leeds will be playing in 46 cup finals next season. For some of the clubs and players going to Elland Road or having Leeds turn up at their ground, regardless of whether it is a Division 3 league match, it will be their game of the season. I know some supporters of clubs in this division and its the game they are already looking forward to.

But, Man City are a big club and they got out after 1 season. Sheff Wed are a big club and they did it also. Millwall are not a big club, Division 2/3 is their level so its easy to see why they are not getting out of it so easy.

Going into admin removes a lot of debt, I think most of the former players had been paid off anyway but there was some big payouts still to come, the inland revenue being one of them. So hopefully the club can start with a cleanish slate next season. Some of the players will leave this summer, the likes of Healy (a prem club will come in for him, maybe the Sheff U or Fulham).

And to anyone crying foul about doing it this season to avoid the 10 point deduction next seasion, if it was your club did it you would be glad they did it this season and not next. Last season Rotherham were ready with the papers to send to the Football League if it looked like they were going to lose their last match, the won it, stayed up, and went into admin afterwards taking the 10 points off this season. Sadly it didn't work out for them and they got relegated this season but there is no way they would have gone into admin after relegation to Division 4 because that would have opened up the prospect of being relegated to the Conference.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Just watched a BBc report on the issue. Its sad. The club has NOTHING left.

All the decent players are out of contract, the ground has been sold, training facilities gone. Even the area around Elland Road is owned by Leeds City Coucil!

Out of the current crop of players, there is only Healy that someone would pay top money for, say 5-6 million pounds. Laugh all you want, but with a scoring record like his, I can see a team like Man City, Middlesborough or even Portsmouth have a flutter on him, depending on qualification to Europe.

And tbh, unless Bates lowers ticket prices, crowds are going to dwindle. I stopped going the season before last as they were charging Premiership prices, ie 25 quid upwards, for Championship football.

Imo, now we are down and debts gone, lower prices to 15 quid, with maybe £25 for one of the bigger teams in that division like Forest. I know if they were that low, im sure you would get more than 20 thousand people per match

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Healy wont get 5-6mil - Leeds are gonna be screwed over to sell him - they cant afford to keep him and big clubs wont pay top dollar to a team desperate for cash tbh. Could be a long time before Leeds see top flight football again, just because they are a big name doesnt mean they will pwn in the 1st div. Sheffield Wednesday never came back, Forrest etc, doooo0m I fear for teh Elland Road crowd.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Healy will be 2m tops. However, the debts are all but gone the pressure to sell will be less but Healy will want to leave and a player of his quality shouldn't be playing in the 3rd division anyway.

Wednesday had a lot of debt that they worked their way through, they are now back in the Championship and are looking comfortable, I don't think it will be too long before they are challenging to be in the Premiership and maybe even get there, they would be favs to go back down though. Leeds will be the same, it will be rough for a few more years but the big clubs always end up back at the top.

There is however a world of difference between Leeds being able to be in the Premiership and then actually challenging for the title. We are a long way off that ever happening, in fact I doubt we will ever get back to that status. There are mini leagues within the Premiership alone, the top 4 (Man U, Pool, Arse and Chelski), then the next league starts at number 5 down to about the bottom 6. I would have put all the current bottom 6 in that division except for West Ham. Thats the way the premiership works these days.

The best case scenario for Leeds at the moment as I see it is that we can be back in the Championship within 3 years and then the Premiership after another 3. But who knows we may do a Man City and do 2 promotions in a row, doubt it though.

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
Healy will be 2m tops. However, the debts are all but gone the pressure to sell will be less but Healy will want to leave and a player of his quality shouldn't be playing in the 3rd division anyway.

Wednesday had a lot of debt that they worked their way through, they are now back in the Championship and are looking comfortable, I don't think it will be too long before they are challenging to be in the Premiership and maybe even get there, they would be favs to go back down though. Leeds will be the same, it will be rough for a few more years but the big clubs always end up back at the top.

There is however a world of difference between Leeds being able to be in the Premiership and then actually challenging for the title. We are a long way off that ever happening, in fact I doubt we will ever get back to that status. There are mini leagues within the Premiership alone, the top 4 (Man U, Pool, Arse and Chelski), then the next league starts at number 5 down to about the bottom 6. I would have put all the current bottom 6 in that division except for West Ham. Thats the way the premiership works these days.

The best case scenario for Leeds at the moment as I see it is that we can be back in the Championship within 3 years and then the Premiership after another 3. But who knows we may do a Man City and do 2 promotions in a row, doubt it though.

Good to see some one that is realistic, though maybe not all debts have completely gone. There will still need to be a big restructure at the club, especially like I said if there are many players on high wages. The parachute payment for going down from the Premiership have gone, gate numbers will drop (especially if you spend more than one season down, which is what will most likely happen), T.V. money is scarce down here too. Oh, and also you will have to look forward to the Johnstone's Paint Trophy and entry in the the F.A. Cup at the First Round.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Oh, and also you will have to look forward to the Johnstone's Paint Trophy and entry in the the F.A. Cup at the First Round.

Will mean that we will have more trophies than Newcastle if we win the Paint trophy!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Well, you can't make an omelet without breaking eggs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom