LD´s after last patch

Cad

Fledgling Freddie
Hi, i been playing ALb/Prydwen since late february 2004 and never had any problems with ld´s. I play from sweden over Telia ADSL. But 2 weeks ago something happened i started ld like mad, i thought it was just something temporary and after the 5 or 6 ld i stop playing for the evening. Problem is that i keep ld´ing and it doesnt seem to be a temporary problem. I emailed GoA and got told to send them dxdiag, i did that. Then was told to use pingplotter and send report, i done that aswell. Now they dont answer my emails anymore. I have had pingplotter on in the background and gone ld without having a average roundtrip ping of 45. I reinstalled everything on my computer from game to operating system, i used diagnostics tools on my network card and on my computer and i cant find anything wrong.

My question is; does anyone have a solution to this? or does anyone have the same problem as i have since last patch?

I have an AMD athlon 2400+, 1 Gb Ram, Fx5600 Ultra, Asus A7N8X MB.

If anyone has any clues of what problem can be please write it down, if i continue having this problems i must quit playing game cant play when i keep ld´ing. I played for 40 minutes on mid excal without ld.

thanks for help Cad

Cad

Fledgling Freddie
I will post a pingplotter report tomorrow evening, im going away for the day and wont be back til tomorrow. Im gonna let pingplotter run in the background and when i ld im gonna send the report from that session with the ld time marked out on report. Thanks for your reply deadalus

Cad

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
same problems, had about the same time... also lives in sweden, but i have BBB connection... not the same comp specc. tried changing harddrives, re-installing game, drivers ect. adding more cooling, taking away some cooling (wonderd if the power was lacking at a while). switcing cables for other ones.
Also called BBB technical support and asked if they knew if something was fuzzy with the connection, but was nothing they could find atleast.
so if you come up with a sollution that makes it working share with us what you done...

my comp specc is:

3200+ amd, 1024mb twinmos ram, radeon 9600smth 256mb, asus A7v600 mobo.

also use a CNet 8-port switch.

Stranger

Fledgling Freddie
do you use classic client? my bot on classics seems to LD too.. after 15 mins of playing screen freezes and byebye...

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Stranger said:
do you use classic client? my bot on classics seems to LD too.. after 15 mins of playing screen freezes and byebye...

using toa client here atleast. dunno about original poster

Cad

Fledgling Freddie
Cant post pic of pingplotter, pic is 80kb and can only post 40kb. Tried to play today but ld twice within 8 minutes, i have no problems relogging. First time one could see on pingplotter that ping was high when ld, second time there was np sign of bad ping an i ld. So question is still out there, why do i ld so much ???

Cad

Rain

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, now thats spooky, i have the exakt same problem, and its not when i play 2 accounts i go ld(well i prolly do then aswell).. It started 2 weeks ago(this wednesday), im on Telia Adsl aswell. Now, i've virus checked, ad-awared, posted in a dozen forums asking what it can be, ive had suscpisions that its my router(got a DI-604) but when reading this, thats just creepy..You don't happend to live in the southern parts of Stockholm, do you? :x

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Cad said:
Cant post pic of pingplotter, pic is 80kb and can only post 40kb. Tried to play today but ld twice within 8 minutes, i have no problems relogging. First time one could see on pingplotter that ping was high when ld, second time there was np sign of bad ping an i ld. So question is still out there, why do i ld so much ???

Cad

as we both have asus mobos, i guess you have a built in lan-card aswell, disable it and buy a new one, fixed my probs atleast. at Clas Ohlson you will find one for 119 kr if you cba to look for a cheaper one...

Rain

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, have a built in one aswell, could be the problem.. will have to head down to claes ohlson tomorrow ;)

Rain

Fledgling Freddie
Update on that network card issue, no difference from my onboard or PCI one, same problem :(

Cad

Fledgling Freddie
Ill try tomorrow with a new network card see if that sorts my problems. Problem is that i runned diagnostics on network card and it doesnt say that anything is wrong. Also playing cs, using dc or just surfing isnt a problem. I said earlier i tried mid/excal without ld, but tonite when i tried mid/excal i ld there aswell. I live in south of stockholm, so i guess i´ll have a call to make to telia aswell see if they have anything to say about their net.

Thanks for all replys.

Cad

Rain

Fledgling Freddie
If you live near Skogås/trångsund/farsta or some near that, we should call telia and tell em there's more then one having the prob :d

Cad

Fledgling Freddie
i live in farsta =) gonna give them a call today

Rain

Fledgling Freddie
Ah, live in skogås here, not Very far :) Telia told me last time i called that if i knew someone within the area that had the same problem i'd call em again, now i do :)

Btw, did you ever call them? And in that case, what did they say? :)

Cad

Fledgling Freddie
I called them, and gave them ip addresses to the nodes that i think the problem is within, they said they were gonna look into it and send me an e-mail whenever they were done. I think we are on the same nodes, i saw you post a tracert on some thread and think i recognize the IP-addresses of some of the nodes. Hope they sort it for us cause as it is now i cant play game at all, also had a cs-match today and i had a constant loss of betwenn 30 and 60. So right now things looks like it within our ISP and nothing to do with GoA.

Cad

Rain

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks alot for talking to them, i really hope it works out for both of us..this is getting so annoying.

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
pikeh said:
Do you run zonealarm?

I do, does it cause LD's? i noticed that when i run 2 accounts it runs like a dog till i turn ZA off

is there a way to stop this or is it just the way?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Well, i used to have this problem, and going into the zonealarm program manager thingy, i ticked everything that had to with DAoC (allow acces without asking). logged on after and problem seemed to have dissapeared.

Not sure if this is what was causing it, but i didnt change anything else :)

Cad

Fledgling Freddie
I run Norton firewall and antivirus program, but it doesnt make any diffrence even if i turn them off. I been doing pingplotter for hours at time within Telias net and something is fishy, i usually have a ping around 1-3ms in their net now its up to 4-6ms and spikes up to 200. I even managed to catch a packetloss of 33% on one of their nodes on a screenshot.

http://angelfire.mine.nu/bildarkiv/arkiv/30%loss.JPG
http://angelfire.mine.nu/bildarkiv/arkiv/merdåligping.JPG

After showing the screenie of the packetloss the answer i got from teliasupport was, -"but its only on one node". As if that would matter, if i lose 30% at one node they are gone wether all other nodes work or not. Anyways as you can see on the 2 jpegs shown is that telias net right now got something wrong in it, unless its my adsl modem. As i said before my cpu is reinstalled and i ran all diagnostics i could think off and found nothing wrong.
So right now i think its not GoA making my probs but Telia.

thanks for all replys

Cad

Rain

Fledgling Freddie
Oh, thats bad news then i suppose..Now, which modem do you have btw? I myself got an Alcatel one..

And don't stop pestering them, just keep at it, they'll listen eventually :)

Rain

Fledgling Freddie
Was it when they were looking into it that they kept at it that its only One node creating the problems? Or did they go further in the "looking into" and checked if they could fix it?

Cad

Fledgling Freddie
Bought a new network card and disabled the built-in on mb. Things seems to work now =) YIPPI. No packetloss or other then random pingspikes.

Thanks all for replys to this thread

Cad

pikeh

Resident Freddy
For any others that still have this problem, I recommend phoning ISP and getting them to run a line check. After this problem seems to have dissapeared completely. :drink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom