Leeds Festival

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
Hey, im interested in buying a ticket and might get one off ebay. I've never been to a festival and well my main concern is will I be definatly camping with my friends or could I be shoved on a spot somewhere on my own in the middle of a load of chav-scum? :p

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
You can camp where ever you like in the camp site as long as you can find a spot. No one tells you where to camp.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Quite frankly, you camp wherever you drop your tent, there's no other way about it, and if the last two years are anything to go by, yes, doesn't really matter where you go, it'll likely have a bunch of chavs about.

On a side note, the Leeds lineup is dire this year, there are so few bands that interest me it's unreal, plus, what in the name of fck are slayer doing there between Bullet for my Valentine and My Chemical Romance, oh dear god are those emo's in for a shock if/when they meet the Slayer fans in the pit (read: They're going to have the living shit beaten out of them). Should've been at Download, much more at home there me'dhavethought.

The only band I reallyreally want to see there is Muse, they were incredible in 2002, but since i'm already off to see them in November, it's no biggy.

I can't remember which camp we were in last year but believe me, if you camp close to the Arena you'll be dusted to oblivion, and please, please try to avoid camping nearby the rides as I did a coupla years ago, you'll never sleep, whether you want to or not.

Edit, looking at the map I'd probably recommend the inner edges of Red or Orange camp, not so far you'd die walking to the arena, but not exactly far either, must be what, a 20 minute walk.

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
As I only really want to see Muse I am thinking about getting a sunday day ticket instead :p

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
I'm going anyway, I probably wouldnt see you anyway because i'll be too wasted to notice.

Yay.

Personally I quite like the line-up this year but I want to go throw a heavy blunt object at Aiden, Dashboard Confessional and Panic! At the disco, they deserve nothing more but to have their heads smashed into little pieces. :eek:

mank!

Part of the furniture
the lineup is fucking dire, i swear it gets worse every year.

there's only two bands i'd pay to see - belle & sebastian and the fall. utterly dismal, it's gonna be full of emo kiddies.

festivals are generally rubbish, truck had the best lineup but it sold out in record time :/

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
I hope those emo kiddies are all 16+ ;)

Im going for the weekend now, bought ticket from ebay, hopefully get it in morning, or get scammed by a nigerian.

I want to see Belle & Sebastian too which is on sat. Im not too bothered about anything on friday, maybe i'll go shopping in leeds.. :p

Sharma we can only meet if you promise not to kill me :(

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
any of you bastards going to cream fields this year btw?

i was going to then realised i cant afford it.

prodigy on main stage ftw :(

dysfunction

FH is my second home
tris- said:

No but you you have a barbed wire coverd dildo rammed up your ass which would be the same thing really...

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
tris- said:

I will be there. Like you say, Prodigy on the main stage and DJ Shadow in the Chibuku tent. I cannot fucking wait.

Plus dysfunction won't be there, which is a good an advert for a festival as I can think of.

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
Two questions from an old man...

what is an "emo"?
what is "dusted"?

cheers

Lest

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tdc is a veritable casserole of delight!

tris-

Lester said:
Two questions from an old man...

what is an "emo"?

emo
6982 up, 2871 down

"An entire subculture of people (usually angsty teens) with a fake personality. The concept of Emo is actually a vicious cycle that never ends, to the utter failing of humanity, and it goes something like this:

1. Girls say they like "sensitive guys" (lie)
2. Guy finds out, so he listens to faggy emo music and dresses like a dork so chicks will see that he is sensitive and not afraid to express himself (lie). He dyes his hair black, wraps himself in a stupid looking scarf, develops an eating disorder, and rants about how "nobody understands".
3. Now an emo guy, he meets Emo chick and they start dating, talking about how their well-off suburban lifestyles are terrible and depressing (lie)
4. Emo guy is just too much of a pussy. His penis is too small, he's too depressed to bathe, and has more mood swings than emo chick, and he doesn't even have a menstrual cycle. Emo chick dumps him, saying "It's not you, it's me." (lie) as she drives off with Wayne, the school jock and captain of the football team.
5. Emo guy goes home and cries, proceeds to write a weak song and strum a single string on his acoustic guitar. Another emo chick sees how he is so in touch with his feelings, and the cycle continues.

This is the sad truth of the emo lifestyle/music, and now that I look at how pathetic it really is, maybe the emos DO have something to cry about!

When she sees how sensitive and emo I have become, she'll definately go out with me!"

TdC

you're basicly saying that emo's get lots of action aren't you?

tris-

TdC said:
you're basicly saying that emo's get lots of action aren't you?

read it properly!

an emo boys dick is too small. they simply find females to be depressed with :eek:

TdC

aha, whereas I, a manly man, just get depressed by females (occasionally). a valid point young tris. plus I'm hung like a donkey ofc.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Ch3tan said:
Bodhi is probably always duted

Mobius is an emo

Just most of the time.

(Still don't know what it means mind)

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Ch3tan said:
Mobius is an emo

Poppycock! I haven't worn a scarf since I was 9, my penis is perfectly adequate, and I bathe twice a day to alleviate boredom. I live in a static home with my grandmother in the real life equivalent of Royston Vasey. I could be emo out here, but frankly I don't think these inbreds would see it as a cry for help.

Although I do frequent myspace daily, perusing sexy emo girls profiles. :(

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
Amazing. It was raining so hard and all I had is a tshirt during Muse, but my god it was worth it.

mank!

Part of the furniture
HE IS NOT APPRECIATED

as if earl would have gone to see the fall!

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Am i the only one left wondering what happend to the rest of earls clothes?

I am quite certain that it didn't have anything to do with a female though ;)

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
I only took one jumper and threw that to the crowd. :p

I didn't see The Fall, was busy getting drunk/food ready for Feeder/Streets/Arctic Monkeys/Muse :(

Had a brilliant time, got to wear a dress from oxfam, and am buying next years tickets tomorrow. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom