le interpipes say Mozilla will start showing ads in Firefox

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
as per a Dutch tweakers site. Apparently it's only on the tiles page, but still ads is ads and it's not been needed for 16 years. The fact that FF will be piping ads through on specific pages bodes ill for the compatibility with the ad-blockers imo. What say you?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The tiles page being what you see when you open a new tab? If so, I use the Speed Dial extension so I'm not sure I'll notice.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I used Opera when I had the Surface and I rather liked it, especially now they have put proper bloody bookmarks and a manager back in it so if FF do this I shall get rid of it and use Opera again. Hmmmm I might just do that now anyway.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That would be an exceptionally shit decision if it's true

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
It's a shit idea but understandable since they get all their funding from Google currently. If that agreement is ever terminated they have to look at alternatives. If they did it and there's no option to disable, it's 100% guaranteed someone will recompile the code with the ad stuff taken out.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Trem's not fluffling me. I hear that Plex stuff is catching :eek:

edit: AIDS, I meant AIDS, not Plex. You guys got me all confused :eek:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
@Scouse why do you disagree with the fact I won't be using ff any more if they implement that.

It's not something you can know unless you read my mind?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Scouse why do you disagree with the fact I won't be using ff any more if they implement that.

Seriously?

I hit disagree because the reason you'll stop using it won't stop me.

It's not hard to figure that out. Most people would think that was pretty bleeding obvious. Why do some people get so butthurt by a "disagree" that their brains stop functioning?

Are you going to castigate @Hawkwind for agreeing with you? I mean - what's the point in agreeing with the fact that you won't be using FF any more eh? :rolleyes:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Seriously?

I hit disagree because the reason you'll stop using it won't stop me.

It's not hard to figure that out. Most people would think that was pretty bleeding obvious. Why do some people get so butthurt by a "disagree" that their brains stop functioning?

Are you going to castigate @Hawkwind for agreeing with you? I mean - what's the point in agreeing with the fact that you won't be using FF any more eh? :rolleyes:
You really are defensive. It was just a question.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I use chrome at the moment (with adblock) so not overly bothered. (firefox at work)

Forcing ads wont kill them but it will make a lot of people find work arounds.

It would be great if someone came up with a mod that opens random links and does random searches to screw with other forms of data mining too.

Trem

Yay! I have now disagreed with all the posts apart from my own, why the fuck can't I disagree with myself? I do that all the time in real life :eek:

@Moriath mate, discussion forum (and a heated one most of the time at that), a simple disagree button press is a drop in the ocean surely?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yay! I have now disagreed with all the posts apart from my own, why the fuck can't I disagree with myself? I do that all the time in real life :eek:

@Moriath mate, discussion forum (and a heated one most of the time at that), a simple disagree button press is a drop in the ocean surely?
Thought my reaction was mild compared to your one in the other thread my pot. Lol

Trem

Thought my reaction was mild compared to your one in the other thread my pot. Lol

You reacted to someone pressing a disagree button and wondered if he could read your mind.....because......*gasp*.......he pressed the disagree button. I reacted to someone saying something about something they weren't *getting* you just came across as wanting a falling out with @Scouse on this occasion. Then when Scouse replied you called him defensive.

I think that's what you said, I don't understand the bit at the end about "my pot". Lol

;)

Trem

Now Im coming across as wanting a falling out and I don't so......I'm done.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I used Opera when I had the Surface and I rather liked it, especially now they have put proper bloody bookmarks and a manager back in it so if FF do this I shall get rid of it and use Opera again. Hmmmm I might just do that now anyway.
off topic but how do you rate the Surface? GF wants a Surface Pro 3 for christmas

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I just facepalmed every post on this thread.

Because fuck you that's why.

:D

Trem

off topic but how do you rate the Surface? GF wants a Surface Pro 3 for christmas
Fast, smooth and ultimately a pain in the arse......so very expensive mate. Get a nexus for tablet browsing and a laptop for everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom